Final

Perfectly Normal

 

This can’t be healthy, Seunghyun thought, tugging a fist full of hair, almost as if doing so would tear his eyes away from his computer screen. The machine was projecting a sinfully beautiful sight, and Seunghyun watched, entranced, as his leader bounced around the stage, delivery powerful performances one after another. The fact that he was alone made no impact what-so-ever on his stage presence, and Seunghyun marveled at how his leader was able to fill the stage with his overflowing talent. How smoothly his raps flowed and how his small frame moved fluidly along with the beat. A sudden close-up caused Seunghyun’s breath to hitch, and his already big eyes widened even further as they took in the sight of Jiyong’s gorgeous face breaking into a gummy smile. Damn, Seunghyun thought. Is it even possible for someone to be so perfect? Maybe Jiyong isn’t even human. It simply can’t be possible for anyone to have that amount of talent radiating from every cell in his body-

 

“Ya hyung!” A nasal whine snapped Seunghyun out of his trance, and he quickly shut his laptop, emitting a loud bang. A quick glare in the direction of the noise saw a pouting Seungri, who was clutching on to two game controls, while Daesung stood next to him, leaning on the doorway with a cheeky grin. “You promised to play with me, hyung!” the maknae wailed, as if ready to throw a fit. “Daesung hyung’s being a sore loser and doesn’t want to play anymore, so it’s your turn!”

 

“Y-yea sure, just a sec,” the rapper stuttered while scrambling out of the comfort of his bed. He hastily made his way over to Seungri and knocked his head lightly. “But you maknaes really need to learn how to knock. I’m still your hyung and deserve some privacy, you know.”

 

“Why, were you watching or something?” the maknae mused, sneaking across the room. “Now that I think about it, your reaction screams suspiciousness.” In a flash, Seunghyun was next to him, a firm hand pressed protectively over his laptop.

 

“No, it was nothing of the sort,” he grumbled, but a break in his voice morphed the usually authoritative tenor into a hilarious squeak. The two maknaes snickered in response.

 

“Are you that nervous, hyung? Dude, there’s no need to be, I mean we’re all young men here. And I’m sure Daesung and I will totally understand if you have certain... needs,” the maknae teased, sauntering around the room. “By the way, if you find any good ones, feel free to share them with me.”

 

That rewarded Seungri with a scoff and another knock on the head. “Let’s just go play your stupid videogame,” Seunghyun sighed, in a desperate attempt to steer his nosy dongsengs out of his room. Upon witnessing the two exchange a meaning full glance, the older let out an exasperated huff. “Come on, I was not watching anything bad or inappropriate.”

 

“That totally explains the -eating grin plastered over your face,” he heard Daesung mumble under his breath.

 

An unconvincing “Can’t a person even smile anymore?” served as the rapper’s retort as he finally dragged his squabbling dongsengs out of his room, dealing them with a light whack in the head when they poked fun at whatever he was watching on his laptop. It is not wrong to watch my leader and showcase every bit of his perfection, he thought. There is absolutely nothing wrong with it. Even YG often encouraged watching the performances of others to aid in the improvement of everyone. But watching performances often resulted in a transfixed Seunghyun eyeing G-dragon’s every motion, lyrics and music becoming a blur in the background as the former lost himself in hazel pools of perfection. He would trail his eyes over every curve, every shadow, overworking his cornea and cerebrum while etching another image of this flawless being deep within his brain – not that he didn’t already have an impressive collection. All the while, the charismatic rapper would be snuggled up in his bed with his laptop on his lap, lips automatically curling themselves into a huge grin whenever the younger rapper made his presence on the screen. It was totally normal for Seunghyun to feel like someone had grabbed his heart and squeezed mercilessly whenever Jiyong smiled, just like how it was normal when he felt a rush of heat whenever Jiyong bit on that rosy perfection of a lip, or when he involuntarily let out girly squeals in response to Jiyong’s aegyo. All perfectly normal, he thought. All perfectly fine.

 

“Helloooo? Earth to Seunghyun-hyung!” A familiar annoying voice resonated his eardrums as a waving hand entered his vision. “Geez, you’ve been zoning out a lot lately,” the maknae remarked, eyeing Seunghyun’s confused face as the older blinked, surveying his surroundings. Leaning closer to Daesung, he whispered, “Do you think he got a girlfriend?”

 

“Nah, don’t think so,” the rapper’s best friend grinned, the cheeky, all-knowing smile making its way back on his face. Witnessing his hyung giggling and squirming around in bed like a schoolgirl once was enough. “Don’t count on him getting a girlfriend anytime soon.”