Inkigayo

진주 - Jinju

The day of their Inkigayo performance, the girls felt like everything was blurring all around them. They woke up early, went to the studio and practice until they couldn't anymore for fear of not being able to move during their debut stage.

     Debuting felt odd. Sure they had already released their single and would soon release their music video, the thought of performing it in front of strangers for the first time was a frightening thing. No matter their confidence in their abilities, in their performance, the nagging thought in the back of their mind was that they would be underwhelming.

     Their song had already gotten a lot of hype, from the moment it released and, while they were a far amount away from number 1, they still took comfort in the fact they didn't need to be number 1 to feel the happiness they felt then. 14,000 copies in Korea alone in the first day. If they did well on their debut stage at Inkigayo, they could even sell more. The thought alone made them nervous. More nervous than knowing that in less than four hours, they would be performing for so many on Inkigayo for the very first time. They were on their way to Inkigayo for rehearsals and a special interview. Their very first interview since their auditions to Joo Entertainment. That would come first, before their rehearsals and the stage they would be debuting on.

   For Inkigayo, they were one of the three debuting artists. They didn't know much about who else would be debuting but they did know who would be on Inkigayo as well. It was apparently a female artist special stage which SNSD, F(x), A-Pink and other already debuted girl groups would be performing on. The thought alone, knowing they would be performing on the same episode with girl groups with much more established fanbases, made them feel more and more nervous.

    "We're here," Li Na said before she gave the driver, her husband of four years, Park Dae-jung, a kiss on the cheek. The girls exited the van and made their way to their dressing room following behind Li Na. Their dressing room was in between the dressing rooms of Hwang Boram, a debuting solo singer and another solo singer, Lee MoRa.

   They quietly began preparing themselves for their time in front of the camera. The nervous feelings they had only grew. What would happen if they were bad? As rookies that was something that could completely ruin that reputations in the future. They dove into their thoughts before shaking them off and getting ready for their stage.

    "Okay,” Sora said, finishing the last touches on her makeup. Sora had opted for a more mature feeling outfit, still her signature style of course, and a moderate amount of makeup. Soralee seemed the least nervous of the group. Hyejae sighed as she applied the finishing touches on her own outfit. She was one of the two that had opted to go completely makeup free, Soo Eul being the other. The other girls all had light makeup on with Aerin opting to wear only lip gloss and eyeshadow.

    A knock on the door drew their attention. After checking to make sure the girls were ready, Sora answered it and moved out of the way. A woman peeked in, “You girls ready? You have to be on stage in five.”

  “Yeah, we're ready,” Soralee said. It was time.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The debut stage had finished with rather positive results and the girls trudged back to their dressing rooms feeling rather tired. Li Na smiled at them as she handed them water bottles, “You guys did great out there.”

She giggled slightly at the groans that answered her. “When we get back to Joo Entertainment, the boss has something interesting to tell you."

“Something interesting?” Sunhi parroted.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yeah, this wound up being a filler, sorry. But I have some really interesting ideas for the following, none music-tv related chapters.

 

Moment of inspiration: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0snNB1yS3IE

  I'm pretty much in love with this performance of Sarah Kay's poetry. She's pretty inspirational so I wanted to share it for those of you who haven't seen it yet.