A Day Off... Gone Wrong?

The Wrongs of Marriage

Chapter 2

NOT EDITED ! 

 --------------

 

The next day, the Jung family woke up and Sunghee was quietly making breakfast for everyone while Yunho sat at the dining table reading his newspaper while having coffee. The kids sat quietly looking from one parent to the other.

“Jagiya, let’s do something together.” Yunho said to Sunghee.

The kids turned to their dad then to their mom to see her reaction.

“Wae?” she replied. “Don’t you have work?”

“Aniyo.” He said, “I have the day off.”

“Kurae? I guess.” Sunghee said.

The phone suddenly rang and Youngjae got up from his seat to answer the phone.

“Yoboseyo.” He said. “Ah~ Uncle Yoohwan! Let me ask mom!”

“What is it?” Sunghee asked her son.

“Uncle Yoohwan asked if you needed him to drop us off at school.” Youngjae said.

Sunghee looked at Yunho to see his answer. Yunho shook his head.

“Tell him it’s alright. We’ll drop you off.” Sunghee said.

Youngjae nodded. “Mom said it’s okay. Okay, thanks Uncle Yoohwan. Bye!”

***

After dropping off the kids at school, Yunho drove around the city to find something interesting to do.

“What do you want to do?” he asked Sunghee.

She shrugged in reply. “Anything is fine.”

“Shopping it is.” He said and drove her to the mall.

***

-Mall-

“Find anything you’d like. I’ll pay.” Yunho offered.

Sunghee didn’t reply. She just walked past him and looked around the store they were in.

“Oppa!” she heard someone. “Are you here alone?”

“I’m here with my wife.” She heard Yunho say.

Shaking her head she quietly went out of the store leaving Yunho with the girl he was talking with.

“I was right.” She said to herself.

***

-Back at the Store-

“Oh? Where is she?” the girl asked.

“Hyemi, leave me alone.” Yunho said. “She’s over- oh? Where’d she go?”

“Oppa, are you lying to me?” Hyemi said. “C’mon, let’s hang together then.”

“I’m supposed to be here with my wife not someone else.” Yunho said.

“Please?” Hyemi begged. “Your wife is not here anyways. Obviously, she ditched you.”

“Hyemi, please.” Yunho said sighing. “Leave me alone.”

***

“Aish!” Yunho said. “I can’t believe she ditched me.”

***

-Youngjae & Minjee’s School-

“Yoohwan?” Sunghee asked as she approached Youngjae’s classroom. “What are you doing here?”

“Picking up my favorite niece and nephew. Shouldn’t you be with Yunho-hyung?” he replied.

“Yunho has someone else with him already.” Sunghee said with a disappointed tone.

“If he keeps hurting you, why don’t you just leave him?” Yoohwan asked.

“You have no idea.” She said. “Even if I did leave him, what about the kids? They need their father regardless.”

“You do have a point.” Yoohwan said.

“Exactly.”

The bell rang and Youngjae ran out of classroom and saw his mom and Yoohwan standing outside waiting for him.

“Mom! Uncle Yoohwan!” He shouted excitedly.

“Hey kiddo! How was school?” Yoohwan asked bending down to Youngjae’s level.

“School was fun!” he replied happily. “Let’s go get Minjee!”

***

After picking up Minjee, the four went to Yoohwan’s family’s Gelato Shop because the kids had asked to stop by there for some ice cream.

“Uncle Yoohwan, this is so delicious!” Minjee said cutely.

“I’m glad you like it.” Yoohwan said smiling at her.

“Mom, where’s dad?” Youngjae asked his mom.

Sunghee looked at Yoohwan then back to Youngjae and Minjee. “He had a last minute schedule.” She lied.

The two kids nodded. Of course they didn’t buy it but they didn’t want to question their mom any further.

***

-Home- [7PM]

“Why’d you leave?” Yunho asked Sunghee.

“You had company.” She replied bluntly.

“I was looking for you.” Yunho said trying to not yell.

“You should’ve told me you invited another person.” Sunghee said.

