Renfusion/Confusion

Renfusion/Confusion

My friend Paola made me go to some Korean record label to see where she works at. She got that "dream job" as she's calling it about a month ago. To be honest I didn't fully understand what she was doing there.

As we entered the building all eyes were directed at us. Well we were foreigners after all. I was American and she was European. Paola was my roommate. She was short, with light brown wavy hair. All in all she was cute. Her personality was cute too, we got along amazingly. She was an awesome friend and just to make this clear, there was nothing between us. We had a brother-sister relationship.

 

The building was elite and I liked the ambient.

"So, what do you think? Cool, right? Right?" - she pulled me by my hand.

"It actually is." - I said with a smile.

"What was that supposed to mean?" - she asked, but knew I didn't say it in any bad way. It was more of a rhetorical question on her part, so I didn't answer. - "I work on 3rd floor with 5 handsome boys!" - she grinned from ear to ear and quietly squealed.

"I know, you told me hahaha." - I smiled at her cuteness.

"And they are called?" - she budged my arm and raised her eyebrow, smirking at me.

"NU'EST" - I said and she seemed impressed.

"I didn't actually think you'd remember! Awww, so cute~" - she hugged me by my arm and giggled.

"I actually listen sometimes" - I patted her head.

The elevator opened it's doors and we went inside, her pressing the 3rd floor button.

"Please behave" - she suddenly said.

"What the-? You know I do..." - I glanced at her with a confused look.

"Ahaha, I know, I know. I just had to say it. Sorry." - she patted my shoulder - "I also know you like to look and there are a lot of pretty girls..." - she paused for a while - "Please don't stare at asses too much" - she laughed.

"That I can't promise. You know my eyes just follow them, but I'll try to behave." - I assured her and she squeezed my arm.

She was the most touchy-feely person I have ever met. She does skinship unintentionally and I hope she will not do it unconsciously with those boys, 'cause it can leave the wrong impression and believe me, she may be fangirling about them, but that is as far as she's going. She is not delusional about being with any of them and also she said they are too young for her.

"We're here." - she said with a nervous voice.

As we got out of the elevator I immediately scanned two pretty girl. I like this industry already. We turned left and walked straight through hall to a room. She opened the door and immediately we bowed and said hello to people in there. As she introduced me, I saw a pretty girl. Paola saw me staring at her and immediately elbowed me to stop. Aiiishhh, why can't I look?

To my surprise the girl looked my way too and smiled, which of course I returned. She turned around probably because of embarrassment or I don't know what and continued to pack her stuff in the bag. My eyes traveled down her . Damn, she was good. I felt a pinch on my arm.

"Auch" - I looked angrily at her.

"Don't stare at the poor Lizzy's " - she whispered with a threatening tone.

"Lizzy, huh?" - I smiled.

"Just don't." - she whined.

"Fine, I won't" - I sighed and continued looking around the room. It seemed like a practice room.

"Hey, is this practice room?" - I nudged her arm.

"Yep." - she nodded. - "After School girls are over, so now the next group will come."

"After School? Kind of a lame name." - I commented. - "But they look good." - smirk left my lips.

"Well, of course they do. They are idols. And you are seeing only 3 of them. There are 8 of them in that group."

"Holy ? Why that many? That's absurd."

"Well... that's how it is. Go sit there." - she pointed at the chair and continued to talk with the manager.

I sat and looked as 2 beautiful ladies and Lizzy walked out of the room, bowing, manager following them.

"Now it's just the two of us... what are we waiting for anyway?" I asked.

"For you to meet NU'EST." - she happily exclaimed - "I told them that I'll bring my American friend. Aron was specially excited. You know he's American too."

"An American dude in K-pop group? Cool."

While we waited for the guys, I was dancing in front of the mirrors, 'cause, come on, who can resist this situation. After couple of minutes, I went to bathroom, although Paola was pressuring me not to go and try to hold it in. She really wanted me to be there, when they arrive, but I told her I'll be done fast.

The moment I came back and entered the room, I saw something that strike me right in my heart, mind and khm... crotch. Yeah, I know, I'm a ert, but it's not like I can control it. In front of me was the most perfect I have ever seen. And those long slim legs... Those legs and in a slim white pants. It took me a while to get myself together.

"Chris!" - she called my name, but I could hear the treating sound in her voice. Ok, even I realized I was staring too hard and maybe even drooled. - "This is the group I was talking to you about" - she put a smile on her face and I saw the tall guy approaching me. He was a little shorter then me, but still tall, feminine looking. 

"Herro" - he shook my hand.

"Hi" - I smiled.

The other guy came toward me - "Hey, we are fellow Americans." - he said with a wide smile.

"Yo. So you are the one she talked to me about? It must feel awesome to meet someone from your own country." - I laughed.

"You have no idea." - he laughed also - "My name is Aron."

"Chris" - we shook hands.

"This one is Minhyun" - he said pointing at the tall guy.

"I'm Minhyun. Nice to meet you" - he said with a broken English, but I could see he was trying hard. I laughed - "Yo Minhyun."

"Yo." - he waved and bowed. I was trying to cover my laughter that wanted to desperately come out. This guy was so awkward and funny. Aron laughed out loud and finally I joined him.

"I swear, he's usually not like this."

"He's a funny dude." 

"Yeah. This is JR." - he pointed at black haired guy and we shook hands.

"Hi" - he smiled politely.

"JR?" - I turned to Aron.

"His name is Jonghyun, but his stage name is JR, Junior Royal." -he explained.

"Ohh, I understand. Hey JR, cool nickname." - I said and he just smiled and looked questionably at Aron.

I replayed myself in Korean - "JR is a cool name.

He smiled - "So you know Korean?"

"A little bit" - I said, rubbing my neck.

The only one that looked like a man came toward me - "Hey, My name is Baekho" - he smiled and shook my hand.

"Yo, Baekho." - I shook his hand too with a harder grip. Finally someone who looks tough. - "Doesn't Baekho means White tiger?" - I asked Aron.

"Yes, it's also his stage name."

"Ohh, cool, cool." - I looked at Paola who was looking at me with a smile. Guess she was pleased with the situation. I smiled at her too.

I turned toward the last person, the person I so very much wanted to meet. I looked at her, not trying to be too obvious that I was checking her out. She had a really unique face, it looked like a doll's. And no, it didn't look plastic, just different. Really pretty. Heart shaped lips, high cheek bones, pretty eyes and shorter blond hair. I immediately smiled as I saw her and signaled Paola that I find this one really pretty, which her eyes went open as they can and her lips formed an O, shaking her head. The heck is with her? I send her a confused look and her face suddenly changed into amusing one and just gave me thumbs up and a small smile. That girl can be weird sometimes.

"Hello, I'm Chris" - I said with the most charming smile that I could pull off.

"Ren."

I jumped and widen my eyes, but decided fast to pull myself together. What was that voice? I saw Paola giggling. Is that? Was that? A guy? No way!

I was still wearing a weird/shocked face and I could see that not only Ren was embarrassed by my facial expression, the all guys were. I must have looked so offensive.

"I... I'm sorry. I was startled by the...I was... y'know---" - I tried to save the situation, but nothing came to mind.

"You thought he was a girl, right?" - the only man looking one spoke. - "It's ok. It's not the first time."

"No, nah, no, I seriously wasn't." - I defended myself. I could see Paola's scolding look that said "Don't this up".

I let a loud sigh and rubbed my face. My mind was seriously blown. This was too weird. The situation was really awkward and I could see that the poor guy was really uncomfortable by my unconscious staring. , I was staring again.

"Nah, sorry, I just..." - I winden my eyes and sighed, pointing at him from head to toe - "You look... y'know..." - I frowned - "Y'know..."

Paola came to me and punched my arm - "What's with you? Don't be disrespectful." - she was seriously mad at me and kind of disappointed by my actions.

I rubbed my face again - "No, no, dude, sorryMy mind is just blown" - I started laughing and turned to Aron - "Were you surprised as me? 'Cause we don't have.. ummm... pretty boys like him in America." 

"Yes, I was. Weird, huh. But he's an awesome guy. Really funny and lovable." 

"Yeah, I bet he's nice, but sorry... My mind is just really slow. I can't grasp this situation." - I turned to pretty boy and shook his hand that was too delicate... like what the...? - "Sorry, for this weird situation I made. I just never saw someone like you. I mean... no... ahhh..." - I rubbed my neck, I was really bad with this situation and I was making it even worse with every word that left my mouth. I coughed - "I didn't catch your name, sorry"

"Ren... It's my stage name." - he nodded his head. God his face is... pretty.

"Well, nice to meet you guys."- they all bowed expect Aron.

The rest 2 hours were passed by mostly me and Aron talking, occasionally Baekho and JR joining us. Minhyun and Ren were working on their dance and talking to Paola. I could see Ren was still awkward by my presence. Well, I don't blame the poor guy, I acted like a . To be honest I was glad he wasn't talking with us, his face was really distracting and I didn't want to look at his ever again. I can't even believe he had and legs like that. It was unbelievable. 

After 2 hours we said goodbye and I exchanged phone numbers with Aron. He was a nice guy, a good guy to make friends with. Also we were both craving for talking to someone in our native language, so this was a good experience.

 

On our way home, Paola was mad at me because of how I reacted toward Ren, well I know I was a douchebag, no need to point it out. I apologized to her and told her I'll reflect on my actions.

That Ren guy... I still had a big question mark up my head. I can't believe a guy can look like that. I'm for gays and all, but this is just weird. He... he looks better than a girl, isn't that wrong? But then again, not like it's his fault. He could change his hair and clothes, though... so I guess it's his choice? Uhhh, so confused. Does he want to be a girl? It could be. But his ... and legs... I shook my head. No, no. No. Just no. But his lips also look like a girls... is this normal in Korea? I've been here for a half year, seen feminine guys, but not this feminine. I frowned. I don't like this.

But who am I to talk how someone wants to look or live. I'm sounding really judgmental, but I'm really not. This is just another level for me. Because... 'cause... he confused me. He freaking confused me. I shouldn't think about him anymore.

Just how is that none of his band mates feel weird around him looking like that? Actually, how the didn't I figured that he was a guy? Paola introduced the NU'EST group to me and I didn't even budged in my mind that he was a guy. Although it was an all boys group. Jesus! This was so weird.

 

When we got home, she stopped giving me a silent treatment and went to play a game on PC, while I don't know why, probably my curiosity led me to youtube and to type NU'EST Ren.

I clicked on a first video and after staring at it frowning, I closed it and stared at the screen not really thinking. After I snapped out of my trance, all I could think about was Why. Why does he look like that? Why is he acting like that? He shouldn't be male. Was I swayed? I don't want to think about it. I don't want to feel like this ever again in my life. 

I stood up from my chair and went to Paola's room. She was cussing and playing a game like a maniac. I tapped her shoulder and she paused the game, turned around to face me.

"I don't want to meet Ren ever again." - I said with a blank face.

"He got to you?" - she said and sighed.

"No..." - my voice trailed.

"Sure, whatever. You know your acting like a douchebag, right?" - she turned to face her computer screen.

"Yeah, but... understand me." - I sighed.

"Whatever." - she responded - "Poor Minki." - she whispered.

"Who's Minki? That's a ridiculously cute name." - I laughed, trying to ease the tension, since I knew she was mad at me.

"Ren's real name." - she giggled and looked at me.

"" - I muttered and exited her room.

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Ahahahaha, it was so weird writing in a OC guys perspective.

Was this a total miss story? Hmmm, probably, but I wrote it anyway lol