one

Dancing (LWMS)

A couple of weeks have passed since Luhan’s been stalking his best friend’s ever move. You see, Lay didn’t know he knew, but Luhan knew. Luhan knew his best friend was crushing on one of their dance students and it was the most obvious thing in the world. Well, the only people who didn’t notice were the two idiots known as Zhang Yixing and Wu Yifan.

 

Luhan and Lay were currently preparing the dance studio they jointly owned for their next class. This afternoon’s class was ballroom, meaning, they would be teaching the most uncoordinated people the most precise dance ever known to man… great.

 

But Lay didn’t mind, he didn’t mind one bit. Because he knew who came every other day at 4:00 p.m., requesting his presence. It was Wu Yifan, the one person who made his heart beat a little bit faster each time the other would gently brush his arm against his.

 

Lay didn’t mean to sound lame, but he couldn’t help it. He felt like a little schoolgirl who discovered her crush liked her as well. Only, the big difference was, he was sure Kris didn’t feel that way about him.

 

His thoughts were interrupted when his not-so-caring best friend smacked him right in the forehead. “Lay, stop daydreaming, we have to finish cleaning up before the first student arrives” Luhan’s “manly” scolding entering Lay’s right ear and exiting the left.

 

Lay just smiled awkwardly at his best friend, his cute dimple appearing from the right corner of his cheek. “Do you think he’ll come?” He asked out the blue.

 

Luhan just rolled his eyes at his dumb yet cute best friend. He smiled back nonetheless, knowing full well that he couldn’t deny that adorable smile. “Of course he’s coming Xingie! He wouldn’t miss it for the world.”

 

Luhan didn’t realize his little comment had such an effect on his best friend. Lay’s smile becoming even wider, if that was even possible.

 

“Thanks Lulu” Lay replied before standing up and running towards the locker room. “Hey! LAY! Where are you going?!” Luhan asked, they were supposed to be cleaning the studio before anyone arrived, together…

 

“Together” being the operative word.

 

“Please Gege; can you clean by yourself? I don’t want to look all sweaty in front of Kris, and I have to change into something nicer.” The unicorn replied, flashing his killer smile, knowing full well that his gege couldn’t refuse.

 

Luhan stood there, looking Lay straight in the eyes before sighing in defeat; he hated how Lay’s smile had such an effect on him. “Fine, but you better hurry up. Kris will be here any minute.”

 

Lay, with a beaming smile plastered across his face, ran up to Luhan and gave his best friend a tight hug. “Thank you gege, I promise, if you and Sehun ever need my help I’ll be here.” he continued to hug the smaller boy even tighter before finally letting go and running towards the locker room.

 

Luhan rolled his eyes but smiled nonetheless “He’s lucky he’s my best friend…”

 


 

 

Lay promptly fixes himself one last time before exiting the locker room. He glances at his reflection in the mirror, gazing at himself from head to toe, judging every single tiny detail, making sure he looked perfect in front of his cute client.

 

With a content grin, matched with a white wife-beater and shorts, he was good to go. He just hoped Kris found him at least handsome.

 

He expressions somewhat sank when he remembered one tiny flaw about his plan to make Kris fall in love with him. The fact that the other was already in a committed relationship; and that it was with a girl. Meaning, Kris only saw Lay as a "friend".

 

Nevertheless he was still going to enjoy his one on one time with the blonde dragon, because even if he could never have a relationship with him. He was at least content with being friends with the guy.

 

“Lay, guess whose hear?!” Luhan yelled-sang from the entrance before opening the door to reveal a very y handsome Kris wearing a white sleeveless tee that showed off his strong muscular arms and his dragon tattoo, which Lay found incredibly y, with his hair tied back in a ponytail.

 

Lay tried not to stare at Kris’ arms but failed miserably when all he could focus on were Kris’ biceps. his lips he continued to stare before a certain deer brought him back to reality.

 

“LAY!” Luhan yelled for the nth time. “WHAT!?” Lay snapped back before covering his mouth from the realization that he just shouted in front of Kris.  

