Entry #1

Haunted
Please log in to read the full chapter


He wasn‘t scared. Running around dark creepy corridors in some castle with ugly monsters wasn’t his thing – just too unrealistic. Seungho saved the game anyway and turned off his computer. He tried to think of a more productive way to spend his time but it was way past midnight already. He switched off the light and walked to the window knowing he wouldn’t be able to fall asleep. Actually he was scared just a little bit but not of the darkness surrounding him. He was scared of people – dozens of unfamiliar faces which he would meet in the next 24 hours. Seungho picked up his suitcase hoping everything would somehow work out.

 

-Are you sure about this? – His mother watched how he dragged the luggage downstairs.

 

She had already found out about the ‘misunderstanding’.

 

-Yeah, everything will be fine – Seungho smiled reassuringly though he wasn’t feeling good at all.

 

His blood was boiling.

 

 

____________



Student exchange program

 

 

Stage 1

Duration: 1 year

Goal: Find a pen pal from the designated school who would help you integrate during the exchange.

(Possibility of changing pen pals once every three months)

 

Stage 2

Duration: 1 school year

Goal: Successfully adapt to the new environment.

Assignment: Experience journal (at least 1 entry per week)

 

Stage 3

Duration: 3 months

Goal: Prepare a presentation on the results of the project.

 

________

 

 

He folded the memo and slid it into his pocket waving to his mother as he pushed his only suitcase to the back seat of the taxi which was supposed to take him to the station. Seungho sighed wondering what kind of other troubles were waiting for him. It was all Ga Eul’s fault. If it wasn’t for her Seungho would be sitting on a plane to Seattle. “Man it’s okay. I’m flying to Korea next year” Jay texted him but Seungho couldn’t agree. Jay was the perfect pen pal and his next best friend after Soyeon. He wanted to meet him so much but Ga Eul decided that going to the U.S. was way better than some crappy village school that she won in a draw. Using her father’s influence she easily persuaded the director and broke the rules. Seungho was notified a week before the exchange and didn’t get the chance to contact his new pen pal. Truthfully, knowing Ga Eul’s character, he doubted there was a pen pal to begin with. Seungho was left on his own.

 

 

Please log in to read the full chapter