Be My Sakura Girl!

My Sakura Girl

It was spring. The Sakura trees were fully blooming. The scent of the sakura lingers in every corner of Tokyo. You were standing there, In the middle of thousands of Sakura trees, Looking at your love, walking away from you. The love of your life, Tegoshi Yuya, Just broke up with you and left without any words. You couldn't move, Your whole body was shaking, Is this really happening? This must be a joke.. A weird, sick and totally NOT funny joke. You thought to yourself. Your phone rang. You slowly took it. Masuda.. It's Masuda. Your best friend. You always was happy to see or hear him, But this time, It just was different. Beside that, He was also best  friends with Tegoshi. How could you talk to him now? In this state? The more you thought about it the more you lost your power. You slowly walked toward the blue bench, standing on the side and sat down. Will you ever get over this?

Tegoshi's phone rang. "Ah, Moshimoshi.. Ah! Masuda-san! Genki?" Tegoshi said cheerful. "Ah. Tego-nyan. I just called Hikari-chan But she didn't picked up! It's totally not like her, Do you know where she is?" Masuda sounded a bit worried. "Ah.. i might know.. actually.. Masu.. I just broke up with her.. In the Sakura park." He explained. "What? .. Why?" Masuda asked a bit dumbfounded. "I don't know.. I just didn't felt the same way like i used to.. you know.. the butterflies in the belly feeling? Beside that.. there is a girl i really like right now, and she's showing interests in me too! " Tegoshi explained. "Ah, Ok. I see.. Well i'm sure she will be okay! Don't worry, I'll be checking up on her!" Masu said quick. "Yah! I'm not the one worried, You're the on---" "Ja ne!" beep beep beep. "Ah.. this boy always seem to shake it off." Tegoshi sighed as he continued his way. 

Masuda ran to the sakura park. He started looking for you. "Hikari-chan!!! Doko ni iru yo?.. Hika!!!!" he yelled, searching the whole park. In the end he saw you sitting on the bench. You looked forward, There was no twinkle in your eye. You just sat there. Masuda ran towards you. "Ah! Hika! Here you are! I was worried you might've done something bad." Masuda said a bit relieved. ".. it's over..." You said soft. "What?" Masuda asked. "it.. it is over.. with Tego.. it is.." You said again, You just couldn't believe it. Your whole world just turned grey. The soundly birds were quiet, the pink sakura wasn't as fragrant and pink as it used to be to you. ".. Masu.. How can i live on?" You asked him. He looked a bit worried, "Don't get too much in this negative flow.. " he tried, But it was no use. "I'm your best friend! I can cheer you up!" He said a bit more cheerful. "Neh! Neh! Let's go get some sukiyaki! let's get a HikaMasu evening, like we always used to!" He tried. "i don't know.." you said softly. "You don't have a choice!" He said happy. And so the two of you bought a lot of icecream and went home to get an oldschool HikaMasu evening, That means, Masu, You and lots of ice cream and Drama's. 

You woke up. The icecream really did it's work, Your depression was gone, However, it has been replaced with an extreme stomachache! "Ah! it hurts like pregnancy!!" You said a little bit too loud. "I told you before! You don't know the pain of pregnancy so how can you know it hurts that much!" Masuda said, Not moving. "It hurts worse than my period, The only thing worse can be pregnancy.." You said back. Masuda got up. "Hey, at least you seem more cheerfuuuuu------- Damn that hurts!!!" He said while holding his belly. "Now i remember why we cut off the ice cream last time." You said. "Last time seemed like a whole century ago!" Masuda reacted as he laughed. "It's been a year right? ... " You said. "what?" he asked. "The last time we had a real HikaMasu evening was right before i got something with Tego.." You said a bit sad again. "... Neh.. You know i love you right?.. i've always loved you.." Masuda tried. "And i've always loved you back.. That's why we're best friends!" You said a bit more happy. Masuda remained quiet. He didn't dare to correct himself and say he really DID love you like.. A lot.. as in more than friends. He sighed. "What's wrong?" You asked, looking at him. "Ah. Nande monai nande monai! kinishinai!" He laughed it off. You smiled back. Masuda always seemed to be able to cheer you up.

A week long the two of you hang out together, You eventually started to forget about Tegoshi. You had lots of fun and you went to do different things together with Masuda, Ofcourse as usual a lot of people mistook you two as a couple, But you stopped caring about that long ago. That was also the main reason why you couldn't get a boyfriend in high school. As the two of you were walking through the city you walked towards your favorite Russ-K shop. The streets were filled with pink Sakura leaves. You enjoyed the weather untill... Right before the entrance you saw Tegoshi coming out of the shop. Together with another girl. Your world froze for a moment. Masuda noticed it too. He looked at you. You quickly regained senses and was about to walk towards Tegoshi when suddenly Masuda grabbed your arm. "Don't go.." He said. "What?" You asked him. "Just don't go, Hika... You don't wanna hear or see this." You looked a bit confused at Masuda. "What's wrong?" you tried again. "I'm hungry!" He suddenly said. "Let's go get some food!" He smiled and was about to pull you along to the closest Ramen shop. You fought back and tried to make him stop walking. "Yah! Takahisa-kun!" Normally you wouldn't use that name, You usually only called him Takahisa-kun, either to make a joke or to let him know you're serious. "Yah! Masu!" You tried again. Your patients slowly disappeared. "YAH! TAKAHISA-KUN! Can you care about MORE than only food?" You yelled at him. He stopped. "Tell me, what's going on." You asked a little bit more soft now. "Do i care about more than only food? Ofcourse i do! ... Haven't you seen it? Didn't you get it? I didn't pull you away from them because i wanted to actually eat you know.. I pulled you away because i CARE about you... i LOVE you Hika! I Love you!" He said loud. You actually startled a bit. "Y-you what?" You asked. "... I love you more than ever. I've been watching you for so many years, How long have i know you? Ever since the start i loved you. But you didnt saw it. The moment you fell for Tego.. i made sure the two of you came together even if it meant me being hurt! Don't you get it?!" He said a bit upset. You remained quiet. All this time, he has loved you and you never really noticed. "Listen.. he broke up with you because he started to feel more for another girl than for you, Get it?" He said. "I cannot handle seeing you in pain again." He said. You slowly hugged him. "Before i started liking Tegoshi, i loved you, so much.. so intense. But i never wanted to ruin our friendship." You said softly. He looked at you. "... Say, Hika.. Would you date me?" Masuda asked. "What do you mean?" You asked again. "Let's go on a few dates.. Let me win your heart.. Let me try, You won't regret it!"  You looked at him. "The hurtfull breakup with Tego is still fresh.. But i will give you that chance.. Just not.. today.." You said soft, "I'm sorry.." You said as you slowly walked away. Masuda only looked at you as you walked away. 

- One year later - 
A year passed by and you haven't seen Masuda anymore, Though you called once in a while, you kinda lost track of each other. It always felt like the loving feelings broke your friendship. You walked through the sakura blossom park, Looking around. You've had a hard year but eventually managed to get through. The Spring was always your season. You just loved the view of the pink streets around you. You sat down on a bench and slowly closed your eyes. "Hikari? Is that you? Is that really you?" You heard a voice say. You looked up and found Masuda. He looked somehow delightful. "How have you been doing! Long time no see!" He said as he sat down next to you. "Masuda.. You've changed a lot.. did you lost weight?" You smiled. "Actually i did.. I haven't eaten healthy lately, because of my work." he said, "You don't know how i've missed you, So much things happened!"  ".. Shall we go out for dinner? I will pay." You said, as you looked at him. "A-are you sure? i mean... When i confessed.." He stopped. "At that time it was all too much for me. Sorry for leaving you like that." You apologized. "Then.. Let's go!" He laughed as the two of you went to a restaurant. Even though you haven't seen each other for about a year, It didn't even felt like a week. Everything was as back at that time. You laughed a lot, once again. The two of you ate together and exchanged stories of the past year. At the end, Masuda couldn't leave without trying one more time, "Hika-chan... I know it might be a bit sudden, But over this year, all i could think about was you.. i never forgot you.. So one more time, my question... The question you couldn't answer back at that time.. Would you like to go date with me?" He tried, Looking quite serieus. You looked at him, "I've had a whole year to think about this.. My answer is.. Yes. I will give you the chance.. I'm ready for it." He jumped from happiness. "You won't regret this." He said as he ran away. 

 

The week after the two of you went to do a lot of fun things, Everyday 1 date, and that 7 days long. Movie dates, Eating out, going to the zoo, to the funfairs. It was a great week for you both. At the end of the week on the 7th day, the two of you went on a picnick in the Sakurapark. "Say... What did you thought of this week?" Masu asked you. "It was amazing! i know what i've missed all these months.. it was you!" You said as happy as ever. "Then.. i'll pop the question! Will you be my.. Sakura girl?" He asked. You smiled, As you knew what he meant. "Ofcourse, I'll be your Sakura girl." And so the romance between the two of you, started to bloom like the Sakura trees.