Chapter 1

First

                Reika browses over the profiles in the file that Julie gave her in her room after dinner and try to choose which one is better and not but it seem she’s having problem to understand it. Then, her maid knock her door and says, “Ojou-sama, there is someone want to meet you.”

                “Ask the person to get here.” Say Reika. She raises from her lay position and neat her clothes in order not to improper for guest. She notices a girl with black hair and dark-styled cloches get into her room before says, “Yo!”

                “Karina, why you suddenly come here?” ask Reika. She knows her friend doesn’t really like to come to other place at time like that. Karina known as girl who like to stay in her room during night and does some practice within her house compound. Even First invite her to go out; she will decline it with many weird reasons.

                “Maa, something happen at my house and I just storm out without thinking further. When I snap back to reality, I already reach in front of this building.” Say Karina. She throws herself to couch in front of the one that Reika sits.

                “You fight with them again?” ask Reika. She knows it always happen in Kuzuryu Family but the girl in front of her never get detail about it as she will only answer it with nod. She asks, “So, you want to stay overnight at here?”

                “I’m okay if you don’t let me to do it. I will go to school and sleep at our lounge.” Say Karina. She never shows her weak side nearly everyone including First which make her as the most mysterious member of First.

                “If you want to stay here, I would ask the maids to prepare room for you.” Say Reika. She goes to intercom and gives order to the maids.

                “Arigatou, Reika-chan...” say Karina as she hugs Reika, “...oh, you already read that file?” she ask as she notice the opened file.

                “Yeah but there’s nothing I could understand inside it. How about you?” Reika thinks that the girl may already read the data and choose who’s the best among the best.

                Karina shook her head and reply, “Not yet. I don’t have any mood to read it. You don’t have to get into trouble to read it. I can get feeling the boys already use their own way to choose who is the best for Julie-san’s plan.”

                “How you could know about it?” ask Reika. Before Karina could reply, a maid gets into the room and says that the guest room already prepare for Karina. Karina happily stands up and says, “We will talk about it later, okay? I really need to sleep right now. Oyasumi, Reika-chan~~!!”

                Reika sends Karina out from her room by sight. She doesn’t understand what is mean by that girl but decide to stop read the file and begin her revision. After she finish make preparation for tomorrow, she change into pj’s and climb on her bed to get good night sleep.

******************

                “EH?! She already leaves?” Reika surprise to hear answer from maid when she ask them to call Karina to invite that girl for breakfast.

                “She told us that she has some important task that she needs to do before reach at school.” say the maid. Reika continue her breakfast and get ready for school. She keep thinking about Karina’s words from last night as she not really understands what’s in that girl’s head.

                She walk straight to First’s lounge when arrive at school. She greets everyone in that room and notice Karina is not around. She asks, “Eh, where is Karina?”

                “She told me that she will absent for today as she needs to manage something that seem private matter.” Say Yuto.

                “Private matter? What is it?” ask Ryosuke who curious to know about it. For them, Karina absent from school with excuses of private matter is same like snow in summer season.

                Julie gets into their lounge and asks, “Ara, where is Kuzuryu-kun? She told me that she want to meet me today.”

                “We don’t know where she goes. I just get mail from her that says she would not come to school today.” Say Yuto.

                “Manage about that thing again...” say Julie before leave the lounge that leave First in dumbstruck. They really want to know what actually happen at that moment.

*********************

                Karina sits in a cafe and seems waiting for someone. She takes sip from her hot cocoa before look around the cafe. Somehow, her eyes show that she jealous with everyone around her because they could do whatever they want. She places the cup on the saucer and someone take place in front of her.

                “Why you want to meet me at time like this? You just make me skip my school.” say Karina.

                The person who wants to meet her is her brother in-law, Ryuhei. He says, “I just want to say that you can’t leave that house just like that or I will do the same.”

                “Ryu-kun...” Karina already used to call him like that as he was one of trainers her family’s company before get married with her sister, Kazuko. “....you should remember that you already married with Kazuko onee-sama and get three children which one of them will be born anytime.”

                “I only get married with Kazuko because I think I will have plenty time to spend together with you. When you reach legal age, I want to elope with you from Kuzuryu’s wealth.” Say Ryuhei with serious hint in his eyes.

                Karina really surprise to hear it and says, “Are you already out of your mind? I don’t want to ruin your marriage with onee-sama. She really love you and you couldn’t just leave her for me.”