“I didn’t know she’d be there.” Yunho said.

“You know what?” Sunghee replied. “I don’t even care anymore. Do whatever you want.”

“Sunghee!” Yunho shouted. “I’m sorry okay?”

“If sorry could fix everything, no one in this world would be so hurt.” She said. “I’ve had enough.”

***

-Dinner- [8PM]

“Mommy, can I go to Lotte World with Uncle Yoohwan tomorrow?” Youngjae asked his mom.

“What about Minjee?” Sunghee asked.

“She can come too.” Youngjae replied. “Uncle Yoohwan said he wouldn’t mind as long as we get your permission.”

“What about me?” Yunho barked. “I’m your father.”

“You don’t care about me!” Youngjae shouted.

“What?!” Yunho yelled. “I do care about you and Minjee.”

“If you cared so much, you’d help mom take care of us when you’re free! You’d help me with homework when I ask!” he said.

“Jung Youngjae! You don’t yell at your father like that.” Sunghee shouted.

“Why should I be nice to him when he doesn’t care about me? When he doesn’t care about any of us!” Youngjae shouted. “I’m finished with dinner. I’m going upstairs.”

Before Sunghee and Yunho could say anything, Youngjae had already left. Sunghee turned to Minjee and saw her get teary.

“Minjee, go upstairs. Bring your plate with you. Okay?” Sunghee said softly.

Minjee nodded obediently and left Yunho and Sunghee alone.

“Sunghee I-“ Yunho began but got cut off.

“Don’t even try to talk to me.” She said to him coldly.

“But-“

“I said I don’t want to hear it!” Sunghee replied. “Don’t even try.”

“I’ll be with the guys tonight.” Yunho said sighing and got up from his seat. “Good night.”

***

“Youngjae?” Sunghee said when she went into his room. “Are you asleep?”

“Mom.” Youngjae called out.

Sunghee took a seat on Youngjae’s bed and looked at him. “Are you alright?”

“Mom, why are you so nice to Dad?” Youngjae asked. “He keeps hurting you. I don’t like that.”

“Because he’s still my husband.” Sunghee said. “And he’s still your dad. You should know that.”

“Do you love Dad?” Youngjae asked.

“Of course I do.” She replied.

“Then what about Uncle Yoohwan?” he cutely asked.

“He’s just a close friend Youngjae.” She said. “Please, get along with your dad. He’s still your dad after all.”

“But are you just going to let Dad hurt you like that?” Youngjae said. “I don’t like seeing you two fight every day. I don’t like seeing you cry because of Dad.”

“If things get out of hand, I’ll file a divorce. Okay?”

“Would you marry Uncle Yoohwan then?” Youngjae excited asked.

“Jung Youngjae!” Sunghee said.

Youngjae pouted. “Okay! Okay! But if you two divorce, I’m going with you mom.”

Sunghee sighed. “Okay. Now, go to sleep.”

***

-DBSK’s Dorm-

“Yunho! Stop drinking!” JaeJoong scolded Yunho. “It’s not right.”

“Shut up hyung!” Yunho snapped.

“What did you two fight about this time?” Yoochun asked.

“Youngjae asked her if he could go to Lotte World with Yoohwan but he didn’t ask me.” Yunho said.

“What? All because of that? You’re both ridiculous.” Changmin said.

“And then Youngjae said he hated how I didn’t care about him, Minjee, and Sunghee.” Yunho continued.

“Well,” Junsu began. “Technically, you don’t.”

“What’d you say?” Yunho yelled glaring at Junsu.

Junsu turned away and remained silent.

“At this rate, she will leave you.” Yoochun muttered.

“I know.” Yunho sadly said. “I know.”

“Do something.” JaeJoong replied. “If you know then do something about it.”

***

-Sunghee’s Side-

Should I divorce?’ Sunghee thought. ‘I’m tired of fighting with him. But the kids, they still need their father. Even if they don’t like Yunho, they still need him. They need a father.

-----------------------------

@QueenB_doll - Thanks for supporting the first story! I hope you'll like this one as well (: