Birthday Prince

Birthday Prince

“Happy Birthday!” Kwagmin shouted as he uncovered my eyes.

I opened them to find our living room covered with girly decorations, all of the Boyfriend band, and my whole family.

“Oppa, you didn’t...” I mumbled in disbelief, glance this way and that way, trying to take it all in at once.

“But I did,” he replied, cheekily, adding in a cute wink, “and I got some one who, I know you’re a big fan of.”

“You did not!” I nearly shouted, jumping up and down. I was so in love with Lee Gikwang from B2ST! Oh, and this cheeky boy, Kwagmin, is my best friend for life. We met in pre-k and ever since then he has been my best friend.

“But you know I did!” he smiled, as he grabbed my hand gently, leaning me though the large crowd.

After a while of tugging me, he pushed me out to the terrace.

“Here is your birthday present from your best friend,” he whispered in my ear as I stared toward a teen with his sculpted back towards me, “I hope you like it.” And with that Kwagmin left me alone on the terrace with the unknown stranger.

Slowly, the boy turned around,

“Annyeong ____-ah, happy birthday,” his voice was as deep and y as I thought it would be.

I went weak at my knees,

“A-an-annyeong Oppa,” I stuttered.

“You look as you’ve seen a ghost,” he laughed as he leaned against the stone railing. Smiling at me and giving me bit of that eye smile that I knew would have killed millions of fangirls in 3 seconds flat. “but I see a disappointed look on your face. Am I not what you wanted?”

“No, no, Oppa, your perfect,” I said quickly, bitting my bottom lip, “I’m just a bit shell-shocked. I told Kwagmin for my birthday present, I wanted to meet you, but I was sort of joking. I didn’t really think it was going to happen."

“You seem to have little faith in your friend. You know that he would do anything to make you happy, right?”

“But that’s just a friend thing. We’re suppose to make each other happy.” I was confused, what was Gikwang Oppa getting at?

“What I meant, is that he is willing to put aside his love for you, and let you met another man. Just to make you happy,” Gikwang explained.

“Wait, what?” I was again shell-shocked and picking my jaw from the ground.

“Yes, Kwagmin came to me a week ago and begged me to go to your birthday party and surprise you, and when I asked why, he said because it would make you happy. And at that moment, I knew, his heart was stolen and crushed, by a careless girl.”

“I had no idea. I just thought of him as an older brother,” I said, knowing I was lying to myself.

“I know that’s a lie. I can tell you like him too, but was afraid he didn’t feel that way, because you’ve seen him with another girl. Am I right?”

“H-how did you know that?” I asked.

“Your face,” came a simple answer. “Now go meant your real prince,” he whispered, as he walked up to me and pushed me gently back into the house.

I ran straight into Kwangmin’s arms.

“Hey, how was your meeti-“ he was about to ask, but his words were cut short…by my lips.