                “So, what do you want me to do?” ask Ryuhei while his hands try to reach for Karina’s hands but that girl really fast to dodge. She quickly stands up and says, “I would never forgive you if you leave onee-sama. Both of us may not in good relationship but I still hope for her happiness.”

                She leaves the cafe and rushes into her car. She ignores Ryuhei that call her name and speed off her car to leave that place. She drives aimlessly to throw away her feeling at that time. After awhile, she stops her car at river bank and decides to relax there. She lay on the mat that she spread and stare to the blue sky.

                She could feel someone get near to her place but she act like nothing happen. She thinks that person would never want to ually harass her as she’s not wearing something girlish and she has martial arts to defence herself. Suddenly, Karina could hear Keito’s voice asking her, “Why you don’t come to school today? Julie-san was looking for you.”

                “Keito...” Karina surprise to see who it is and asks, “How you know that I’m here? School already end?”

                “Of course it already end and I’m on my way to usual place to practice but suddenly saw you at here. So, I decide to check you before continue my journey. Why you didn’t come to school today?” Say Keito.

                “I have meeting with someone who really troublesome. It really hard to handle that person even we could easily meet.” Karina dryly laugh while talk about it. Keito pat her head and says, “If you need anything, you can ask me.”

                Keito want to leave the place and Karina asks, “How’s the progress about the task that Julie-san ask us?”

                Karina could hear Keito chuckles to hear it before answer, “I mean the other help but I think it is okay. Only Yuto who already decide who is suitable but we will discuss again when you come back to school.”

                “I only skip school for today.” Say Karina.

                “Don’t stay at here too long or someone will try to harass you.” Say Keito.

                “No one would ever dare to do that on me but thanks for the advice for someone who non-girly.” Say Karina. Keito smile and winks to her before leave the place while Karina couldn’t help herself to smile and thinks, “Maybe there still good guy in this world.”

                She relaxes there for awhile before come out with a plan in her head, “Maybe I should go there again today.”

************************

                Ryosuke sit at back of the car and enjoy the view outside the window. Suddenly, he bold upright when see someone that familiar for him; get into a cafe that doesn’t follow their standard. He asks, “Why Karina goes there? I thought it was her who says that she would never get into place like that.”

                “Ryosuke-sama, is there anything bothering you today?” ask the driver who quite close with him. He notices his young master seem found something outside the car as him suddenly move closer to window.

                “No, it’s nothing. Could you drive to Takaki’s place? There is something that I need to discuss with him.” Say Ryosuke.

                “As you wish, Ryosuke-sama.” Reply the driver before change the route. Ryosuke knows he could get information about what he wants to know from that guy.

**********************

                Reika goes to school like usual and meet Karina when she gets off from the car. She greets, “Ohayou, Karina.”

                “Ohayou, Reika-chan.” Greet Karina while she ties her hair into messy ponytail. Reika only smile to see it because she knows Karina always want to cut her long hair but her father never let her to do it with excuse she look better with long hair.

                Both of them get into First lounge and take their place to kill time. Yuto announce, “I already get permission from teacher that we will not get into class today. We need to discuss about Julie-san’s task.”

                Six of them take place around the table that always in middle of the lounge and Yuto begin his words, “I want to hear all of your opinions about candidate from the file.”

                Ryosuke stands up from his seat and glare to Karina before asks, “Do you get bribe from anyone for this matter?”

                “What do you mean by that?” ask Yuri.

                “I saw you get into **** Cafe and when I ask someone about it, one of candidates works there. Everyone knows you really hate to go place like that but you got into that place.” Say Ryosuke.

                Karina leaves out sigh and says, “I can’t escape from your so-called great information ne... Unfortunately for you, I didn’t take any bribe from anyone. I went there because I want to meet someone and if you guys don’t want me to get involve in choosing who suitable for it, I’m okay with it.”

                “How about you guys? Should she join us in make decision on who is suitable?” ask Yuto. Everyone silent with it as they don’t know what to say and Karina come out with solution, “You guys just choose who is suitable and I will consult with Julie-san about your decision.”

                Karina wears her headphones and leaves the table. She gives enough space for everyone to make decision while she read book at her favourite couch to wait for them to finish. She doesn’t even care to know what kind of qualities that needs to be chosen from her friends.

***********************

                Julie still focuses on documents on the table as she needs to manage many things. Then, she hears the door being knocked and says, “Come in.” The door open and Julie smiles to see who is it as it signs of what she need already there.