Chapter 1

Countryside Family

 

Chan Mi
      "Eomma,I'm home."I said. Eomma was in the kitchen cooking as usual. My grandmother sat on the floor playing her traditional instrument. 
      "Chan Mi,go put your things down in your room.It's almost time for dinner." Eomma said. I had grown up without a father all my life. He abandon us. He never loved my mother. Sadly,my mother always said when she looked at me,she saw him. I walked into my room to find Gongchan sitting on my bed. 
       "What are you doing here?"I asked. He shrugged. I took of my jacket and placed it on the dresser. 
       "It's quiet here.More quiet then it ever is at home."He said. He stood up from the bed. 
       "You're welcome to stay. My Eomma made dinner."I said. I grabbed his hand and dragged him down to the table. 
       "My grandson-in-law is very good looking."My grandmother said. Gongchan flushed a bright pink color and looked down at the table. 
       "Grandmother,this isn't my boyfriend."I said. Eomma looked at him and he looked away quickly,avoiding eye contact. 
       "Yah! Why are you so shy?"She asked. He didn't speak. He just continued to eat. 
       "Yah! Eomma,your bothering him!"I said. We continued to eat. I felt Eomma and Grandmother constantly staring at the two of us. Once we finished,we walked back up the stairs and into my room. 
       "Sorry.I don't know what's gotten into them."I said. He laughed. 
       "It's fine. I didn't mind it."He said. I laughed a little. 
       "Gongchan,your so easy going."I said. He laughed. 
       "Well,if I'm not easy going I'll lose control. So I choose to not mind anything anymore."He said. He looked at me.
       "What's that in your hair?"He asked. He put his hand softly on the top of my head.  
       "Aigoo! I knew it!"Eomma said. "Mother,we were right!"She said. 
       "OMO! EOMMA IT'S NOT LIKE THAT!"I said. Gongchan laughed. 
       "Aigoo! My son-in-law is a very nice boy!"Eomma said. I hit my head with my hand. 
       "Eomma,please leave!" I said. She closed the door. 
       "Once again,I am so sorry."I said. He laughed again. 
 
       
       "So do you enjoy living in the fields on a farm?"Gongchan asked. I nodded. 
       "I guess. I like the smell of fresh grass and the river steam in the back of my house."I said. He nodded. Sandeul approached us. 
       "How did you get here?"I asked. 
       "I'm magical."Sandeul said. He winked at me. He stood next to me. 
       "So what are we talking about?"He asked. 
       "Life in the countryside."I said. He nodded. 
       "It looks like fun to live here."He said. 
       "Yeah. So how's the others?"I asked. Gongchan and Sandeul looked at each other. 
       "Fine. Why do you ask?"Gongchan asked. I didn't wanna tell the truth so I lied. 
       "Just curious."I said. They nodded. We continued to walk in the field. Suddenly,the rest of the boys were in the field too. 
        "I was attacked by a chicken."Baro said. We all laughed. 
        "Maybe next time you shouldn't make mating calls to it!"Jinyoung said. We all laughed. 
        "Channie,you look pretty." Jinyoung said. I tried not to flush but I felt my cheeks burn while I looked at his smile. 
        "Well it looks like you have a lot of fun on the farm."CNU said. I nodded. 
        "I have my own garden. Its sectioned off. "Chan Mi's Garden"."I said. They nodded. 
        "If I were to have a garden,I would name it 'Garden of the Dork'."Jinyoung said. 
       "But Jinyoung, your far from dorky." I said. He patted my head. 
       "It's sweet that you would lie like that to protect my feelings."He said. I felt my check burn again.
        "There is a leaf in your hair."Jinyoung said. 
        "Oh!"I moved my hand up to my hair. He grabbed my wrist. 
        "I'll get it."He said. He softly pulled the leaf from my hair. I felt my heart thump out of my chest. 
 
 
What do you think?Jinyoung <3