Princess Searching In Jeju = Fail

Prince Kibum

 In a small city in Jeju by the name of Tarantallegra there was a young vampire prince by the name of Kim Kibum. He would be turning eighteen years old and since he was the prince his parents have told him that he needed a wife to wed. Kibum was a handsome young man and there were plenty of young vampire girls in the village who would love to be his lawfully wedded wife. The only problem was that he felt arranged marriages were terrible. Why miss out on the experience of falling in love with someone naturally?

“Kibum,” his mother’s soft voice called, followed by some knocking. “Are you up?”

“Yes,” Kibum sits up in his bed as his mother enters the room. He gives her a heavy-eyed smile.

“Were you doing something? I don’t mean to bother you…”

“No, I was just reading some stupid book,” he said, tossing it on his night stand. “What’s up mom?”

“Well… Kibum… you’re almost eighteen now, you know?”

“I’m not… I just turned seventeen.” Kibum sighed. Of course his mother would come and talk about this. What else do she and his father talk about other than wives and marriage nowadays?

Mrs. Kim took a seat next to him and wrapped an arm around him. “I know, sweetie, but I’d rather you go looking for the right one now. There are nice, capable girls out there that’ll love and take care of you.”

“Alright mom, I’ve heard.” Kibum sighs.

Mrs. Kim knew at this point she shouldn’t pester him anymore, so she just kisses his temple, tells him goodnight and leaves his room. Kibum lies back in his bed, simultaneously turning off his lamp. Since he’s a vampire, sleep isn’t really a necessity, but he just feels more comfortable in the dark. As he stares out the huge window and sees the moon shining bright in the distance, he gets lots in his thoughts.

He knew he’d have to find a wife otherwise his parents wouldn’t shut up about it, but his parents were only suggesting daughters of their friends that he didn’t even know. He didn’t want to marry anyone who was practically a stranger…

Then it came to him.

He should go look for a wife, but somewhere out of Jeju. Kibum always wanted to get out of his small village and go see some new scenery. His number one place to go to would be Seoul, it’s a very active city and knowing his personality he’d love it. And he was positive he’d find a girl just like him.

He smiles into his pillow; he’d tell his parents of this idea tomorrow morning.

Hopefully they wouldn’t reject his idea.

 

****

 

After Kibum’s shower the next morning, he literally hopped out of bed and made his way to his parent’s bedroom. His father was up reading some large book and his mother was cuddled up next to him.

“Good morning, sweetheart,” Mrs. Kim shoots her son a sleepy smile.

“I have to speak with you – it’s important,” he says, eager to get to the main point. “About that marriage thing, I’ve been thinking about it and…” His father shuts his book and his mother sits up, interested in what he has to say. “I know you guys want the best for me but instead of you trying to set me up with a girl I hardly know, I’d rather find a wife myself…”

“Oh, that’s great--”

“In Seoul.”

“Absolutely not,” Mr. Kim says simply and returns to his book.

Kibum frowns. “Why not? You didn’t even take a second to think about it.”

“No is no, Kibum.” He answers. “There are plenty of girls here that are fit to be a princess. And now that you’re bringing this up, you have a date today with the Baek’s eldest daughter at noon.”

Kibum mentally groans and looks over at his mother pleadingly, hoping that she’d say something.

He sighs and leaves the room, making sure to slam the door behind him to let his parents know that he’s angry.

Mrs. Kim looks at her husband and says, “Honey, maybe you should rethink about your decision.”

Her husband looks at her, baffled. “What do you mean rethink it? Do you know the kind of society of vampires is in Seoul? They do not live like us – they are ruthless and I do not want my son in that kind of dangerous environment.”

