One Shot

After meeting you.

One Shot – 1/3

 

It wasn’t that being an artist was my dream. It just… happened.

I was in High School, senior year when after singing for my mother on her day; a mature man grinned showing me his introduction card.

“I’m from SM-E. I like your voice; can you consider casting for us?”

I chuckled lightly, I wanted to be a business man, not a singer, my mom giggled and I nodded slowly, maybe having some knowledge here would be nice.

 

I blinked, colored lights flashing and I closed my eyes trying to adjust my eyes.

“Oh, you came!” The man said chirping I bowed slowly “Nobody has been as good as you, hurry up and show us what you have.”

I nodded, breathing deep, closing my eyes, my hand trembling as my fingertips touched the microphone, I was nervous; more than when I sang in front of everyone in school mother’s day.

I remember my throat felt dry as the words left my mouth as whispers. It was Hyunbin’s song; “That Man.”

I closed my eyes, my mom told me to think I was that man, but sincerely, I couldn’t think of anything, I just sang.

I was feeling dejected after finishing singing, I have done better, but well, this wasn’t my fate if they reject me. So I bowed ready to leave when I heard claps and I widened my eyes watching a boy that wasn’t here before.

“I like him. He can be Sungmin’s partner.”

I must confess I wasn’t aware of the current idols and artist, so I didn’t get who Sungmin was.

The man who asked me to cast grinned to the boy with brown light hair.

“I thought so too, I’m glad you think the same as me!”

The boy walked to me patting my shoulder and smirked “I’m Lee Donghae, your name?”

This boy features were smooth, so much that he look delicate and I grinned, maybe I could be friends with—

“Hae! Why did you leave me behind! I almost get lost!”

The boy rolled his eyes turning to watch the other who arrived, his gestures softened and the boy who just came panted heavily.

He was… well, ugly? But when he set his eyes on me and grinned, he didn’t look that bad, even so, the first guy was really pretty.

“Hyuk, introduce yourself, he is our new member.”

The boy; called Hyukjae smiled at me and lend his hand for a shake that I doubtfully took.

“I’m Lee Hyukjae, everybody calls me Eunhyuk though.”

 

“Wake up!”

Kyuhyun grunted at the voice, his muffled words by burying his face on the pillow were inaudible to the person who was waking him up.

“Kyuhyun!! Wake up!!”

Kyuhyun frowned, messy hair and sleepy eyes as he yawned “I heard you the first time Sungmin-hyung.”

“I can’t believe you have a year here and still are so lazy.”

“Maybe because the one whose wake me up it’s you?”

Sungmin rolled his eyes to his roommate “As if! You’re just lazy; we have a fan-meeting this afternoon.”

Kyuhyun nodded, stepping out from the bed. His eyes set on the wide poster on the wall.

He was grinning holding Sungmin’s waist while Donghae, the leader of the group was kissing Hyukjae’s cheek.

Kyuhyun frowned for a moment. It was weird itself, but at some point, maybe because Hyukjae was kind, not as much as Sungmin or Donghae, even so kind, maybe because that, he…

“Eunhyuk and Donghae already left on Donghae’s car.”

Kyuhyun growled and nodded lazily.

Great! Donghae always take any chance to be near Hyukjae.

“Where’s the fan meeting?”

Kyuhyun asked and Sungmin sighed.

“Are you really on college? I told you already three times, in Gangnam!”

“Oh… sure, sorry.”

“Why you just learn what Hyukjae tells you, uh?”

Because I like him?

Kyuhyun shrugged and went to brush his teeth.

Someday… Hyukjae will notice his feelings and stop hanging around with Donghae; yeah… as if, it will be the day he and Sungmin would break being a couple for fan-service.

Kyuhyun grunted at his own thoughts and sighed.

Someday, surely…

 

 

  

 

One Shot – 2/3

“Oppa! Please take a selca with me!” Donghae grinned to the fan making a peace sign. Hyukjae was signing his pictures with a wide smile while Kyuhyun heard.

“Sungmin-oppa!! Please let me take a picture of you and Kyuhyun!”

Kyuhyun felt an arm around his shoulders and immediately smirked to the camera as natural as he could. Kyuhyun heard the fans chirps and he felt a kiss on his cheek which made him smile more, making the fans squeal.

Kyuhyun was really proud, he remembers the first time he met Sungmin, the smaller seemed cold, but was kind, it was the first to warm up to him and then Donghae. Hyukjae, well, he was just there, always with Donghae. So is better to say, Kyuhyun knows Hyukjae’s kindness because Donghae not because Hyukjae was kind enough to talk to him, no, to Hyukjae; Kyuhyun was just Donghae’s and Sungmin’s friend while to Kyuhyun, Hyukjae was Hyukjae, the person he yearns for and he masks his feelings.

