Why Did You Think You Had A Chance?

When Will You Fall In Love With Me?

 A few pats were given, starting from your shoulder and down to your lower back. You stuffed your face into your pillow and groaned, immediately you went into the fetal position with your in the air; cuddling your blanket until you heard a male voice.

“Yah! Kokkili! Get up!”

“Not today.”

“Yes today. It’s the last day of school you idiot”

“Oh”

He didn’t bother to do anything light to get you out of bed, removing your sheets and pulling out his water bottle, he didn’t have any guilt as he twisted the cap open and spoke in a low tone “Get up or I’ll do it. Done it before and it won’t stop here.” You flickered your eyes open, quickly sitting up and putting your hands in the air. “I surrender; please don’t go after my family.” You joked; chuckling as you rubbed the back of your head. “God, you don’t understand how hard it is to wake your sorry up. I’ve been doing the same all year.” You glared up at the figure, pursing your lips. The male was pretty tall, though you never noticed how much he grew. Fare skin, chubby cheeks with cherry shaped lips. The same lips you’d always smear red lipstick on whenever he slept over. “You made it seem like a bad thing-Oh? Water? You’re so kind friend.” Reaching over with a cocky wink, you took a few gulps and headed into your bathroom. He let out a sigh before following behind you.

“Are you going to confess today?” He went ahead and grabbed the toothpaste, pulling the cap off and squirting the paste onto your tooth brush, you gave a nod as you started to do what you did ever morning. “I’m scared”

“Why?”

“Shutup you prick, you know why, I don’t usually go after guys like him.”

“Don’t worry, you're pretty, he’ll agree”

You turned and glared up at him, “I don't think I'm pretty for him”

“What I mean is—Min, brush the bottom of your top teeth Jesus—Anyway, I meant, you’re different than the other girls at school, he’ll like you.” Rolling your eyes, you turned back to the sink and spit the paste out, picking up an empty cup and filling it up. After you finished up, you pushed him out of the bathroom and closed the door. You didn’t bother of thinking to lock it because—Jungkook isn’t that type of guy anyway. Lazily sliding off your clothes, leaving them on the floor cause, ew, lazy Min Hee. You stepped into the shower and practiced how you’d confess to him. At many attempts, you thought you failed, failed being a person. “Damn it, why can’t I be like other girls at school, just confess to the little ‘cause he made my—“Realizing the fact you were socializing with yourself, you shook your head and left the shower after a few minutes. Wrapping a towel around yourself and slightly opening the door, sticking your hand out. “Thank you” You said, pulling your hand back in and shutting the door with your back laid against it. Pursing your lips, you fumbled with the collar of your school uniform. “You’re welcome, and hey, I’m going to get a snack, want breakfast?” Jungkook replied through the door. “Nahh.. Not hungry, if you go near the chocolate chip cookies I will punch you.”

“Aw, I love you too.”

You had a little grin, as you thought about, you’re best friend is Jungkook. You treated him as a girl, and you were totally okay with any conversation you both could think of. It’s amazing that your mum let him sleepover many times before. She knew that fact that he was a meaningful friend of yours. After a few, you grabbed your things and headed into the kitchen to only see him on a high stool and grubbing onto a self-made PB&J. He slid the plate with the other slice towards you. “I told you I’m not hungry.” He quickly swallowed the piece he was chewing on to speak. “Eat you loser.”

“Why?”
 

“Why do you like him?”

Complete silence flood the room as you dropped your bag, pulled out the high chair next to his and climbed on to it, landing your rear end to the cushioned seat. Jungkook smirked before taking another bite. You both silently finished your sandwiches and headed out.

“When do you plan onto asking him?”

“After scho-“You stopped as a plus member of the friendship ran in. He walked in the middle, resting his arms around yours and Jungkook’s shoulder. “So guys, looks like we have a 2 and half months of nothing to do and having no life, we all know it’s expensive to get one anyways.” He badly joked; Jimin ruffled your hair. “Ji, go away, no one likes you.”

“I like myself that counts as one.”

