Just The Way You Are

Just The Way You Are

The moment I saw the news, I knew where to find her. It was again another misunderstood article about her. And lately she's been very sensitive about them. She was huddled in a corner of 2ne1's dance studio. Head leaning on the wall, eyes closed, Ipod on full blast.

I paused for a moment taking in the sight of her. HOw young and vulnerable she looked. Fragile. It was a side of her not always seen by everyone. It was a side of her that she is not used to showing. The hyungs have always thought her fierce. Her members always relied on her as a leader. She's confident, frank, and has a strong sense of responsibility. And because of this she tends to be quickly misunderstood even with 2ne1 fans.

I sighed as I approached her. She still hasn't realized I was there I guess. She loses herself in the music whenever she want to forget. I can hear the Fugees playing.

And then suddenly, "I know you're there Lee Seung-hyun, no need to spy on me", she said.

"I wasn't spying on you", I said. "I was walking, quietly." And I sat beside her. Her head was bowed, hair covering her face. I reached for it and tucked it behind her ear.

"Hey, you." I said. "You okay?" I saw the tears that had stained her face. "No I'm not", she said. And to my surprise she suddenly hurled her body to me. I cradled her like a baby in my arms as she cried. We stayed that way for awhile till she quieted.

"Better?" I asked. She nodded, her face still on my shirt.

"It wasn't so but this time, cheer up."

"I know but I'm just so tired of being misunderstood you know? We've been doing this for three years and ever since we debuted it hasn't stopped." She looked at me hurt clearly seen on her eyes.

"Babe, we cannot please everyone, there will always be haters, you know this."

"I know, sometimes it's just that I wish...I wish...I could be more like the Unnies or Minji. They're so likeable. I envy them! I've tried to be like them, believe me I've tried. But I'm not built like them!

"And I'm thankful for that." I said to her. I caressed her cheek and looked straight into her eyes. "Because you're you and you are special and you are mine. Always remember that I'm here to like you when no one else would, even if you are the most unlikeable person in the world, because I love  you."

"When did you become so cheesy?!" She exclaimed.

"Since I met you babe. You're a bad influence you know." I grinned.

"Yah! Lee Seungri!"

She was about to hit my chest when I caught her hand and kissed it.

"I love you." She whispered.

"I love you more." And I kissed her with all the love in the world.