The gathering

Canis Lupus
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Ok, have any of you had the pleasure of watching a puppy trying to walk for the first time? It’s the most adorable thing in the world and, though we couldn’t find wolves doing it, here a dog for example http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PwBm6mDKT-8

The thing about wolves is that they don’t leave the den on the beginning, so it’s really hard for anyone to watch their first steps...

Now these are Wolf cubs, I believe, and gosh, they whine a lot >.< http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NusJ_Nh2Pyo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tpo1gNNUnjc

But we do have this video of a cub learning to howl and Just... aw come on, it’s so adorable ;u; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZG9OqeywssI

Ok, enough of baby wolves, I’m rolling on feels here! Here’s the chapter xD

_____________________________________________

 

After a brief party and a common trade of vows, Sehun and Luhan were considered by the pack as officially matted and, by the wolves' laws, they were to be faithful and to protect each other and the pups they could have. Now they had the leader’s full blessing to raise Jonghun together and also have more puppies, if they wished.

Their pup, for his turn, was almost two months old now and he was moving and whining a lot more than he already did before. Because of that, Luhan couldn’t sleep well at night, but he was able to take a nap in the mornings, while Sehun was off to hunt and Jonghun was too tired to whine.

That day the man woke up near lunchtime, feeling still a little sleepy, but well rested. He stretched his arms, smiling, and turned to his pup.

Then he gasped, his heart starting to run faster. He immediately stood up and ran to the door of the den.

-Sehun, Kai, come here, quick! – Luhan shouted to the men near the fire and then came back running.

-What’s wrong?

-What happened?

The wolves panted, stomping inside at the same time, and Luhan pointed to the little nest at the back of the cave.

And the men also gasped.

Jonghun had his stuck up, and then he tried to firm his front paws as well and pull against the floor. The puppy stood a little wobbly, but it was enough for the men around to be rapt.

-Jonghun, puppy, come here. – Sehun called, extending his arms to the cub, who looked up and whined softly at his father.

He put one little paw up, then crossed it in front of the other, what made him lose his balance and fall to the covers again. They couldn’t help chuckling. It was too cute of a scene for them not to react.

-He gave two full steps when I was waking up, but he fell when I was calling you. – Luhan told the men.

-It’s ok, little guy. – Kai called. – Come on, get up, you can do it.

Jonghun kept looking to the men, whining softly. He wanted to go to them, but his legs weren’t strong enough to support his weight yet. He started moving his paws, forcing his little body up and he was able to move. It couldn’t be considered walking though, it was like a puppy’s crawling, and his back paws kept slipping under him.

The three men cheered him up and called for him. The pup started to crawl faster, until he was able to give a couple of full steps into Luhan’s lap, and the man grabbed him, kissing him and congratulating him for the good job he did.

-I feel rejected. – Sehun told Kai as Jonghun snuggled against Luhan’s stomach.

-Tell me about it. - Kai snorted.

Luhan laughed and put Jonghun back on the floor, giving his a soft tap, so the puppy whined and made his way to Sehun now. And then, when he finally settled against the man’s legs, Sehun made him walk to Kai. When Kai sent him on his way back to Luhan, Jonghun was too tired already, and he decided to just drop to the floor, yawn and sleep.

-The poor thing. – Sehun chuckled, picking him up and taking him back to the nest. – Let’s give him some time to rest.

-He has been trying to walk every day for a couple of weeks now, but he never went that far. - Luhan told Kai.

The brunette nodded, watching the pup resonate softly in his bundle of covers. He was really thankful Sehun and Luhan were allowing him to be part of his cub’s life somehow, to feed him sometimes and now to watch him give his first full steps.

He was about to tell the men how grateful he was when they heard Suho calling for them on the entrance of the den.

-Sehun? Kai? Is everything alright?

-Everything is fine. – Sehun said, calling the man inside. - Luhan called because of Jonghun.

The leader nodded and walked in, glancing to the sleeping pup on the back of the cave.

-How’s the little fur ball? – He asked, smiley. – I don’t think I ever saw him in his human form.

-He loves his wolf form, that’s for sure.  - Sehun chuckled.

-He is starting to walk now. – Luhan told the leader, seeming pretty proud of the pup’s deed.

Suho smiled again.

-He reminds me of Kai. He was almost two years old when I finally got to see his human self.

The three of them gulped. Jonghun’s similarities to Kai were showing more and more and that wasn’t the first time someone told them the pup resembled Kai in some way.

Chanyeol said the child slept a lot like Kai and one of the western wolves, Taemin, pointed how much Jonghun’s little snout resembled Kai’s in his wolf form. With that much similarities, it was going to be hard to hide the truth from the pack for much longer.

Suho approached and caressed Jonghun’s fur with light fingers. The puppy quivered slightly and then rolled to his back so the man would scratch his belly. Suho chuckled as Jonghun let out a satisfied sigh.

-He is a beautiful thing. – He said truthfully.

-Yes, it’s a shame such a beautiful thing was born in such dark times. – A lower voice said and they bowed their heads respectfully to the leader of the white wolves.

-Oh yes, I forgot. – Suho tapped on his own forehead as Kris approached. – I actually came to summon you all. We are gathering the packs to discuss the matter of the dark fog.

Kris nodded.

-We need everyone so we can make a decision, the sooner the better. - He said, and at that moment Jonghun sneezed, calling his attention. – Well, I guess one of you should stay and care for the pup.

Sehun nodded.

-Luhan will stay, Kai and I are going.

He said and Kris called them out. Suho still gave Jonghun a kiss before he followed the others outside, leaving Luhan alone with the cub once more.

The man sighed softly and sat on the bed, watching Jonghun sleep. After some minutes the little wolf changed into human form only to cry his hunger and, when Luhan fed him, he changed back into a pup and turned into a ball among the cozy covers.

Luhan smiled at him. It was more comfortable to lay and sleep in wolf form, and his baby knew it as well. Luhan became a white wolf and lay around the cub, surrounding most of its little body with his own, falling quickly asleep as well.

Meanwhile, outside of the den and near the forest, the three packs were gathering to decide what they should do about their current situation. Jonghyun and Minho were feeling well now and they joined the gathering, but Lay stayed at Suho’s de

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter