Falling in Love With the Writer

Falling in Love With the Writer

                As SungJong was walking through the park he saw a guy sitting on a bench writing stuff down. It didn’t seem like it was anything important he wasn’t looking at his phone or anything else. It just seemed like he was writing what he felt.  After a while SungJong decided that he wanted to sit down, he looked towards what bench was free but he saw none. He walked around for a bit until he saw that the only bench that was slightly available was the one with the guy he saw before. He was still writing and when SungJong  sat down at the other end of the bench he didn’t look up or anything, he just kept on writing in his notebook.  SungJong scooted closer intrigued, wanting to know what he was writing. When he was right next to the guy, that’s when he looked up.

“Can I help you?”

“No, I was just wondering what you were writing. You’ve been sitting here writing for over an hour and I was just wondering.”

“You’ve been looking at me?”

“Well, not exactly. I passed by earlier and I saw you and now it’s been over an hour and your still here writing.”

“Oh. I see. I didn’t know people actually saw me.”

“Why wouldn’t they?”

“Well I guess people around here have gotten used to me being here every day so they just don’t even notice me anymore.”

“Hmm. Do you mind telling me what you’re writing? It doesn’t seem to be work.”

“No it’s not. I’m a- well I want to be a writer. I was writing a story.  I come here to write. I like hearing the sounds of people and all the birds in the trees it kind of clears my mind… being out in the open. “

“That’s cool. What’s your story about?”

“Well it’s not finished yet, and I myself don’t know how it’s going to end. I just read a little of what I wrote the day before and then just continue on from then. Sometimes it doesn’t really make sense, but that’s okay. This is only a rough draft. Oh, and it’s just about how a guy is struggling to find himself after finding out that everything he’s ever done was decided for him before hand and now that he’s alone he doesn’t know what to do; and he tries to find his place wherever that may be.”

“That sounds interesting. I don’t really like books, but that really sounds interesting and like I’d want to read it.”

“Really? Everyone else says it’s stupid and that I should give up on it. Just like I should give up on my dreams of being a writer and just stick with a normal job like everybody else.”

“Personally I think that you shouldn’t care of what others think and just do what you love. And, if writing is what you love then write. “

“You’re really nice.”

“Thanks, but I’m not that nice once  you get to know me that well. Oh, I’m SungJong by the way. Here I am talking to you and I haven’t even introduced myself.”

“That’s alright. I’m Dongwoo.”

“So Dongwoo, do you want to get some coffee?”

“Coffee? You do realize that it’s burning hot right now.”

“We can get iced coffee instead.”

“That sounds better.”

                They walked to a nearby café and got to know each other more. They talked about their likes and some of their dislikes.  After being in the café for almost an hour they decided to split and go to their respective homes.  They didn’t exchange numbers or make promises of meeting again. It was a onetime thing. They got along and they just let the other go like nothing happened. 

                The next couple of weeks Sungjong didn’t go back to the park. He knew where Dongwoo would be and at around what time but he just chose not to go. He liked Dongwoo’s personality and how different he was. He loved how the boy didn’t care if people thought he was strange from his clothes or the way he would sometimes mumble to himself, but Sungjong just found it charming. Sure he wanted to meet Dongwoo but he didn’t know if Dongwoo would like to talk with him again.  After another two weeks Sunjong finally decided to go back to the park. When he first arrived Dongwoo wasn’t there so he decided to walk around for a while before going back to the bench to see if Dongwoo had arrived. It was nearly lunch time when Sungjong went back to the bench. This time Dongwoo was sitting there writing in his notebook, just like the first time they met. Sungjong walked up to him and sat down next to him. He didn’t greet him or anything; he just let Dongwoo continue writing. He found that the park was offaly lonesome that day and all that was really heard we the rustling of the trees and some small birds chirping off in a random direction. But then Sungjong paid close attention and he could hear it, the sound of Dongwoo’s pencils scraping against the paper, leaving behind markings that turned into words which then formed the part of Dongwoo’s story that he was working on.

                When Dongwoo finally noticed him, he was slightly startled since he hadn’t seen Sungjong sit beside him since he was so focused on his writing. After his small shock he smiled at SungJong . His smile was big and toothy. It was beautiful and it nearly took the wind out of Sunjong’s lungs.

“It’s been a while.”

“I’ve been kind of busy.”

“That’s okay. It’s not like we agreed to meet on any specific day or anything.”

“mmm…”

“How long were you sitting here?”

“Just a little while. But enough time to appreciate the sounds of the wind, the birds, and the sound of your pencil scratching against the paper.”

“You make it seem like it’s some magical thing.”

“In the moment it was. “

“I see. Do you want to go and get something to drink? My treat this time.”

“Sure.”

                Again they walked to the same café as the previous time. Only this time they already knew each other and were just catching up with what had happened to them in the weeks they hadn’t seen each other.  Their conversations stopped for a while when their drinks came to their table. They sat there across from each other sipping from their drinks not really doing anything aside from just gazing at each other.

“You’re hair grew since last time. I like it like this more. It suits you more than short hair.”

“You think so? I was thinking of dying it too. What do you think?”

“I like the color it is now. It’s dark but not too dark. It’s a nice contrast from your skin.”

“I guess I’ll keep it like this then.”

“You don’t have to. You can do what you want; it is your hair remember?”

“But what if I like on me, others don’t.”

“Remember what you told me? You told me to not care about other people. So you shouldn’t care what others think either. Do your hair the way you want. I bet it’ll look great no matter what.”

“You’re right.”

“What color were you going to dye it?”

“Platinum blonde. I’ve had that color before and it looked good so I thought I’d give it a go again.”

“That sounds like a great idea.”

“mm…  do you want to do something else? Like go watch a movie or something?”

“It depends. Is it a date?”

“Do you want it to be a date?”

“A little.”

“Then will you, Dongwoo, go on a date with me to the movies.”

“I’d love to.”

                They left the café after Dongwoo paid for their drinks and headed of to the cinema. SungJong had actually seen the majority of the movies that were out so he let Dongwoo pick the movie.  Not realizing it Dongwoo chose a scary movie. When the movie started it was fine but then towards the middle of the movie is when Dongwoo began to hide behind his hands and jump at little things that happened in the movie. By the end of the movie he clung to Sungjong’s arm with their hands linked together.  Sungjong was unfazed by the movie and tried to get Dongwoo to calm down a little bit before they left the cinema. After everyone else had left the cinema room it was just the two of them with Dongwoo still clinging onto SungJong.  Sungjong stood up and Dongwoo up from his seat and still with their hands linked together they left the room. When they were at the door to leave the room Dongwoo tried pulling his hand away but Sungjong wouldn’t let go.

“It’s okay, I’m not scared anymore.”

“But, I like holding your hand. It’s warm and soft.”

                Dongwoo blushed and just kept on holding Sungjong’s hand. When they were back into the area where the games were in the concetions area Sungjong pulled Dongwoo into a small photo booth.  Sungjong entered some money and the screen and they got to pick all the backgrounds for the pictures. When they were posing they mainly did funny poses but on the last one Sungjong decided to take a risk and kissed Dongwoo on the cheek. When the camera went off it captured Dongwoo’s surprised expression. When they were out of the booth they went to get the pictures and Sungjong got the strips of pictures and gave one strip to Dongwoo and kept one for himself.  Dongwoo looked at the strip of pictures and when he got to the final picture he smiled for no reason. He face was surprised but when he looked at Sungjongs he saw that he was nervous even if he was the one that had kissed Dongwoo.  Sungjong had been looking at Dongwoo the whole time and saw what his reaction was. When he saw him smile he too smiled.  When Dongwoo looked up he put the pictures into his wallet and then he extended out his hand. At first Sungjong was kind of confused but then realized that Dongwoo was asking for his hand. He gave his hand to Dongwoo and he then interlaced their fingers together.

