Chapter 3

Reborn

 

Chapter 3: The King Of The White Elephant

 

 

The handsome male clenched his fists. He looked up at his informant, anger written all over his face.

“WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO DO?” The tall male angrily shouted, standing up from his throne. He then went towards a table where a widespread map lied. Little black figures stood on different parts of it, marking the land he had already lost.

King Chakkraphat leaned on the big table, looking over the horse shaped figures that stood for the troops he had send out to protect his country, Sion. He tried to find a way to save his country, running his right hand through his dark hair.

“My lord, may I interrupt your thoughts?” one of the kings crown counsels asked. The young king turned around, facing a man that was much older than he was; nodding towards his direction.

“Speak,” he ordered in a calm manner.

“King Tabinshweti already marched in, Ayutthaya is under assault. We need to fight back. Otherwise you’ll lose the throne, my king,” the old man explained.

Chakkraphat knew that the man was right, but he had wished to deal with the king of Burma in another way. Sion's king loved peace, he hated to attack back, but he had no other choice in order to protect his family. Burma's king was as hungry as a wolf. The king knew that it wouldn’t take long until the enemy reached the palace. Looking over the map, he placed another figure on it; near the palace. The figure was a white elephant, the most precious figure he owned, representing him and his strongest army. He, then, thoughtfully went back to his throne, thinking about the choices he had.

“Alright, we are going to fight back. Prepare my elephant; I’m going to lead the army tomorrow morning.” The young king made a hand movement, telling his underlings to leave now. A deep sigh escaped his lips, he had the feeling that something bad would happen, but he had to do something. He leaned back, thinking about his past as a monk as, suddenly, the door to the throne room opened. A beautiful woman softly closed the mosaicked door behind her, walking towards the king.

“I heard you are going to lead the army tomorrow?” she asked, while slightly bowing in front of her husband. The king smiled and motioned her to come closer. The woman did as asked and sat on her man’s lap, softly his handsome face.

“Yes, there is no other way out…” he mumbled, enjoying the touch of his loved wife.

“I see…” she whispered, while he pulled him into a loving kiss.

“Whatever you do, Suriyothai, please be safe.” The queen's husband whispered in a caring voice, letting her feel how much he loved her.

It’s only been seven months since he was the new king of Sion. There was also the fact that he was a young husband, only being married to the woman in his arms for around half a year. She was too young to die, so he would do everything to protect his love.

He a black hair strain out of his wife’s beautiful face. Suriyothai was the daughter of a federate king, she was sent to him in order to keep peace between the countries, but the young king hated to fight. However, Suriyothais father didn’t know that, so the young king decided to keep the woman he had fallen for by his side and made her his queen.

A smile crept onto the kings handsome features, standing up and carrying his wife to their bed room.

 

 

 

 

The marching of thousands of soldiers was heard, but everything went quiet as the king himself took his entrance on the battlefield. The ground was tinted in red, the blood of hundreds of soldiers that had to give their life in order to protect the palace.

The king's face distorted into a mask of pain and hate; sitting on his white elephant.

“They are going to pay for this. Attack!” he screamed, his voice loud and demanding, asking his soldiers to fight one last time for their country.

Roars could be heard and the king's soldiers ran onto the tinted battlefield, taking revenge on what the Burmese had done to their comrades. The king was at the front, wanting to show that he was capable to be the king of Sion. The young man looked for the opponent’s king, finding him on a dark grey elephant; also at the front of his army. A smirk crossed the black haired male's face, pleased to finally meet his opponent.

As he was about to attack, his elephant hooted in pain, stumbling and meeting the ground with his whole body and weight. The young king fell off of his faithful companion, rolling on the floor, breaking a few bones as he made contact with the hard ground. He knew that he was in trouble, his elephant was badly wounded, otherwise he wouldn’t have tripped. A cuss escaped the king's lips as he slowly tried to stand up, only to fall to the ground again. He felt something dripping on his hand and, as he looked up, he saw blood running down from his forehead to his shoulder, slowly dripping onto his hand. He knew that he had to hurry; otherwise he would be killed before he could take revenge for his country. Suddenly, a female hand reached for his hand and, as the male looked up, he was met with his wife's soft and caring eyes. Out of shock, he only looked at her, asking himself if he was already dead.

“Suriyothai, what are you doing here?” he asked, unsure if the woman in front of him was real or a product of his imagination.

“I had a bad feeling about this, so I came along. I wanted to be there for you if something bad happened,” the woman reasoned, while the king only shook his head in disagreement.

“Women aren’t allowed in the army! It’s too dangerous for you to be here!” he screamed. Not because he was angry but because he was frightened, frightened that he could lose the most precious thing in the world. Suriyothai was about to say something as, suddenly, a deep voice called the king's name.

“King Chakkraphat! You are going to die!” The Burmese king screamed, running into their direction. Chakkraphat jumped up, ignoring the pain he felt and pushed his wife to his right side, trying to protect her. But, as the young king was about to grab his sword, he realised that it wasn’t there any longer. As he looked to his right, he saw his wife running towards him, reaching him and stopping before her husband. She, then, pulled out a dagger to defend herself and her man. But she was too late.

For Chakkraphat it was like everything played in slow-motion. Seeing the opponent's sword piercing through his wife’s upper body. The sword went through her without much force, also wounding the young king. His wife’s dead body broke down in front of him, the shocked man standing rooted to the ground. Anger and sorrow built up in him, nearly ripping his heart into two. That man in front of him just killed his treasure, his wife, his love. He bowed down, took his wife’s dagger and ran towards the enemy, who was about to fight one of Chakkraphat's soldiers. He rammed the bloodsoaked blade into the killer's back, shouting out his wife’s name as he took his revenge. The young king succeeded to kill king Tabinshweti before everything around him went pitch black.