“Kya~!!!!” Kyuhyun heard “Donghae oppa is kissing Eunhyuk-oppa!!!” and Kyuhyun turned his face to the side widening his eyes when he felt Sungmin hand on his and then he felt a kiss near his lips making squeal his fans, Kyuhyun was shocked, not because the kiss, that kind of fanservice was normal, but to see Donghae’s arm around Hyukjae’s waist and kissing the corner of his lips made his blood boil.

“We’re in a meeting.” Kyuhyun heard the hiss from Sungmin’s lips near his ear as he growled nodding and turning to the fans with a grin when suddenly he frown after hearing.

“Sungmin oppa!!! Kiss Eunhyuk oppa too!!”

Sungmin showed a wide smile walking to Hyukjae, taking him by the waist and planting a kiss full in Hyukjae’s lips which made the fans squeal since Hyukjae was the partner to Donghae and Sungmin before Kyuhyun entered in the group.

Hyukjae hit playfully Sungmin chest, and he kissed Sungmin’s cheek before walking to Donghae and kissing him in the cheek.

“You’re a cheater Hyuk!” Donghae pouted walking to Kyuhyun and kissing Kyuhyun’s cheek which grinned fully when he saw Hyukjae frown and how he took Donghae from him.

Yes, Hyukjae, pull him off me and…

No! Kyuhyun thought when he saw Hyukjae’s arm around Donghae “You’re the cheater Hae~!”

Kyuhyun ears were dull as the cheering faded slowly, it was always the same, Hyukjae after Sungmin or Donghae.

 

“Thank you for your hard work!” Hyukjae said to the staff after the fan-meeting.

Donghae walked by Hyukjae with a grin “Wanna come to with me to the dorms, we can pass and have dinner—”

Kyuhyun dragged suddenly Hyukjae before the latter could answer and Donghae chuckle walking to Sungmin with a wide grin.

“You were true, he likes Hyukjae.” Sungmin nodded with a slight smile.

It has been after Kyuhyun entered in the group that Hyukjae suddenly became a closed person when he heard by eavesdropping that Kyuhyun was going to be Sungmin’s skinship partner. Sungmin was there too and it wasn’t a surprise for him but when Hyukjae pouted saying ‘he is going to take my best friend away from me’ Sungmin thought Hyukjae was cute, nonetheless he did ended up paired with Kyuhyun, it was nice since he was basically the first who talked wth him apart from Donghae.

Hyukjae though didn’t greet Kyuhyun as before with a smile, but with a slight nod since he thought Kyuhyun hasn’t done merits. The thing Hyukjae wasn’t aware was…

“And Hyukjae likes Kyuhyun, is just he is dense.”

Donghae nodded kissing Sungmin’s cheek “By the way, you’re too close to Kyuhyun, it makes me also jealous.”

Sungmin scoffed “As if, you were enjoying your time with Hyukjae, if I didn’t know you see him as a brother, I will be also jealousy.”

 

“Yah! Let me go!!” Hyukjae yelled shrugging off his arm from Kyuhyun whom frowned; turning to the petite man.

“What do you not like about me, eh?”

Hyukjae stuttered watching to another side but Kyuhyun “I-I don’t know what are you talking about.”

“Why do you always are near Donghae or Sungmin but me, uh? I’m the only fool following you around?”

Kyuhyun yelled not minding the persons around since they were in a desolated street.

“I don’t get you Kyuhyun-ssi, so please, let me go. I need to go back and tell Hae that…”

“You don’t get me? For real?”

Kyuhyun was mad; it has been years since he debuted and he had got nothing from Hyukjae expect the small smiles or sometimes a small care.

Sungmin was always for him, as an older brother.

Donghae was there for him always, as a cute young brother even when was elder than him.

Hyukjae… he was just there saying nothing and just sometimes making his presence noticed, that is why maybe Kyuhyun was curios at first, his eyes searching for Hyukjae, what was he doing? He was fine? And slowly it turned into him pretending not notice Hyukjae and then stealing glances from the latter.

Suddenly one day, Kyuhyun noticed he was in love with Hyukjae and it hurt, because Hyukjae was slowly drifting away from him, always with Donghae.

“I’m in… Hyukjae I…” Kyuhyun’s voice was a mere whisper as he sighed “it is nothing, I’m just lonely, our first meeting you welcomed me with a wide smile, the next time we saw each other, I was invisible to you, what happened, uh?”

Hyukjae remained silent “Sorry, I was just… it is weird having you in the group, so yeah…”

Kyuhyun nodded, that was all? And he forced a smile “I-I want to be your friend.”

Hyukjae widened his eyes nodding and Kyuhyun broke in a smile when he saw Hyukjae nodding slightly. It was unknown for Kyuhyun at first, he thought he liked girls and dated several ones, he even had with them, and just one day, when he saw Hyukjae being kissed by a random guy, it was a trigger, Kyuhyun knew at that moment he liked not boys but Hyukjae.