                They walked around the streets for bit before decided that they were going to go home. The difference was that his time they did get each other’s number and promised to meet again. When Sungjong was about to walk away Dongwoo caught his hand in his and turned Sungjong around offering to walk him home. Sungjong simply nodded at the offer. Instead of just walking side by side they had their hands linked between them.  When they arrived at Sungjong’s apartment they stood in front of the door just simply glancing at each other. The door opened out of nowhere and in the doorway stood Sungjong’s older brother, Sunggyu.

“Sungjong? Did you forget your key? Why are you just st- who’s this?”

“Hyung, this is Dongwoo.”

“It’s nice to meet you too, …”

“Sunggyu. Kim Sunggyu.”

“It’s nice to meet you Sunggyu.”

“Sungjong, are you just gonna have him waiting there? Invite him in. don’t be rude. God why are you so impolite to people. I swear, if we still lived with our parents they would beat you for having him wait. “

“Well we don’t live with mom and dad, do we?”

“Stop being a child and just take him inside.

                They walked inside as Sunggyu left to go to the grocery store to buy some things.  Originally Dongwoo was just going to drop off Sungjong but after what happened with Sunggyu he went inside.  They went into Sungjong’s room just to hang out for a bit before Dongwoo decided to finally leave.

“Dongwoo?”

“Hmm?”

“Thank you. For coming with me to the movies.”

“Why wouldn’t I. I mean I got asked out on a date by someone as cute as you so why would I reject that.”

“I’m really not that cute.”

“Yea you are. Like when you drank a little too much of your drink and your face scrunches up slightly and when you were so focused on the movie and when you let me hold your hand while I was scared. You’re absolutely beautiful when doing everything. “

“Do you really think I’m beautiful?”

“Of course I do. I wouldn’t of said it if it wasn’t true.”

                Unknown to both of them, Sunggyu had gotten home already and was in the doorway listening to their conversation. After what Dongwoo said he left without saying anything. He let them have their moment.  When both boys walked out of the room their hands were linked together and they both had smiles on their faces. Sunggyu didn’t know what happened after he left but he saw that Sungjong was happy with what happened so it was.

“Hyung, can Dongwoo come over for dinner tomorrow?”

“Sure.  Woohyun was gonna come over and cook anyways. He keeps saying that we’re gonna die if we keep eating take out.”

“Woohyun? Do you by any chance mean Nam Woohyun?”

“Yeah, do you know him?”

“He lives next door to me.”

“Dongwoo, you live so far away. Why’d you offer to walk me home? Now you have to go all the way back there by yourself.”

“It’s fine really. Walking to the park and home is the only real exercise I get since I’m always writing .”

“But, it’s getting dark. I don’t want you walking alone in the dark.”

“I’ll be fine. I promise. “

“Can’t you just stay the night?”

“I don’t think that’s up to me.”

“What do you mean?”

“Wouldn’t we have to ask Sunggyu Hyung for permission?”

“Hyung, can Dongwoo stay? Please. I don’t want him walking home alone. And it’s getting dark so it’s dangerous.”

“Jong, it’s fine he can stay. You’ll just have to find some clothes for him to sleep in.”

“Can he borrow some of yours? I’m pretty sure none of my things fit him. Most of my things don’t even fit girls.”
“Okay I get it, you’re practically anorexic, and you don’t need to rub it in.”

“Yay, okay we’ll go look through your clothes to see what he wants to wear.”

                Dongwoo was then pulled along by Sungjong into Sunggyu’s room. Sungjong stepped over towards the closet and began looking for pajamas for Dongwoo to wear.  He found a pair of plaid pajama pants handed them to Dongwoo and then went back to looking for a shirt for him to wear. When he finally found a shirt he tossed it over to Dongwoo and then began putting all the clothes he had shoved onto the floor back into the closet. When he was done he took a hold of Dongwoo again and led him back to his room. They stayed in there just playing on Sungjongs computer and talking about anything and everything.

