When He Catches You

When He Catches You

You sit with a few of your guy friends, having a couple beers after school when he comes around. When their eyes fall upon his, all of them dart, leaving me helpless, but not caring. Zico yanks you out of the building and shoves you into his car. Ignoring him, you hope he will drop you off anywhere, but at home.  Zico begins to ask you questions, but you ignore him and wait for the both of you to reach your destination. Zico growls and pulls into an unknown area. The car stops and he motions you to follow him. You slip out of the car, but walk in the other direction.

“If you don’t come over here, I’ll tell Kyung and your parents about you drinking. Don’t think I didn’t see the cigarettes either.” Zico calls out. You angrily turn towards him. The two of you make it into the building when his hand lightly grabs your arm. Yanking away, you walk towards a very noticeable kitchen.

“Yah, we need to talk.” He calls out.

“ you.” You say angrily. You aren’t always this rude or mean towards people, but after your boyfriend dumped you for your best friend and you failed a test, it put you in a sour mood. You almost make it to the kitchen when you hear Zicos feet behind you.

“What did you say?” He growled.

“I said you. You are more annoying than my brother. At least he has some talent.” You smirk. His hands grip your arms harshly. You stand in the same spot, waiting for his next action.

“Are you saying I have no talent?” He growled down at you. Looking around for a moment, you laugh lightly and shake your head yes. Although you really like Zico, you can’t fall for him due to how close he is with your brother. It would be wrong and there would be issues if you broke up. The only way to keep your feelings at bay with Zico is to be mean to him.

Zico began rolling his eyes and noticeably getting angry. His eyebrows rose slightly, his thick lips pressed into a straight line, and his hair in perfect place, but his eyes were full of hurt and anger.

“What are you going to do? Hit me? Do it.” You spit at him. His grip tightens and his breathing becomes heavier than before. His face is red, angry, and you are unsure how this night is going to end.

“You’re just begging me to do it. Why must you be so ignorant? When will you grow up? You always treat me like this when I try to help you.” Jiho growls at you. You scoff at the tall boy. The word ignorant sets you off.

“You shouldn’t be talking Zico. Why do you have to but in other people’s business? You are my brother’s friend, not mine, so off.” You shove him off.  You turn to walk away, but a large hand wraps around your wrist and pulls you back. The two of you stand staring at each other for a few moments, before a calm Zico begins to talk.

What’s your problem? Kyung said you have been like this for a few days and that I should try not to take your harsh words too personally. Did something happen at school?” His calm and smooth voice reaches out to you. “If it is so bad that you feel the need to smoke and drink, just tell me. I won’t tell anyone.” He speaks softly, moving you both to the couch. He sits next to you and waits for an answer. After minutes of silence, Zico sighs.

“You can stay here tonight since it is late. I’ll tell your brother where you are. If you want to talk, I’ll be in the other room.” He slowly walked away. You sat on couch for a good hour when you feel the courage to apologize and talk. You walk in the direction Zico went and found him typing something on the computer.

“He cheated on me with my best friend and then broke up with me.” You say quietly. “I failed a test and was told that I’m a failure and that I might as well leave school now.” Zico’s fingers stopped pressing against the keys on the keyboard.

“The guy who cheated on me told me I wasn’t y enough and I was stupid, so it was easy to go behind my back. My best friend said that I could always go for someone with lower standards and said no one, especially you, would ever like me. Everything is screwed up.” The tears began to seep up into your eyes. Zico turned around with an upset face. He began to talk, but you cut him off.

“And I am really sorry I have always been mean to you. I’m sorry I said you have no talent. I lied. It was the only way I could think to distance my feelings for you.” You avoid his gaze as he quickly walks over to you.

Zico lightly grabs your chin and pulls it towards him. “I’ll kill him. You- are not only y, but beautiful and around everyone you are so sweet. Trust me, I like you. A lot, there is no doubt in that. Aish, you don’t need to be sorry. I understand.” He pulls you to his chest. For the rest of the night, Zico holds you in his arms.