 

Before Lay could explain anything, Luhan, being the best friend he truly was, made up an excuse on the spot. “Sorry about that Kris” Luhan smiled before wrapping his arm around his best friend. “This one accidentally had too much to drink last night and he might still be a little drunk.”

 

Lay looked back at Luhan with a smile, but this time it was a different smile. It wasn’t his usual “I love the unicorns” smile; it was more of the “I’m going to kill you” smile.

 

But Kris didn’t seem to be fazed one bit by Lay’s sudden outburst, he was actually laughing. “Cute as always Yixing.” The blonde teased before poking the brunette in the stomach.

 

Lay blushed from the sudden contact but smiled nonetheless, thanking god that Kris didn’t find him a complete weirdo.

 

Luhan rolled his eyes from watching these two idiots. Things were going nowhere if he didn’t do anything about it. His best friend was as awkward as, well, a homoual in front of a straight guy and Kris was as clueless as, well, a straight guy in front of a homoual. He pinched the bridge of nose before coming up with an idea.

 

“Kris! We should get started!” Luhan clasped his hands together from the sudden buzz of excitement running through his body. “This is going to be fun” he smirked evilly.

 

Kris nodded in reply “Okay, I really need to re-learn the last part of the dance Xingie. I kind of forgot… ” Kris slightly embarrassed while rubbing the back of his neck.

 

Lay couldn’t help but find Kris’ timidity extremely cute. The way the blonde would shyly rub the back of his neck drove the brunette nuts. He wondered how it would taste if he pressed his lips against the blonde boy’s nape.

 

Lay brought himself back to reality before gesturing Kris to go right ahead inside the practice room.

 

Before Lay could follow Kris inside he felt someone harshly dragging his arm to god knows where. “Be right back Kris, I just have to give Lay some pills.” Luhan informed before dragging his best friend inside the locker room and locking the door behind them.

 

“Now spill.” Luhan commanded before making his best friend sit down while standing in front of him like some sort of bad cop interrogation.

 

Lay blinked innocently at the other boy before responding. “Spill what?”

 

Luhan smirked evilly before opening one of the lockers. He pulled out what looked like a black notebook of some sort. A black notebook that looked very familiar to Lay.

 

Then it hit him…

 

“GIVE THAT BACK!” Lay screamed before lunging full force at his fellow dance teacher.

 

Luhan, who was laughing hysterically, began to run away from the enraged unicorn before coming to a halt when he reached a dead end.

 

“Luhan...” Lay voice low and calm. “Give. Me. The. Notebook.” He said in between pauses.

 

“Calm down Lady Unicorn” Luhan smirked before giving back Lay his precious notebook. The brunette quickly snatched his beloved notebook from the evil clutches of his best friend before grinning from his triumph.

 

Or so he thought.

 

“No matter, I already read everything.” Luhan smirked sitting down, crossing his legs while watching his best friend sink in defeat. Lay’s eyes grew the size of boulders while his mouth hung open; needless to say he was speechless.

 

“W-What?” was really all Lay could say at the moment. Luhan knew everything, he knew everything and he had nowhere to hide.

 

You see, that black notebook wasn’t just any other ordinary black notebook. Lay wrote about Kris in that notebook. Every time the two would meet, at the end of the day, Lay would write all the things he and Kris did and other things that are to explicit talk about. Lay couldn’t believe it; he began to worry about what his best friend thought about him at the moment. Was he judging him?

 

Luhan could tell Lay was nervous so he softened his expression and patted the ground next to him, signaling the other boy to sit beside him.

 

Silence engulfed the room for a couple of seconds before Luhan began to grow tired of no one talking.

 

“I know you like him” Luhan breaking the awkward silence between them.

 

Lay began to fidget with his fingers before nodding at Luhan’s statement. He couldn’t lie, Luhan knew he liked Kris more than a friend but he was slightly embarrassed. He wrote other things on that notebook, like his dreams and whatnot. He didn’t want Luhan knowing that he dreamt he and Kris had in the middle of the deserted beach.

 

His mind was suddenly disturbed by the sound of Luhan’s uncontrollable laughter.

 

Unable to hold it either Lay began to laugh as well, both of them laughing together, the silence in the room disappearing immediately.