                Sunggyu walked past Sungjongs room and heard both of the boys giggling at something. He opened the door to see Sungjong hitting Dongwoo with a pillow and saw Dongwoo trying to cover himself with another pillow. Sunggyu stayed there watching them for a while until they settled down. When they were tired Sungjong just let himself drop on top of Dongwoo and wrapped his arms around him then nuzzled his face into the crook of Dongwoo’s neck. He saw Dongwoo wrap his arms around Sungjong and just ran his fingers through his hair. Sunggyu closed the door as silently as he could and then walked to his room to rest for the night.

“Dongwoo?”

“Hmm.”

“Thank you, for staying. I would have been so worried about you.”

“Sungjong?”

“Hmm.”

“Do you worry about everybody like this?”

“No. just you, Sunggyu-hyung, and Woohyun hyung.”

“Why me.”

“It’s nothing.”

“But, I want to know.”

“No. it’s fine if you don’t know.”

“But I want to know.”

“Well, I don’t want to tell you.”

 

“Sungjong?”

“Hmm.”

“Thank you, for caring about me. I don’t know why you do, but thank you.”

“I’ll tell you some other time why I care about you.”

“How long do I have to wait?”

“Till I figure it out completely.”

“How long does that usually take?”

“I don’t know. It’s different with different people.”

“Okay.”

 

 

 

It’s been three months since that night and Sungjong still hasn’t told me why he made me stay that night. I’ve tried to figure it out but I really have no idea. Since then we always hang out. Sometimes he comes over to my apartment and just lies on my bed while I work on my book. Sometimes he’ll bother me to stop writing and play with him. Slowly my book has changed. I’ve added a lot more than I had planned.  I’ve also noticed that I’ve been adding some of mine and Sungjongs moments in the book. Without really realizing I’ve been writing my story. And when Sungjong stepped into my life, that’s when the book begins to make sense and makes you interested. I haven’t told anything to Sungjong regarding the matter. I don’t think he’d mind me putting out simple friendly dates into my book. If he does I’ll give him half of my earnings since he inspired the major part of the book. What I can’t seem to figure out is how I’m going to end the book. I want it to be happy but then I want to just end it. I want to continue it on into a series.

Sungjong texted me asking me to meet him up at the park.  Like always he never tells me what we’re going to do. He just texts me the place and time. He told me to meet him at our bench.  When I got to the park I looked for Sungjong anywhere so I just sat down at the bench and waited for him. I didn’t wait long he came right after I did. He was holding his hands behind his back which was weird for him to do since he was so expressive all the time. In stead of hugging me like usually he just waved at me. He sat down next to me and looked down at the small space between us. He lifted up his legs onto the bench rested his chin on them.

“Sungjong, is something wrong?”

“Do you remember that night that you spent the night at my house? The first time.”

“Yea.”

“Do you remember how we were talking about why I cared about you, Sunggyu, and Woohyun. And then you asked me why I cared about you. Then I told you that I’d tell you when I figured it out. Well, I figured it out. Well I’ve known for a bit but I was just too afraid to tell you.”

“What is it?”

“Well the reason that I care about you is that… I… I like you.”

“Well, I like you too.”

“Not like that. I like you in the like ‘love’ kind of like. I like you more than a friend.”

“Good.”

“Huh?”

“I like you, in the like ‘love’ kind of like, too.”

“Really?! You’re not messing with me are you?”

“No, I’m not.”

“Good.”

“Why?”

“Because then I would have wasted my money on this.”

