Chapter 5

A Hateful Kind of Love
DongHae's POV
 
     I watched as HyukJae ran down the hall and a corner. Once I was nearly certain that he wasn't able to hear my voice, I faced HeeChul.
 
     "Ugh, What the hell, HeeChul?!?!" I yelled.
 
     "What?" He picked at his nails, already seeming disinterested in a conversation he merely said one word in. I furrowed my eyebrows and lowered my pitch, in the case someone was nearby.
 
     "You took it way too far!"
 
     "What the hell!? How was I supposed to know that the ding-a-ling didn't have a father?"
 
     "So you don't have any sympathy?"  I asked, shocked.
 
     "No. None at all."
 
     I sighed. Sometimes HeeChul can be too much.
 
     "And besides, DongHae, since when have you started caring for him, huh?" He asked, a mocking smirk etched into his features. It was hard to not smack his face right then and there, but I pushed through and instead, I ran in the direction HyukJae did. He must be in the office, as his mother works as an assistant there.
 
     I was panting like a dog by the time I was at the front office.
 
     "Excuse me, miss?" I addressed the lady at the front desk. She gazed up from her paperwork and smiled. I returned the expression. 
 
     "Uhh.. Is a student here by the name of 'Lee HyukJae'?" I asked, smile never faltering. Her's did, though.
 
     "Oh, yes. He came in crying, poor thing. He's with his mother right now, I don't know if it's correct to let you interf-"
 
     "Oh, please? I need to see how he's doing. I was near when the incident happened, so possibly I can help." I honestly have no idea what I'm thinking at the moment, caring for someone such as HyukJae. Maybe.. maybe it's because I can relate somewhat.
 
     The lady gave me a questioning stare, and I simply smiled back, assuring it was the most beautiful smile she will ever see.
     "Uhhhh. Ok-okay. You can go. But f they tell you to leave, leave." I nodded and zipped for the door holding HyukJae and his mother. I knocked.
     Muffled words were heard on the other side of the door before it opened, displaying HyukJae's distressed mother.
 
     "DongHa-"
 
     "Mrs-Ms-M-Mrs. Lee. Please let me see your son. This was all my fault. I want to make it better." I begged. She had a skeptical mask on her face and politely refused, but I was stubborn (As much as I'd hate to admit) and insisted. I pulled out many excuses and lies in order to get through to her, until she finally caved.
     "Alright, DongHae. I trust you. But if you go any further in hurting my baby, I swear I will-"
 
     "Yes ma'am." I quickly replied. I don't want to hear the rest, honestly.
 
     She hesitantly exited her office as I entered it. HyukJae.
 
     He was curled up on a small leather couch in the corner, his head hidden in his arms. I heard soft sniffles and small sobs. Ugh, my heart. It's actually hurting. I gently addressed him a few times but received no response. He simply shook his head and curled into an even tighter ball. I sighed.
 
     "HyukJae. I want to apologize on HeeChul's behalf. He didn't mean those things and he also had no idea you didn't have a father. Uhhh. So, will you speak to me now and tell me how you feel?" I shyly asked. What the hell?!!? Since when did I become a coward that can't talk to other teenage men correctly? I might have to get therapy for this. Oh my goodness, what if something's wrong with me? What if I'm DYING?!? Or worse... what if I'm becoming a ing loser?! Oh my- My reputation would be screwed if-
 
     "DongHae!"
 
     "Powerpuf- Wait, what the hell!? HyukJae! Who taught you to scare people like that?!?!" I screamed. His eyes widened in fear and more tears trickled down his red cheeks before he shoved his face back into his arms. Okay, maybe this wasn't my smoothest moment. 
 
     I slowly creeped towards the leather couch being certain not to make any noise while doing so. Once I reached the area beside his head, I crouched so my eyes were at his level and I lightly rubbed his back, massaging him. My voice became low and nearly inaudible.
 
     "Hey, HyukJae. If this brings any comfort... I don't have a father either." I said. My eyes glazed over with salty tears at the memory, but there was no time for that because here we are, me and HyukJae, staring into each other's eye- wait.. when did he-
     "Are you serious, DongHae? Is your father... You really don't have one?"
 
     "No." I answered. Instincts soon took over and eventually, I found a silent HyukJae held tightly in my arms. I truthfully had the slightest clue of what I was committing to. This is HyukJae. Lee ing HyukJae. Captain of the rejects with test scores lower than the Dead Sea, and frankly, I'm not very fond of it. I don't know what was in him that made me so attached to him, but it was beginning freaking me out.
 
     "H-HyukJae. It's really warm in here. D-do you think we could go to one of the classrooms?"
 
     "Are you okay?"
 
     "Yeah. But the classrooms are much more free, and since school is over, the rooms might be cooler." I lied. I actually had no idea what the hell I was talking about, but I needed space.
 
-
     My feet skidded across the smooth floors of the classroom in anxiousness. HyukJae had been speaking about something for the past 10 minutes and I couldn't bring myself to stop him. He just looked so joyous now, and it would be rude to interrupt.
     HeeChul's words seemed to have put a dent in me.
 
      And besides, DongHae, since when have you started caring for him, huh?
 
     It's not that I care for HyukJae, right? I just... I can relate. Maybe, I-... No. No, that couldn't possibly be it. I don't.. like him right? A-as a friend of course.. unless.... No. No, no, no, no. I don't even like him as a friend, let alone.... THAT. Impossible. I'm not even gay.
 
 

NO ONE'S POV

 
 
     "DongHae!" HyukJae whined. DongHae snapped out of his senseless thoughts and faced a confused HyukJae. The other panicked, not catching what EunHyuk had asked.
 
     "Uh, yeah. Right, whatever. Anyways, HyukJae. I-I think you should leave."
 
     "W-what?"
 
     "Um. I have work to do and I must do it alone. S-sorry this got cut off so short. We'll see about tomorrow." DongHae shakily said. Disappointment became evident on EunHyuk's face before he chose walked towards the other's body, then stood far too close for comfort.
 
     "Um Before I go, DongHae, there's something I need to tell you. Once I tell you, i-it's completely okay for you to hate me more than you already do, but I have to get it off of my chest."
 
     "U-uhhhh, You know what? It's okay HyukJae. You can tell me tomorrow, just leave please." DongHae was becoming frantic. His thoughts were getting the best of him.
 
     "No, please, Dong-"
 
     "HyukJae, I told you to leave. Go Away!"
 
     "But, I-"
 
     "No, HyukJae, just leave me alone!"
 
     DongHae decided to flee the class himself, leaving EunHyuk to speak to an empty room.
 
 
 
 
"But, I love you."
 
 
__________________________
 
Ahhhh! This isn't good whatsoever.