The vampires in Jeju and the vampires in Seoul are completely different. In Jeju there are a lot of strict rules that the vampires have to follow, but the number one rule is - although there aren’t a lot of humans Tarantallegra anyways - feeding on humans is forbidden. They survive off animals but scientist, like Mr. Kim himself, are trying to come up with some sort of pill that’ll prevent themselves from craving for blood.
In Seoul, it’s quite the opposite; they have no leader so there aren’t many rules. Vampires there are free to do whatever; mostly because there a lot of new born vampires who run amuck and cause chaos wherever they go. Mr. Kim was highly concerned for the humans in that area but there wasn’t much he could do.

“How about I go with him?”

“Do you think that’ll change the fact that it’s a dangerous environment?” he questioned. “I don’t want to put the two mo.st important people in my life in a situation like that.”

Mrs. Kim sighs, but says no more. She knows nothing she says will get her husband to understand or change his mind at the moment, so she gets out of bed, adjusts her robe and goes to find her son.
She finds him in his room, strewn over his bed, and looking out of his humongous window.

“Kibum…” she says.

He looks up; “If you’re here to tell me about that date, I refuse to go.”

Mrs. Kim exhales; “I’m not here to tell you about that…I’m here to talk about your suggestion.”

Kibum sits up, ears ready to listen. He hopes that his mother will tell him some good news.

“Now that you’ve spoken up, I’ve realized that you’re right. We shouldn’t force you onto some girl you don’t know, because your father and I didn’t get married like that so why should you?”

So she does understand… A bright smile forms on Kibum’s face.

“I have no problem with you going to Seoul, but you can’t go by yourself.”

“We could go together!” Kibum suggests.

Mrs. Kim caresses his soft blonde hair. “I’d love to sweetie, but I still have to convince your father. Give me some time okay?” She lays a chaste kiss on his cheek and smiles.

 

****

Days go by and Kibum starts to lose hope. It seems like his father wouldn’t lighten up about his son traveling any time soon. His mother would tell him over and over again how he keeps saying no. In the middle of it all, he was forced to go on multiple stupid dates with several women. They were all alike, dull, shy, and boring, traits that didn’t appeal to Kibum.

“Have a nice night,” He had just finished walking his last date of the day home.

“You too, Kibum-ssi.” She bows at a ninety degree angle (making Kibum cringe) before entering her house.

Kibum turns and looks up at the dark, night sky. Stars are shining beautifully and brightly, makin9g Kibum smile.

“They sky is really pretty at night…” he says to himself as he begins to walk home.

When he reaches home, his mother and father seem to be having a serious conversation about something in the kitchen.
Mr. Kim clears his throat when Kibum steps in. “Evening son, how’re the dates?”

“Terrible.” He answers, honestly.

Mrs. Kim shoots her husband a look. Before Kibum walked in, she had brought up traveling to Seoul again and how maybe he’d find true love there.

“Are you just saying that?”

“No father, I’m not.” Kibum says. “These girls literally bore me half to death. There’s no diversity, they’re all the same. Boring, boring, and more boring.”

“So you think you’ll find different in Seoul?”

“Yes! That’s what I’ve been trying to tell you.” Kibum replies.

Mr. Kim crosses his arms, contemplating. He exhales before continuing to speak. “So, your mother and I have been talking about you going to Seoul and she’s been trying to coax me into letting you two go.”

Did it work?

“And it eventually worked.” Mr. Kim says, as if he read Kibum’s mind. “So, yes, I’m giving you permission to travel.”

“Really?! Thank you, father!” Kibum squeals as he gives his father a tight hug. “I will not disappoint you or mother and bring back a wonderful daughter-in-law for you.”

Mr. Kim smiles at his son, and ruffles his hair.

“So when do we get to leave?” Mrs. Kim interrupts.

“Tonight!” Kibum exclaimed. He was just so eager to get to Seoul already.

“No, no, no, not so fast little boy.” Mr. Kim wagged his finger. “You all will be going tomorrow morning.”

“Sounds like a plan, dear,” Mrs. Kim kissed her husband on the cheek and then bear hugged Kibum.

Kim Kibum was officially going to Seoul.


Posted: 61813