Chapter 1

What Hurts the Most

"Get the away from me!" 

 

One step through those school gates and Daehyun was already chased after by girls who adored him.

Oh how he hated it. 

As he was walking to class, a girl bumped into him and dropped her books. "M-Mianhae..." She bent down to pick up her books. 

Daehyun looked at her in disgust and mumbled under his breath, "Clumsy ." He continued walking away from her, without looking back at the girl. "Why do people always do like that to get my attention?" He didn't even seem to acknowledge her existence after she bumped into him. Without a word, he stepped into class and sat down. 

 

The girl picked up her books and fixed herself up. The bell suddenly rang but she didn't move a muscle. Her heart was suddenly racing. Her palms were sweating. "What the hell is happening to me?" The world around her seemed like a blur after she bumped into that guy. She turned around and saw something on the floor. "A phone..." She picked it up and stared at it for a second. 'Must be that guys phone...'

She looked around and saw no one around. ' I'M LATE FOR CLASS.' She looked at the phone again and placed it in her pocket while running to class. As she walked in, the whole class stared at her and giggled. 

"Late for class again, Song Yujin." Her teacher sighed and rolled his eyes. "This is your last warning. Go and sit down." 

Yujin bowed, "Kamsahamnida Mr. Woo," and walked over to her desk next to the window. Girls around her began to chuckle and whisper but Yujin just ignored all the comments flying past her. 

She looked out the window and sighed. 'Late twice in a row. Yujin, you're such a pabo.' 

 

'Class is so damn boring. I don't get how can people handle this .' Daehyun started fidgeting in his chair. An idea suddenly popped into his head. He reached for the pocket of his jacket to pull something out of it. Daehyun's eyes widened in shock and he stood up. with his hands slammed down on the desk. "WHERE THE IS MY PHONE?!" 

Everyone in the class turned to face Daehyun. His face burned bright red as the teacher cleared his throat. "Jung Daehyun, that's a detention for you." 

"BUT SOMEONE STOLE MY PHONE! WHY DO I HAVE DETENTION?!" Daehyun was furious at that state but teacher just wiggled his finger. 

"For three reasons. The first being that you disturbed the class, second for cussing, and third for bringing a phone to school. It's prohibited to bring phones in school grounds, thus, breaking the school rules. Now sit down and do your work." 

Daehyun groaned and sat down with his arms crossed. 'I better find my phone or else i'll turn this hell hole of a school upside down.' 

 

After sitting down a two hour lecture, the lunch bell rang, causing people to run out of the classroom towards the cafeteria. While packing up her bag, Yujin pulled the phone out from her pocket and stared at it for a while. Out of curiousity, she pressed the lock button and saw a picture of a guy with a beautiful face structure, chocolate brown eyes, and a smile to die for. His blonde hair was perfectly straight, and she couldn't help but stare at the picture in awe.

'So this is the guy I bumped into...' She put the phone back into her pocket and walked out of class. When she reached her locker, she took out the phone again and looked at the photo. 'Now that I think of it...haven't I seen him somewhere before?'  She analysed the photo carefully, trying hard to think of all the possible people it could be, but nothing came to her. Yujin sighed and held the phone tightly in her hands. 'I guess I got to find this guy then.' While she was walking down the hallway, the phone suddenly began to ring. She looked at the caller ID. 'My love<3'

 "Oh ..."

 

"Ugh...I'm going to flip out if I don't find my ing ph-" Daehyun paused in his tracks at the sound of the music playing. It was so familiar to him that he moved to where the sound was coming from. He peeked around a corner and saw a girl with a worried expression holding a phone in her hands. Daehyun squinted his eyes to get a better look and he immediately noticed the shiny black case that the phone had. 'Who the is she, and why does she have my phone?'

Daehyun stepped out from the corner and cleared his throat loudly. The girl faced him and her eyes widened. Daehyun stepped foreword and tried to be as polite as possible. "Umm...I think you have my phone." The girl looked at the phone and back at him. She scratched her head sheepishly and gave an awkward smile.

"Oh yeah...I was just trying to find you. Here you go." She handed him hiis phone back and Daehyun cracked a smile.

"Thanks...umm..."

"My name's Yujin." She replied coolly.

Daehyun nodded and held out his hand. "I'm Daehyun, but you probably already knew that."

The girl just furrowed her eyebrows and shook her head, shaking his hand. "Actually, no I haven't," Daehyun's eyes widened in shock but Yujin just bowed, "I guess I'll be going then. Bye, Daehyun-ssi."

When she said goodbye, her name kept ringing through Daehyun's head. 'Where have I heard that name before...'

 

Yujin quickly walked off to the cafeteria and sat down in the corner where she always was. "Daehyun...Daehyun...Daehyun..." She puffed out her cheeks and sighed. "I've heard that name somewhere...but where?" She tapped her fingers on the table and slouched down in her chair. 'A lot of people have that name, don't they? So I shouldn't worry.' But, in fact, Yujin was worrying, and she couldn't help it.

 

Daehyun looked at his phone and it rang again. He giggled and answered it.

"Hey babe. Why are you calling during school?"

"Just checking up on you because you didn't answer a while ago. What happened? Got stuck in class again?"

"I'm not that much of a trouble maker."

"Sure you are. But since you're my pabo, I forgive you."

"Aish you're just lucky that you're my girlfriend."

"I know I'm lucky because I have the greatest person in the world~"

"Cheese ..."

"Excuse me, Mr. BabeILoveYouWithAllMyHeartAndIWillNeverLetYouGoForAsLongAsILive? I am not the cheese here."

"Whatever. Got to go now. Have to eat. Talk to you later, babe."

"Bye Daehyunnie~"

 

Daehyun hung up and smiled happily. 'I have such an awesome girlfriend.' With that, he started skipping happily to the cafeteria and sat down with his friends. They all looked at him weirdly and just continued eating, but Daehyun was to giggly to notice them. As he was pulling out his lunch from his bag, something caught his eye in the corner of the room. His face suddenly fell and his thoughts were jumbled up.

When he saw that person sitting in the corner of the room, all of his thoughts and memories came back to realisation. It reminded him so much of that girl, and maybe, just maybe...it was the girl that he thought he wouldn't see again. That the girl he bumped into just a few seconds ago filled out the emptiness in his brain and in his heart.

'Song Yujin...it's really you.'