This thing needs a rewrite.

Gu Miho

HEYA

So you probably didn't notice, but I hid this story a couple weeks back and have been meaning to explain why and then boy stuff happened (don't ask) that made me forget, BUT

Yeah, this thing needs to be rewritten.

If any of you remember the old Gumiho story, you understand, or at least, I hope you do. For everyone else, here's a quick list of everything that is wrong with this fic/grating against my changed writing style:

 

1. The chapters are too short, resulting in over 40 chapters with little plot progression. This bugs me soooo much! I could easily combine chapters and make them a nice, readable length. When I go to work, we don't have wifi available, so when I take my kindle to read something online, I get one page and one page only of a website, so I love reading fics with super long chapters. I won't make them unbearably long, just enough to organize this mess.

2. I'm bored of one point of view tbh. There are plot points happening behind the scenes and it killed me having to write without showing it. For some reason when I started, I wanted to only have Miho's POV and any camera's POV.

3. The mood of this fic is almost always either cheesy-funny, frustrating, depressing, or weirdly innocent and lustful at the same time?? Lol what?

4. My writing style improved as far as grammar and making sentences sound smoother and whatnot.

5. All the plot tried to happen at once and that made the story have an awkward timeline hahahahahah.....haha...ha...

6. I want to make this dirtier?? Like, I want to even make it rated M possibly??? Maybe? Idk? The way it is now is still just too awkward for words! And cheesy! Suuuuuuuper cheesy! I want swear words! And ! And boners! Lots and lots of awkward boners! MWA HAHAH ahaha ahahha! Yeah, no, I think I was too shy when I first started writing and it made things weird. Let's uP wooooooOOOT!

((I apologize. My maturity level has fallen since I first started out here.))

7. I used too many real life events and performance videos and that just takes away from the story really. I had too much ambition for this fic and it ended up being too much to handle.

8. How many plot pieces was I trying to smoosh in there?? There was so much happening in the background and the main story was starting to lull. No good. Definitely not good.

 

You know what, I said the list would be quick, so I'm stopping here, but I have so many reasons why this fic bothers me the way it is now. The point is: even though I stated that I wanted to finish the story first, I'm going to go ahead and break my promise. There. I said it. Promise broken. I can't continue this fic the way it is; I keep cringing every time I even think of continuing it. This was my very first fic and I still really want to have the whole story down in words even if it is super awkward and cheesy and cringeworthy, but THIS IS TOO MUCH lol

I CAN FIX THIS. I BELIEVE IN MYSELF.

I have hidden all these old, awkward chapters. If that bothers you guys too much, I guess I can undo that, but I'm almost embarrassed of them because my first reaction to this fic is to go uuggggHHHHHH and hide under a blanket... Not to say that there aren't parts of it that I like and even think are stupidly adorable and heartwarming, but... no... just no...

It'll be hard trying to find time to fix this thing - I got a job and boy troubles (again, don't ask) since starting this - but I can try to make it pretty and maybe release the chapters out bit by bit as I go along?

For those of you who can't remember the story at all and want a refresher, here's a few things to jog your memory: mysterious tattoo on Miho's back counting down from 100, Miho can't remember his past except for hiding on someone else's property from a thunderstorm and being handed apples from a kind child who found him there, Miho has a dozen and one insecurities because he doesn't know who he used to be, complicated backstory involving Joon and his on-and-off again GF and some jealous guy who has access to the camera footage recording MBLAQ's activities, Thunder is uber innocent (lol), Mir and Miho fell in love way quick in the story gahhhh, G.O is trying to handle drama by himself and stress-cooks a gazillion snacks, Seungho... what is he even doing?? He should work harder to be in the story tbh.

Fun fact: this story came from a dream I had. Also, the band Miho was to live with was actually U-Kiss instead of MBLAQ and the band he was to be a fan of was B1A4 instead of EXO! I changed them because Smoky Girl happened and how could I not? I just had to.

Welp, this was longer than anticipated.

Thanks for reading, guys, even if I did disappoint you all and write a poop story and didn't even manage to finish it and pleh