He knew because he wanted to date a random boy and failed when he thought it was Hyukjae, so after these years Kyuhyun just wanted at least to be near the dancer as a friend, it doesn’t matter if he is just a friend, he just wanted Hyukjae near him.

“Then, let me show you I can be a nice element in the group, what about it, uh?”

Hyukjae chewed his lower lip “Okay, let’s be friends then Kyuhyun-ssi.”

Kyuhyun felt his heart sank “Drop the –ssi Hyukjae, we’re not strangers anymore.”

“Uh?”

 

Donghae blinked when he saw Kyuhyun holding Hyukjae’s hand entering into the apartment. Hyukjae with his lowered face; and Kyuhyun wide grin plastered on his face.

“What took you so long?” Donghae asked with stern voice, he had agree with Sungmin to not tell Kyuhyun Donghae is dating Sungmin, so then they can match these two, so, for these motives, he also fakes being interested in Hyukjae and to Hyukjae, Donghae knows his friend just see him as that and he likes to be treated, so that’s why Hyukjae always follows Dongha everywhere.

“We got lost on our way home.” Kyuhyun said and Donghae rolled his eyes, walking to Hyukjae and taking his hand.

“We need to sleep Hyuk, let’s go.”

Hyukjae nodded before the now not so grinning Kyuhyun while Sungmin walked out of the room.

“Kyuhyun, let’s go sleep, tomorrow we have a concert.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

One Shot – 3/3

One month, it has pass around that time when they –Kyuhyun and Hyukjae– agreed to be friends, behind stage Kyuhyun followed Hyukjae around while on stage, it was as always the best couple of ever Donghae with Hyukjae and Kyuhyun with Sungmin.

Kyuhyun doesn’t know really well when he started to get really comfortable with Sungmin and how the fanservice Hyukjae show with Donghae was less a deal than before, but he was sure there was involved one fact.

Hyukjae was his boyfriend and he knew Sungmin was Donghae’s boyfriend so, maybe that was why, everything was smoothly and less worried some than before.

The thing is that, Kyuhyun felt his blood boiling when in a meeting to another group, Hyukjae ended up being kissed in a card game with another male and it was then when Kyuhyun knew he was comfy before because he knew Sungmin didn’t have feelings for him or Hyukjae more than brothers and the same with Donghae.

Even so, since he saw how the other male in the show even tried to deepen the kiss, Kyuhyun boiled in jealousy as he removed on his place clenching his fits while smiling; because he couldn’t grab that man and punch him since Sungmin held his waist in an attempt to stop him.

So that same night, Kyuhyun walked to Hyukjae’s room, slammed the door and yelled.

“Why the heck you left him do that to you?”

Hyukjae was lost at the question as he dropped the plate of cake he was eating and bend to picked it when his hand touched Kyuhyun’s one that also wanted to pick the dish to prevent Hyukjae from cutting, both blushing feeling the other touch of fingertips.

“So… why did you left him kiss you?” asked Kyuhyun in a mumble hurt expression.

“I didn’t.”

Hyukaje sighed frustrated “the kissed me when the card fell and he took me by surprise, I was shocked!”

Hyukjae indignant expression with a pout made Kyuhyun chuckled as he stood with Hyukjae by the hand.

“You know… when I first met you I thought you were ugly.”

Kyuhyun confessed and Hyukjae showed hurt when he felt Kyuhyun’s thump over his cheek.

“Then, when you smiled to me that time, I thought, well, maybe he is okay.”

Hyukjae wanted to cry, so he was just and okay and Kyuhyun kept talking “then when a fan tweeted me that I must leave the group, you told me casually ‘it is okay, they’ll get used’ I was motivated even when that were just the few words you told me in three months.”

Kyuhyun said with a thin smile, wiping away Hyukjae’s tears and lifting Hyukjae’s face by the chin.

“When Sungmin became my official partner you stop talking to me more than before, so cold, it was like I was an outsider, I was hurt and suddenly I started to like you, slowly you grew on me and slowly I fell for you.”

Hyukjae now was crying in happiness as he felt a peck on his lips and his wetting cheeks.

“I love you Hyuk, really, so, do you want to start a new life with me?”

“Why?”

Hyukjae asked with tears on his eyes.

Kyuhyun grinned hugging the petite one between his arms “because after meeting you my world started to change and I want it to keep changing with you at my side, forever.”

Hyukjae cuddled nearer his boyfriend, kissing Kyuhyun’s chin startling the taller and smiling.

“I love you Kyuhyun.”

The named chuckled kissing Hyukjae’s hair “Now you can drop the ‘hyun’ what about just Kyu, uhm, hyuk?”

Hyukjae smiled closing his eyes when Kyuhyun lean to kiss his lips, both melting in that brief moment.

“I love you Kyu.”

“I love you Hyuk.”