 

 

 


 

Nichkhun snapped out of his daydream, wiping away the tears that had started to form in his beautiful eyes. He hated to think about his past. The light-brown haired male looked up into the sky, admiring the sun and the warmth around him. Sitting in the sun was something grate and rare for him. He was like a sponge, trying to absorb everything around him. Suddenly, as if someone had shoved him, he fell to the ground. Heads turned around to look at him; he stared back, not knowing why they looked at him. Only after a few seconds he realised that he was kneeling in the middle of a pedestrian area, gasping as if he had just suffered from a heart-attack. The young man, then, tried to stabilize his breathing, standing up again and dusting himself off.

This was not the first time that something like this happened. To be exact, it was his third time. He hastily looked around, trying to figure where he/she was. He, then, closed his eyes, using his in-human abilities to trace the person he was looking for. He was sure that his lux had to be a woman. The last time he met this person was when she was a male, this was 200 years ago. With a little bit of luck she was female. It’s not that he wouldn’t try to make a man his Sanatio Casus, it’s just that it was easier for him if she was female.

A flowery scent caught his interest, tuning into the direction he had smelled it, opening his eyes again only to see a woman entering a building. Soft brown hair flowing in the wind was the last thing he saw. Nichkhun smirked, finally, after such a long time, he had finally found her again. He was sure that she was his lux. The collapse he had before and the increasing of his sense were only two hints that he had finally found her again. To his liking, she was female. So, it would be easier to make her fall for him. As the handsome man looked around, he noticed a bench, directly in front of the building the woman had vanished in. Nichkhun decided to wait and follow her.

After two hours of waiting, the brown haired girl finally left the building again. The girl walked down the street, while the sun was setting. Nichkhun had to admit that she was pretty, and he smiled as she hummed a song he knew. A song that was popular 400 years ago.

“So, you lived in Europe 400 years ago…” he whispered, seemingly surprised as he remembered that he was also in Europe at that time.

‘Bad for me that we didn’t meet each other.’ He thought; vanishing into an alley as the woman turned around. Since the young woman couldn’t see a suspicious person, she turned around again and continued to hum her song, entering a big block of flats.

Nichkhun was sure that this was the place she lived in, remembering everything around him. He, again, waited. Khun was sure that he had to spend the night in front of this house, but was surprised as the girl left her home; one hour later. It was already dark outside.

“Why is she going out at this time?” he curiously mumbled. Yeah, he would like to read her mind, but since she was his lux he wasn’t able to. No umbra could read his lux, this was a law.

Nichkhun, then, uncoupled himself from the alley, following her while trying not to make her notice him. After a short walk, she entered a dark grey building.

Yes, Khun knew the colour; he was a hunter, he could see perfectly at this time of day.

“ Destiny’ what a nice name for a bar/disco” he commented, also entering the building.

The young man curiously looked around. There weren’t that many guests, but it was too early to say this. The bar looked warm and inviting. The counter was made out of wood, while the walls were painted in dark red. Khun kind of liked the feeling this place gave, of being old and comfortable. The main point was the bar in the middle of the big room, a DJ area on the right side of it. There was also another bar on the left side, probably for other kind of drinks; cocktails, shots or similar drinks.

The ‘young’ immortal decided to sit down on a barstool, right in front of the counter. He let his gaze wander around, trying to find the brownish girl. Suddenly, her scent was near and as he turned his head to his left, he directly looked at her. She stood behind the counter, talking to a young woman with short black hair.

‘She works here...’ went through his mind, and he couldn’t grasp his luck.

‘This girl works at night! Lucky me…’

The woman seemed to notice him, since she went in his direction. Khun, on the other hand, was eager to hear her voice and get to know her name.

“Hello there, you’re new here. Is there something I can bring you?” she asked in a polite and soft voice. Shivers ran down Nichkhun's body. Yes; he liked her voice.

“A beer please, my name is Nichkhun by the way. I just moved here.” he casually said, hoping she would also tell him her name.

“Hold on,” she said, bending down, opening a fridge and pulling out a bottle of beer, “Here. So you just arrived to town?” she asked, handing the male the bottle of beer. The immortal simply nodded and thanked her. “I’m Soojin by the way. It’s nice to meet you,” she happily said.

“Nice to meet you too…” Khun mumbled.

‘We are going to have a lot of fun, woman,’ he thought, smiling evilly.

 

 

 


A/N:

Sooo..this is my new chapter. As you all noticed, it's based on Khun's past :D

The names I used in the first part of the chapter...well, these persons really existed and so did the war. I thought about which past would suit Khun and I stumbled about this sad 'love story' of a king in the 16th century. Of course, not everything I wrote there is true. (The opponent didn't die...and the king wasn't turned into a immortal *hahaha!) Just type in the names above and Wiki will show you the 'real' story ^^

But it really suited and so I used it for my fanfic :D

Hahaha! Khun is a Thai prince~ *high five* (Yeah, Ayutthaya is now a city in Thailand...so Khun was a Thai prince :3)

This chapter wasn't as hard to write as chapter two, to be honest I finished this one rather fast ^^

Anyway, I hope you liked it ^^

Please excuse my poor grammar and mistakes I made...>.<

I appreciate each subscriber and comment I get! So don't hesitate to tell me your thought to this story in the comment section :D

Lots of love, Banana_Dreams ♥

 

Translation:

umbra (Latin) - shadow (English)