 

The clique finally reached school, headed into their classes and messed around with others. All you did was sink yourself into your seat and bobbed your head to the music blasting to your ears. Shutting your world for now, you felt a tug to your hair. You glared up to see some chick you found disgusting from the start. Not hearing a thing from what the other was complaining about this time, you pulled out a head-bud and spoke in a low lifeless tone. “What?” The other chick wasn’t a pretty sight; she caked herself with cheap makeup. What kind of a shade of red is that? “What makes you think that you’ll have a chance with oppa? He doesn’t like girls who can’t pick up their lives like you.”

Ugh, can I punch you and be over with this day or

“Excuse me?” You shot back, tapping your fingers to your desk, your lips. You really didn’t have a good temper. “You heard me, you’re some sick rat that came out of the streets of Seoul. Don’t think you’ll ever have a chance with him. Got it?”

“Look—““Min.” Jungkook placed a hand to your head, pushing it down to the desk, he knew how to control the anger of yours, dealing you all his life, he was the only one to calm you down. “Look, go mess with someone else, and don’t make me repeat myself.” After the girls walked off, you lifted your head and pushed your side bangs behind your ear. “Thanks again” He grinned, placing a few chocolate chip cookies onto your lap—“YAH I TOLD YOU TO STEP AWAY. THAT’S IT YOU LITTLE POOP.”

~

 

 The final bell rang, this time, you were really nervous; you tried to fix yourself as best as could. Quickly, you pulled out your phone, using it as a mirror. “You look fine, just go for it.” Jungkook said as he ran his chubby fingers through his charcoal colored hair. You nodded, handing him your bag and started to go where everyone hung out after school. Biting your bottom lips and fiddling with your fingers, you slowly dragged your feet towards him. “Ah.. Oppa?” He was tall; he had that milky white skin and was such a nice person. “Oh, Min Hee-ah.. What’s up?” His deep voice.. You couldn’t.. He was just perfection in your eyes. “Well, I mean, I know it’s been a while, but I was wondering if we co—“”Are you.. Confessing to me?” All you could do was awkwardly nod. “Hey, I don’t want to bring you down or anything, you’re just not my type. Yea we were science partners this year, but.. I really am sorry?”

“Oh.. No, it’s okay, well, thanks anyway.”

“Did she think she actually had a chance?”

“What a loser”

Embarrassment. You were completely embarrassed. Why did you ever think of having a relationship with a god like him? You ran off and you felt a few the inner corners of your eyes building up water. Crying? What? You don’t cry.

“Hey! Kokkili! Wait up!” You stopped; you needed someone’s shoulder to cry on. You needed Jungkook. “H-He turned you do-Are you crying?” He huffed up a few breaths; Jungkook pulled you into his arms. He didn’t know what to do; he never had a situation where you were just a heartbroken mess. “Min” He lightly spoke, he glanced down into your eyes, pushing a few strands of hair behind your ear, “Don’t look at me” You added.

“You need someone better than him, you need… Me. You always need me.” He leaned in, a bit hesitant at first, but he went for it. Pressing his lips against yours, all he did was give you a little peck until he placed his palm to your cheek and bringing you in for another kiss. This time, it was longer. You completely stood still, picking up the pieces that fell apart. What.

The second kiss only lasted about 7 seconds as you were the only person to actually count. Jungkook eyes met yours, “When will you fall for me Kokkili?” He breathed.

 

“I.. Don’t know.. I did, the day when you moved in the house across from mine.. I did.” You tugged onto his tie and kissed him, a meaningful one. Him being the first to ever kiss you, he was the one, he’s always loved you. Why did he stay with you all these years?

 

He loved you, and you loved him. 

 


 

 Oh god, I finally finished this story is one night. I was about to procrastinate cause I just got Animal Crossing: New Leaf for the 3DS and omfg, what a gREAT GAME. 

Anyway, sorry if it's rushed or just completely bad. I feel like I lost all my writing ablilites and left to stare at a blank word document.

OTL;;

But yup, I'll try my best the next time I upload a story on here and not to do everything in one night. It's 5am, I should sleep. 

 

COMMENT | SUBSCRIBE | UPVOTE

They're really appreciated <33