The Apartment

Restricted Dreams

As Jimin had said before, they indeed were able to make time the weekend afterwards to meet J-Hope and visit, what Jeongguk believes, their hangout.

J-hope was really excited to meet him. Once Jeongguk had gotten to their apartment where their hangout was, J-hope gave him a big hug and began telling him how happy he was to finally meet him. There was never a moment where J-Hope’s smile went away. Although he was in college, Jeongguk thought that his maturity level was at a high schoolers level.

Because of him, Jeongguk felt more welcomed into the group.

In the bangtan boy’s apartment, there was a living room where they sit on the couch and watch tv. In front of the couch was a table where they usually ate. Across the room, there was a small kitchen then to the right was a hallway with 3 doors that led to a bathroom, a bedroom, and their music room.

 “What do you think of our place Jeongguk?” J-Hope asked. “Do you like it?”

“It’s nice.” He looked around the living room and admired the décor and inspirational posters they had along the walls.

“It’s pretty small, but to us, it’s like a second home. If we want to work on our music or need a getaway, this is where we all go,” Suga explained. “By the way, do you know what a Maschine is?”

Jeongguk shook his head.

“Follow me.” Suga led the way and opened the door to the music room. The two of them went in and Suga pointed to the box like thing with lots of buttons. “This is called a Maschine. With this, you can create your own beats however you like. Here, try it out.” He turned it on and taught Jeongguk how to use it.

“This is really cool!” Jeongguk continued to press the buttons with a smile plastered on his face.

 

A few hours later, Jin took out his phone to check the time. “It’s past 12:30. Are you guys up for some food?”

J-Hope yelled out with a fist in the air. “Yes! I’m starving!”

Everyone stood up and got ready to leave.

“Oh before I forget!” Rap Monster went back into one of the rooms and came back. “Here’s a key.” He handed it to Jeongguk.

Jeongguk was surprised. Did they really trust him that much?

“You’re one of us now which means, you get access to whatever we have.” Rap Monster ruffled his hair and left with the guys. “Lock up maknae.”

Jeongguk stared that item in his hand and smiled. He liked the feeling of being trusted.

He quickly went out and closed the door then locked it and ran to catch up with his new group of friends.

The seven of them sat down in a small restaurant and were handed menus to look at.

"Hmmm what do I feel like eating today?" J-Hope tapped his chin with his index fiver while reading the menu.

"I think I'll get a bowl of jjajungmyeon," said Rap Monster. "What about you Jeongguk? Choose anything you want. It's on Yoongi."

"Who's Yoongi?" Jeongguk gave a confused look to the guy.

"Yoongi is Suga's real name," Jin clarified. "Did you really think that Suga was what his parents named him?”

“All of us, well except for Jimin have nicknames,” Rap Monster explained. “It’s quite obvious Rap Monster is a nickname. My real name is Namjoon.”

“As for me, my real name is Seokjin,” Jin said. “Taehyung’s nickname is V and you know already that J-Hope’s is Hoseok.”

“Why doesn’t Jimin have a nickname?” Jeongguk wondered.

“He does,” V said. “It’s Jiminnie.”

“Hey! I didn’t think we were serious when I brought the name up okay!” Jimin punched his arm.

“Umma! Apa! (It hurts!)” V faked his pain.

“Then what about me?” Jeongguk asked. “Should I have a nickname too?”

All of them thought for moment. “How about kookie?”

“It sounds so cute!” J-Hope began dying of laughter.

A waitress came over and asked if they were ready to order. They told her what they wanted and to Joeongguk’s surprise, they ordered a hell lot of food.

When the food came out, the view of their table was practically gone. There more than 15 plates of food on the table.

Jeongguk grabbed his chopsticks and poked it into his lobster soondae. “Jalmukesumneda!” (I will eat well.)

After eating, they all got up with full stomachs. Jeongguk watched as Suga headed to the register to pay. *It was a lot of food. Maybe I should split the bill with Suga.*

“Hey Suga, how much is the bill? I’ll split it with you,” he offered.

Suga declined him. “No! It’s alright.”

“But we ate so much!” Jeongguk continued. “It’s probably really expensive.”

“It’s nothing actually.” Suga paid and the waitress handed the receipt. But before Suga could get a hold of it, Jeongguk stole it.

*250,000 won?!* His eyes widened. “How is that nothing?”

Suga grabbed it back from him. “Trust me. I wanted to pay it alright.” He gave Jeongguk a reassuring smile and left with the other guys.

As time passed, he got closer to each of them and felt as if they were brothers that were separated by birth. He was happier because he enjoyed rapping and being with those that had the same interests as him. Whenever Jeongguk was with Bangtan, all his stress and pressure from school was forgotten.