 

Both of their laughs slowly died down which left Lay in a comfortable mood. Though confused, Lay felt good that his best friend wasn’t uncomfortable around him.

 

“Why are you laughing?” Lay finally asked out of pure curiosity.

 

“You of course!” Luhan giggled before jabbing his index finger on Lay’s chest. “You’re looking at me like you’re about to cry. I love you Yixing, you’re my best friend, and nothing you can say is ever going to change that.”  Luhan said matter-of-factly before giving Lay a giant bear hug, which the younger boy could only return seeing that he gave his best friend the wrong impression.

 

“I’m sorry gege” Lay smiled before freeing himself from Luhan’s tight grasp.

 

“I forgive you, plus, if anyone should be embarrassed it should be me.” Luhan laughed while blushing madly. “Remember that night in the storage room with Sehun.”

 

Lay thought about it for awhile before blushing as well. He remembered, he remembered it very clearly. How could he forget? It traumatized him for life.
“I just never pegged you for a top gege.”

 

“YAH!” Luhan blushed before punching Lay lightly in the arm. “I’m manlier than you think.”

 

Lay laughed before his eyes went wide, remembering that Kris was still waiting for them in the practice room. To think, they have been mindlessly chatting inside the locker room for a good fifteen minutes.

 

“GEGE!” Lay yelled, surprising his gege a bit but the other seemed pretty used to it by now. “Kris has been waiting for us for about fifteen minutes! We forgot about him!” Lay was seemingly becoming a nervous wreck.

 

But Luhan only smirked, he knew very well Kris was waiting for them; it was just part of his evil plan.

 

“Lay, you go ahead, I’ll meet you in the practice room.” The deer smiled angelically, leaving no traces of evil.

 

Lay, being the naïve type, nodded before leaving the locker room, leaving a very happy Luhan who, at the moment, resembled more of a hyena than a deer.

 



 

Lay gulped when he entered the practice room, however, just a couple of seconds ago he was mentally preparing himself on how to handle different situations Kris might throw at him.

 

Maybe Kris was angry, seeing that he had to wait fifteen minutes for him to show up.

 

Maybe Kris was excited because he really enjoyed this class and loved to dance.

 

Maybe Kris was in love with Yixing and he scooped the brown haired boy in his arms and carried him to the nearest deserted beach.

 

However, excluding the last part, this reality was so much better.

 

Kris was currently on the ground, doing crunches, shirtless. His body glistening with sweat, his muscles protruding from the intense workout. His abs shining in the sunlight as his chest heaved up and down from his heavy breathing.

 

Kris noticed Lay standing there and went to get his dance teacher, not noticing how the other boy was currently salivating over his body. “I hope you don’t mind, It’s kind of hot in here.” Kris explained before wiping a towel over his body.

 

“I know…” Lay muttered under his breath.

 

If Luhan, who was currently watching them from the air vents, didn’t have great hearing he could’ve sworn he heard a whimper escape Lay’s lips.

 

Luhan was, let’s face it, spying on the two lovebirds from the air vents, waiting for his plan to come to fruition.

 

What is his plan you might ask?

 

Well…

 

  • Step 1: Make Lay admit he has feeling for Kris.
  • Step 2: Turn off the air conditioning inside the practice room to heat things up a bit.
  • Step 3: Make Yixing dance seductively in front of Kris.
  • Final Step: Make Kris fall in love with Yixing and may they live Happily Ever After.

 

Luhan has never been more proud of himself than he is right at this moment, his evil plan playing in front of him as he watched comfortably from the sidelines.

 

“Let the fun begin…”

 

 


[A/N] Happy Birthday to Me! Part 2 is coming up soon so please await that and this is 2,252 words in total. My longest chapter on any fic to date.
My KrisLay feels were getting out of hand you guys, I really NEEDED to write this, like, I had to.

But c'mon guys, how could you not love Yixing after this?

He is literally the perfect guy. He's so respectful and seeing the unicorn cry was just so PRECIOUS. This guy is really something special.

Anyway, Thank you for reading and please SUB, COMMENT, UP VOTE!