The most beautiful flower

Canis Lupus
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

When Kai woke up the following day, Luhan was gone. He sat on the dirt and looked around, confused. He didn’t remember much of the night before, except maybe for his conversation with Kyungsoo, and his drinking and… a white wolf? Luhan, of course. The blonde wolf was in their lake last night, and then they… talked? He couldn’t remember, but he was pretty sure Luhan was …

“?” Kai jumped to his feet when that thought crossed his mind. Luhan had been the night before, and so was he, and they probably did... that.

-Oh my God… - Kai knelt over the leaves, hiding his face in his hands. He didn’t believe he had done something so wrong. His husband, his mate, was feeling bad in their den and instead of being with him, he got drunk and went out to the woods to have with another man.

He rubbed his eyes, frustrated. He couldn’t remember Luhan’s body well, or even exactly what they did together and he didn’t want to remember. He just wished he could forget about that night and pretend it never happened. Luhan was pretty, of course, but Kai didn’t want him. He loved Kyungsoo and he didn’t want anyone else but his mate, the love of his life.

That thing did happen, however, and he wondered what he should do now. Should he tell Kyungsoo, be honest with the man and tell him it was just a drunken mistake and that it would never happen again? Or should he really pretend nothing happened?

He groaned and got to his feet, walking to the lake so he could wash himself before going back home. He kneeled on the shore and watched his reflex on the lake silently. Then he raised a hand and punched the water angrily.

-You are such a jerk, Jongin. – He told himself. – After all Kyungsoo has been through because of you, that’s how you repay him?

He punched the water again, and again, and yet another time until he heard someone approaching.

-Why are you fighting your reflex? Did the bastard wrong you? - He asked playfully.

-Chanyeol… - Kai tried to smile at his friend, but it wasn’t possible at the moment.

-Good that I found you, Kyungsoo was freaking out already, thinking you ran away.

-Of course I didn’t…

-I told him he was overreacting, but he didn’t listen. – Chanyeol shrugged. – Let’s take a shower then and go back home.

Kai nodded and entered the lake. He didn’t want to go back home, but he had to, and he would have to face Kyungsoo soon or later. Better be soon than too late.

 

><><><><><>< 

 

When Luhan arrived at his village that morning, he was feeling worse than he ever felt. He had slept with another wolf last night, and that made three in his list. First he had a quick flame with Kris, then it was Xiumin's turn, and now a Brown Wolf he didn’t even know that well.

He didn’t know why he felt so bad. It was supposed to be like the times he had with Xiumin; it meant nothing, just .

So why did he feel like he betrayed Sehun?

“He’s a good kid” Luhan thought to himself. “I like him. I think I really like him”

-Luhan, where were you? – Xiumin’s voice made Luhan jolt.

-Oh hey… - The blonde started, unsure. – I slept in the forest yesterday.

-I was so worried about you! – The man quickly embraced him, petting his hair. He then sniffed his neckline and twitched his nose. – You smell like wolf… but not anyone from our pack.

-I slept very far, I guess…

-Luhan, I’ve been meaning to ask you this. – Xiumin said, biting lightly on his bottom lip. – You are gone for hours every night and you and Lay keep bringing in food that I have no idea where you find so… I have a hint, but I need you to confirm it… Are you hanging out with the Brown Wolves?

-No, I mean… It’s not like that, we aren’t exactly hanging out…

-Then what is it?

Luhan sighed.

-I can trust you, right Xiumin? – Luhan asked and the man nodded. – We made a deal with the Brown Wolves. They are giving us food and water as a payment for a medicine Lay gave them.

-A-ha, I knew it, I knew there was something wrong with you and Lay finding so much stuff! – Xiumin exclaimed and then crossed his arms. – If Kris ever know about this…

-You won’t tell him… will you, Xiumin?

-Of course not, I love having water to drink and food to eat. Your secret is safe with me.

Luhan thanked him and he only smiled. He tried to hug Luhan, but the man flinched.

-Sorry Xiumin, but I don’t think we should do this anymore…

-Why? – Xiumin frowned. Luhan never denied his love before.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter