Chapter 1

Becoming the Best of the Best
KiKwang's POV
_
 
Kyaa~ I don't recognize any of the words on here.
 
     I stared at the thick test the teacher had just handed around and immediately began to flip out. None of the things I had learned this semester even resembled anything on this test. And for 5 months FIVE MONTHS I studied my off everynight just so I could achieve a higher score than HyoRin and here I am having a mini heart attack. Who makes these study plans anyways?
     I glanced over at my competition and noticed that she seemed to be having trouble as well. I smirked and purposely stomped my foot against the ground loud enough for HyoRin to hear and pretended to answer all the questions at a lightning speed. I heard a shocked gasp and my smirk grew even larger.
 
     "Ms.Jung! Please keep your astonishment to yourself and return to your test."
 
     When I comfirmed that I wasn't in the sight of Hyorn nor the teacher, I glanced over to my best friend, YoSeob.
 
     I don't think anyone had an idea on what this test was about.

     Thirty minutes later, the test was returned and most of my answers were just mindless guesses. Once the class was over, I took my sweet time and strolled over to HyoRin's desk with a large- smile playing on my lips. She ignored me so I sweetly waved to her friend, Dasom and YoSeob, who was trotting closely behind, cutely waved at the girl as well.

     I leaned closely to HyoRin's ear and whispered to her.
 
     "Why is the snake not eating her prey today? Hmm?"
 
     She slowly rotated in my diretion with a pissed off face and her pink supplies in her arms.
 
     "Oh, you think your sooo smart, huh KiKwang?"
 
     "I perfer the term 'KiKwang oppa'" I knew exactly what her soft spot was and decided to directly punch it in the face. She understood what I wanted and I knew she wouldn't give it to me, which made me feel a bit agitated, but I kept my cool face on.
 
 
     "Whatever. We have gym after this class and I'll make sure to beat you at whatever the coach has planned out. See you there, oppa."

 

     She strutted off with Dasom as her shadow.


HyoRin's POV

 

     Me and KiKwang, the , stared each other down from opposite sides of the court, mentally buning each other to the ground. Today was dodgeball day and I was pumped that the boys and the girls were allowed to play together. Balls were scattered around on the floor from the previous game the other students invested in before us. I was ready.

 

 

The coach blew his whistle

 

     Before I even stood near a ball, blurry red dots began flying here and there, smacking against the bodies of random teenagers. I saw Dasom nearing to throw a large dodgeball in the opposite direction and I quickly ran to her side, snatching the ball from her possession. She took a large step back, knowing what I was about to do. Once the ball was out of my hands and on KiKwang's side of the court, I finally let the beast out of me. Left and right, people stepped out of the borders of the court due to lack of skill. I rapidly threw various dodgeballs in different directions and whether it was at KiKwang or not, I was grinning like crazy. I could have sworn I was having fun until I felt a tremendous pain centered around my nose and witnessed the world go black.


     I awoke to the awful sound of young voices beside me. Once my eyes were opened properly, the only thing I saw were fuzzy spots of moving colors.

 

     "Wah! Unnie! You're awake! Are you okay?!" I flinched at Dasom's loud, recognizable voice and lightly punched her side.

 

     "KiKwang Hyung. Apologize to HyoRin noona so that we can go back to class." When YoSeob's light voice whined out KiKwang's name, I shot up like up rocket, which gave me a massive migrane. My hands discovered KiKwang's neck in a blind fit of rage and they tightened immensely around the cylindric body part.

 

     "Hyorin Unnie! Let go of his neck!" Dasom screamed at me. That only brought my anger to new heights as I felt my fingers hurt from how much I've tightened them.

 

     "JaAAa~ She's just mad because she lost the dodgeball game!" KiKwang yelled with a smirk.

 

     "Aniya! KiKwang, I'm gonna kick your ! I'm mad because you DELIBERATELY hit me in the face with that ball!"

 

 

"YAHH! Do you BOTH want to get suspended?!?"

 

     The school's nurse's voice rang into my ears and both mine and KiKwang's heads faced her direction.

 

     "No, ma'am." We said in unison.

 

 

"Good. Now all four of you, get back to class."