Chapter 10"One Step Forward, Two Steps Back"

Listen

Just when everything was going fine, she decided to take a step back. Just when he was about to take a step forward, she left him behind. It was officially 7 months since NamEun and Taehyung started dating. Just when Taehyung thought there relationship was growing stronger, NamEun left it to die. At least he thought she did.

"I don't understand." Taehyung confusingly looked at NamEun who sighed sadly, "Why are you breaking up with me all of a sudden?"

NamEun looked up at him and gave him a small smile, "It's not working for me anymore. Maybe we should just stop this now." She turned away from Taehyung and left the cafe' silently, leaving him speechless and dumbfounded.

"I hope nothing, but the best for you...." NamEun whispered to herself, looking back at Taehyung through the cafe's glass window as tears gushed down her cheeks, "Taehyung-ah..."

It was a Saturday night. BTS was getting ready to pack up there things for there Japan tour. The boys noticed a different side of V that evening. He was quieter than usual and answered with small replies.

"Ya, are you okay?" Jin asked, having V look up at the older boy.

"Fine." The younger boy replied, zipping his briefcase up.

"Spill it." Jimin popped into Jin and V's room as the rest of the boys followed him from behind.

"It's nothing guys." V set his black briefcase onto the ground and sighed.

"Something tells me that it's about NamEun." J-Hope said, giving him the suspicious look.

"She broke up with you, didn't she?" Suga sarcastically said, laughing through his sentence.

V sighed sadly and nodded his head. Suga immediately stopped laughing and they all looked at him worriedly.

"Wait? Why'd she break up with you?" Jungkook asked, surprised.

"I don't know. She just said it wasn't working for her anymore." V exhaled through his mouth once again and sat on his bed.

"But, that doesn't make sense." Rap Monster said, furrowing his eyebrows in confusion.

"Yeah, she seemed so happy with you." Jimin said, scanning the ground with confusion also.

"Why didn't you go after her?" Jin asked, having V look at him now.

"Was I suppose to?" V asked confused.

"YES!" They yelled with a 'duh, what else' tone.

"Look, I know she's your first girlfriend and you don't have much experience-"

"But, whenever a girl walks away from you after a break up...they want to see if you'll chase after them or not. You probably made her feel like she wasn't worth fighting for." Jimin said, interrupting Suga.

"But-"

"No, buts!" BTS yelled, interrupting V.

"Our flight doesn't leave in like..." Jungkook looked at his watch then back at V, "Another 4 hours or so. Go work it out with her, hyung."

"I'm pretty sure she's got an explanation behind those 'it wasn't working out for me' words." Jimin advised him, having V think about everything now.

NamEun sat up on the hilltop where she and Taehyung always went to after school. She sighed softly as the wind gently pressed against her cheeks.

"Nam NamEun!" She heard a voice from afar call her name.

NamEun turned around and saw Taehyung not so far from where she was standing. Her eyes widened as he now ran towards her. She turned around and was about to go down the hill, but Taehyung was faster than her. He grabbed onto her wrist and turned her around to face him.

"I can't let you go so easily." Taehyung said, looking at her with a serious face.

"B-Bwoh?" She asked, her eyes still wide.

"Why are you suddenly breaking up with me? Do you not know how much I'm hurting right now? Do you not think of me at all and how I would feel?"

"You don't understand." She pulled away from him, but that only made his grip around her wrist tighter.

"Tell me what's wrong?" Silence, "Everything was fine. I was happy. You were happy. At least I thought you were. Weren't you?"

"Oppa...please..." Tears were forming in her eyes and he could tell that she was hurt herself, "Sooner or later....I'm going to leave you anyways."

"But, why?!" He yelled, not knowing that his tone grew louder and angrier, "I don't understand why you're suddenly leaving me. I know..." Taehyung's voice began to falter as NamEun looked down at the ground, "I know I'm a lot to take....but, why are you leaving me? Please tell me, NamEun-ah..."

"Taehyung..." She looked at him who was already streaming with tears down his face, "I'm dying..." NamEun brought her left hand up and wiped away the tears that stained on his pale cheeks.

"Why are you dying? Is it because I'm leaving? I promise, I'll come back. It's only for two months-"

"No, that's not what I mean." She sighed and closed her eyes then leaned both there foreheads together, wrapping both her hands around his neck, "I'm literally dying. I'm slowly dying, Taehyung-ah..." Right then, he pulled her into his embrace.

"Foolish girl, don't play with me." Taehyung's grip around her shoulders tightened and she let out a small smile.

"I wish I was....I thought that maybe letting you go would be less hurtful."

"You'll wait for me, right? You won't leave me...." He pulled away to look at her, "because, I know you still love this pabo that's standing right in front of you. Am I right?"

She let out a small smile, "Ne...very much."

"When I come back...you'll still be here, right?"

She placed her right hand to his chest, feeling his heart beat going at a steady pace, "You'll always find me here."

"NamEun-"

"I'll try to stay alive for you. But, I can't promise anything."

"Trying is better than not trying at all."

She gave him a small smile, "You should go now....the members are probably waiting for you back at the dorm."

He looked at her in the eyes for awhile then turned around. Taehyung took each step forward, but felt his heart breaking every move he made. She was dying. The love of his life was dying and he didn't know what to do.

NamEun began to feel tears rolling down her cheeks as her heart ached more than it already was. It was possible that this was going to be the last time she was going to see him. His back turned to her. No words said. Was this really the correct way to say goodbye?

"Taehyung-ah..." She said, having him turn back her way. They were still only a few inches away from each other and they knew this wasn't the way to say farewell.

No words were needed to be said. He walked back to her who looked at him with a pained face, not wanting to see him go just yet. As if he read her mind, Taehyung cupped both her cheeks with both his hands and pressed there lips together. Harder than the first kiss they had up on the schools rooftop. He knew if he didn't kiss her now then when will he ever feel there lips together ever again? Tears ran down her cheeks as he closed the gap between them. She was dying, was all he could think of.

After what seemed like years, he finally pulled back and turned around, walking down the hilltop now. She wanted him to stay, to be there with her every step of the way. But, NamEun knew well herself that that wasn't going to work out. He was an idol. He had important schedules to go to. Now why didn't NamEun go to the airport to say her goodbye there? It's simple. It was too painful to watch him go.

"I'll be waiting...." She whispered as more tears race down her cheeks, seeing his figure disappear now, "Don't take too long...Taehyung-ah..."

He wanted to look back. But, knowing how hurt they both were, Taehyung knew it'll only make it harder for the both of them to say there goodbyes. He knew she loved him as much as he loved her.

"Wait for me..." He whispered, having tears water in his eyes now, "I won't be long..."

_________________________

A/N: LOSDIXFJKLIGVDXHJLUIGHJDF; HERE'S ANOTHER UPDATE! & yes, more will be explained in the next chapter. *coughs* the ending of this story. *coughs* Anywho, I just wanna thank you all for subscribing to my story. But, especially to those who took there time to give me there opinions on how they felt about the story and all. You're all so DIFXFJ; PRECIOUS. LOLs, okay enough talk. But, thank you for being patient with me!!!! I LOVE YOU ALL SO SO MUCH! Whether you believe me or not, it's TRUE. T___T :D   &&& Please leave some comments. Comment's are surely appreciated and loved by me. Once again, thank you so so much for subscribing and updating with me. ^____^

_________________________

Special Thanks To: Jaeger_TECH for upvoting this story. It means a lot to me. ^^