1/1

Emotionally Invested

 

Jongup can't help himself. He's scared. That is why he detaches himself from everyone else. He doesn't hate the members, but he doesn't want to love them either. 
 
Jongup grew up with 2 sisters who never failed to tell him to never get emotionally invested in anyone. When he was younger, on many nights they would sit him down on their beds & through painful ugly tears, they would bitterly warn him, "Don't get emotionally invested in anyone! They will hurt you & the pain is so bad you'd feel like dying". And his sisters did sound like they were dying from their loud wailings & sobbings so Jongup got scared & listened to his sisters.
 
He became an introvert & when he grew up & joined BAP, he detached himself from all the members. He only spoke when he's spoken to, so the members left him alone, dismissing him as a bad case of shyness. As long as he does his part in the band, they didn't care if he has the personality of a dry wall. All except that one particular loud-mouthed, in-your-face member. Daehyun is persistent & touchy & insistent & the invader of his personal space. Somehow, Daehyun have stirred up a chaos in Jongup's heart, leaving Jongup more scared and confused than ever. Jongup found himself gradually falling deep & hard for Daehyun. He wanted to confess to Daehyun, but then he remembered the words his sisters have said about heartaches from being emotionally invested are painful enough to kill & he got scared all over again because he doesn't want to die yet. He is still young & there are so many things he has yet to accomplish. So he stayed away from Daehyun.
 
 
 
 
But when a teary eyed Daehyun stormed into Jongup's room one night, demanding for Jongup to stop running away & just be with him, Jongup realises something. Daehyun feels the same way about him too. Jongup realised that he never got around to asking his sisters the most important question. What happens if the person he is emotionally invested in, is emotionally invested in him too?
 
His sisters weren't around to tell him what to do so Jongup figured he just had to find out the answer himself. So he pulled a crying Daehyun into his arms & shut him up with a kiss.