SungJong brought his hands in front of him and handed me a small box. I opened it and in the inside were couple rings. There was only one since Sungjong lifted up his hand and he was wearing the other one. I picked up the other ring and put it on. It was simple and it looked like a regular ring so it wasn’t anything that stood out. Sungjong took of my ring and his ring and tilted them and showed me the inside and how it had wording on it. I looked closer and the word Forever was written on his and on my ring it read Mine and then a small heart after it. He handed me my ring back and put his on again.  He turned his body so he was leaning on me and his legs were on the ground again.

“You know I never thought I’d like a writer. I always thought I’d end up falling in love with an idol or something.”

“Sungjong?”

“Hmm.”

Since Dongwoo didn’t respond Sungjong looked up at Dongwoo and was met with Dongwoo’s lips on his.  He felt Dongwoo cup his face with his hand and move his head slightly so the kiss wouldn’t be so awkward. Sungjong also tilted his head so he’d be able to deepen the kiss. When they pulled away they looked at each other and just smiled.

“Dongwoo?”

“Hmm.”

“Will you write about us?”

“I already have.”

“What do you mean?”

“My book. I didn’t really realize it until recently that the book that I’m writing is my story. I’m the one that had to figure everything out by myself and was lost for a long time. Then when you come into the picture is when the book starts to make sense and everything begins to get better. I put our dates in without meaning to, the book is more of a diary and me trying to figure out my own life.”

“Can I read it?”

“Once it’s finished.”

“How long will that take?”

“I just need to add in the last chapter then I’m done. It won’t take long. I promise.”

“Okay”

 

 

       After a year Dongwoo’s book was published and became a hit. Everyone loved how real it felt as if the characters were real people and Dongwoo was just documenting their lives. He never told the media that that’s all he did. He wrote down his life and when it began to get bland Sungjong came in and brightened it up with different colors and shapes.  He made the book become as successful as it has.

      Dongwoo still goes on regular dates with Sungjong no matter how busy he gets with book signings and with writing the sequel to his first book.  Sungjong is still the same. Even if people on the street recognize him as Dongwoo’s boyfriend all they do is tell him how much they love Dongwoo’s book. Everything was amazing in their lives. Sungjong moved in with Dongwoo and they shared everyday with each other. Sunggyu almost lived at Dongwoo’s apartment as well since Dongwoo always had different things for him to play with so he was never bored at Dongwoo’s house.

“SungJong?”

“Hmm”

“Do you remember on the day that we confessed, how you said that you imagined yourself falling in love with an idol?”

“Yeah, what about it?”

“Am I a big enough star to become that idol in your eyes?”

“You’ve always been and idol in my eyes. You just have a different talent than normal idols and that makes you even better. Sure an idol can dedicate a song for me but you, you write down our life together. I personally think that’s so much better than a song.”

“But idols spend months working on those songs.”

“And you can spend the rest of our lives writing about our little everyday adventures.  I never liked reading but I’ll read your books any day, because I’ll know what happens and if I don’t like it I can come to you and be with you. Either way it’ll be amazing.”

“That means a lot coming from you. I love you Jongie.”

“I love you too Woo.”

                They stayed on the couch enjoying each other’s company. Sunggyu came into the living room from the kitchen having heard the whole conversation.

“Dongwoo, are you going to write about me in your books? I am Jonggies brother.”

“Yes, I will Gyu hyung. I’ll write about you and Woohyun and all of us being happy together. But you know I’ll still write what’s true to my heart.”

“Aww Dongwoo, you’re so sweet. I’m gonna go tell Woohyun about how you’re going to write about us.”

 

“Woo?”

“Yes Jonggie?”

“Are you really going to write about hyung and Woohyun?”

“Yea. They’ve been here the whole time and they’ve become a pretty big part of my life.”

                Sungjong just cuddled into Dongwoo’s chest wondering how he got to be so lucky to have fallen in love with someone as amazing as Dongwoo. They fell asleep on the couch and just stayed together not wanting to let the other go.               

  


So i just wrote this and didn't edit it but i hope you guys like it. 

comment if you did or tell me something that i could fix to improve my writing.