Final

Run To You

I’m sorry but that’s just how it goes. If you don’t perform once then you most likely won’t be able to graduate.

I remembered my teacher’s words clearly, as I tried to strum my guitar. It’s my second year here in Seoul Arts University and I haven’t performed once. It’s mandatory for a student to perform monthly in order to graduate, but due to my stage fright, I’m not able to do that. Packing away my guitar, I walked down the halls with a glum look on my face, a few tears streaming down here and there.

If you are planning to perform, you only have one month to practice.

I shuddered as I felt a cold gush of air run behind the back of my neck.

“I wish I could be like him…” I sighed, wiping my tears away.

“Like whom?” a familiar voice asked, causing me to jump in surprise.  I turned around and saw him. Not only was Young Jun beautiful and popular, but he also very talented. He’s my long time crush since the beginning of high school, which is pretty bazaar, crushing on the same guy for almost 5 years.

“It’s nothing. H-How are you Young Jun?” I questioned him back with a smile.

“I’ve been better, just stressed out about next month’s performance.” The smile on my face immediately changes when I heard ‘next month’s performance’.  “Is something wrong Sakura-shi?”

“N-No, I’m fine,” Trying to cover up my mistake with a fake smile, I say my farewells before quickly walking off in the other direction, praying that he isn’t following me.

 

I was pretty shocked when I saw him once again at a café nearby my house. Hoping to avoid him, I order my Americano and try to walk out but was stopped by Young Jun’s group, LEDApple, who walks in.

“Sakura-shi!” Kyumin, the youngest of the group and also the vocalist, cries and hugs me. He’s very clingy if you haven’t noticed.

“I-It’s nice to see you too, Kyumin,” I reply.

“Come eat with us!” Hyoseok, the drummer says happily. I was about to decline when Hanbyul, the second oldest, drags me to where Young Jun was sitting.

“Order whatever you want, it’s on Young Jun hyung,” Kwangyeon exclaims, ignoring Young Jun’s protest.

“I-It’s fine, I have to get home anyways,” I try to decline but Kyumin and Hanbyul’s ageyo, melted my heart, making me stay.

 

After spending the afternoon with LEDApple, I found myself walking to the deserted park behind my house where I usually played when I was bored. Sitting down on the bench, I took out my guitar once again and started playing.

 

Haruga jinago dasi tto haruga sijakdwaedo
naege bichi dwaejueotdeon niga 
eobseo ajik nan eodum soge 
seo inneunde

ijeya neoreul jababoryeogo haedo
amuri naege doraorago haedo
han beonman dan han beon neol boryeo haedo nan
bicheul irheoseo amugeotdo bol suga eobseo

L L L L Lightless 
(Lightless) 
L L L L Lightless 
(Lightless)
L L L L Lightless 
Lightless

 

Clap, Clap, Clap I looked up and saw Young Jun towering over me.

“Oh gosh Young Jun, stop scaring me!” I exclaimed, putting a hand over my heart. He smiled, earning a slap on the arm from me.

“Your singing is beautiful,” he complimented, causing me to blush.

“T-Thanks, but yours is way better than mine,” I replied. He bursted into laugher.

“Me? No way, I can’t sing for the life of me,”

“Not true! You’re singing is just as good as Kyumin’s! You’re talented Young Jun!”

“As good as Kyumin’s huh…”

“Anyways, what are you doing here?” I asked him while strumming a beat on my guitar.

“Just killing some time; I have an hour before rehearsal starts,” he answered.

“Rehearsal? Like with the guys?”

He nodded and sat down beside me. “I heard from songsaengnim that you have to perform at next month’s performance,” Why did you change the topic Young Jun?! I mentally screamed.

Hesitating, I nodded, looking down at my guitar. “I can’t perform in front of people. I always get stage freight.”

“I get that sometimes, especially when it was my first time performing,”

“Sometimes I wonder if I have the talent to actually perform. Talented people are always able to succeed in life.”

“You are talented though Sakura and you will succeed,”

I looked up. “I-I beg your pardon?”

“You are talented, probably the best out of the whole school. Keep it that way, alright?” he smiled. My heart skipped a beat as his white teeth shown.

“If you’re scared to perform in front of people, practice in front of a small crowd and go from there.”

“I don’t know…” I mumbled.

“I could help you if you want,” he suggested.

“R-Really?! But what about your band? Don’t they need their guitarist?”

“Of course, but I can take some time off to help you. I could even get the whole band to help.”

“Thank you so much Young Jun!” I cried and hugged him. I swear my face turned bright red when I hugged him. He seemed startled, but soon wrapped his arms around me.

“No problem, Sakura.”

 

Third Person P.O.V

It was only hours away before the big performance. Everyone was getting ready along with LEDApple and a shaking Sakura.

“Hey hyung,” Hanbyul cried. Young Jun stopped turning his guitar and looked at the younger.

“What’s up?”

“You know, you should go ask her before someone else does,”

“What do you mean?”

Hanbyul pointed to Sakura who was sitting on a chair, hesitantly strumming her guitar. “We all know you’re crazy for her.”

Young Jun stared at him. His poker face turned into a smile. “Don’t worry, the song that we’re performing today will cover everything.”

 

 

It was finally Sakura’s turn. She slowly got onto the stage while positive thoughts ran through her head.

You can do this Sakura. Just like how you practiced. You can do it…

She quietly said ‘Fighting’ to herself and introduced herself.

“A-Annyeonghaseyo. Sakura imnida. The song that I’ll be performing today is called Lights Go On Again by BEAST/B2ST.”

 

She waited for the clapping to die down before sitting down in the stool. Adjusting the mic, she started strumming.

Yes sir lights go on again
Keep on and on and on
on and on and on


계속 헤매었지  어둠 속에서

Gye-sok he-mae-eott-ji gin eon-dum sok-e-seo

  줄기 빛이 닿는

Nan han jul-gi bich-i dah-neun

그곳에 닿기 위해서

Geu-gos-e dah-gi wi-hae-seo

 이제 시간이 왔음에

Nan i-je shi-gan-i wass-eum-e

가쁜  가다듬고

Ga-bbun sum ga-da-deum-go

너희들 앞에 당당히 설게

Neo-heui-deul ap-e dang-dang-hi seol-ge

아무리 힘들어도 지쳐서 쓰러져도

A-mu-ri him-deul-eo-do ji-chyeo-seo sseu-reo-jyeo-do

나를 다시 비춰주는 

Na-reul da-shi bi-chweo-ju-neun bit

포기하고 싶어도 도망치려고 해봐도

Po-gi-ha-go ship-eo-do do-mang-chi-ryeo-go hae-bwa-do

 향해  환하게

Nal hyang-hae deo hwan-ha-ge

나를 다시 비춰주는 

Na-reul da-shi bi-chweo-ju-neun bit

지금 불이 켜지면 다시 나를 밝히면

Ji-geum bul-i kyeo-ji-myeon da-shi na-reul balk-hi-myeon

 몸을 다시 일으켜

Nae mom-eul da-shi il-eu-kyeo

Lights go on again

lights go on again


다시 빛을 비추면 다시 나를 깨우면

Da-shi bich-eul bi-chu-myeon da-shi na-reul ggae-u-myeon

 마음을 다시 움직여

Nae ma-eum-eul da-shi um-jik-yeo

Lights go on again
lights go on again
Oh lights go on again
Oh oh lights go on again yeah
Oh lights go on again
Oh oh lights go on again on again

 

 

 

“Kamsamida,” Sakura bowed and quickly got off the stage.

“omo! Sakura-shi! You did it!” LEDApple congradulated her. They all gave her a group hug with large smiles on their faces.

“Gomawo,” Sakura said. “Good luck you guys.”

They all bowed to her and got ready to go on stage.

 

“Annyeonghaseyo, we are… LEDApple!” the group introduced themselves, earning shouts from the crowds.

“Today we’ll be performing our song Run to You. This song is dedicated to a very sweet girl out there, who performed for the first time. She’s an amazing singer and guitarist and we hope to work with her again someday.”

Sakura blushed. Is that me that they’re talking about…? Omo…

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCc-wj5MuYs

 

Baby baby run to you

Nan neoppuniya lady

Lallalallalla lalla

Nae gyeoteuro wa oneul bam

Run to you

Naega neol jikkyeo julkke

Lallalallalla lalla

Naneun niga piryohae

OH come on!

 

Samageui mul cheoreom

Bamhaneul dal cheoreom

Neoneun jeoltae jeogiya

Naegen neoppuniya

 

All right! Naeui soneul jabajweo

All right! Tteugeob dorok anajweo

Deonjyeojin jusawingeol

Shijageun dwaesseo

 

Baby baby run to you

Nan neoppuniya lady

Lallalallalla lalla

Nae gyeoteuro wa oneul bam

Run to you

Naega neol jikkyeo julkke

Lallalallalla lalla

Naneun niga piryohae

OH come on girl! OH OH

 

All right! Domangchiji marajweo

All right! Mireo naeji marajweo

Nae insaengeui deurama

Juin goneun neo

 

Baby baby run to you

Nan neoppuniya lady

Lallalallalla lalla

Nae gyeoteuro wa oneul bam

Run to you

Naega neol jikkyeo julkke

Lallalallalla lalla

Naneun niga piryohae

OH come on!

 

Neol mannagijeon nae insaengeun pungrang

Machi neon jonggyo gata jeoldae jeogin naeui sarang

Oneulbam jeo dari kkok bichweo juneun saram

Jigeumman bureowado seolleineun baram

Jigeum kkeot haeyo sarang iran seulpeun molgeopum

Tainege boyeo jineun ginyeompum

Ireohke sambaek yukshib oh il sumcha dorok maeil

Neoreul hyanghae dallyeo

Run to you

 

Pureun dalbichi tteuneun bam OH~

Sarangeul soksagyeo jullae OOH

 

All right! Ojik neo hana ppuniya

All right! Jigeum naegen ojik

Neoran yeojaga jeonbuingeol~

 

Run to you

Ni apeseo isseulke

Lallalallalla lalla

Eonjekkajina ni gyeote

Run. To. You.

Naega neol jikkyeo julkke

Lallalallalla lalla

Naneun niga piryohae

Baby run to you

 

 

 

Backstage

“Wah! You guys were amazing!” praised Sakura as she gave a hug to each member.

“Gomawo, Sakura-shi!” they all thanked her. Hanbyul nudged Young Jun, giving him a wink before the rest of the members walked off, leaving the guitarist and Sakura alone.

“What was that about?” Sakura asked. Young Jun blushed and shrugged. “Wah! You’re face is red! Are you burning up?” Sakura touched Young Jun’s forehead with her hand, then retraced. Before she could do anything else, Young Jun embraced her into a hug.

“W-Wha…”

“Let’s just stay like this for a while…”

Sakura’s eyes widened, but soon, she closed her eyes and hugged back.

“Sakura…?”

“Neh?”

“Saranghae…”

And with that, the two passionately kissed. 

 

 

 

Word Count: 1,772