Exhales Tears

Denial
It had been four weeks, since Taekwoon had really seen Tori outside of school, the last time being the morning after he returned her keys and the both of them finished their partner assignment. For the past few weeks, running into each other were some of the most awkward and uneasy moments for Taekwoon and Tori both, the memory of what almost happened between them replaying in their heads constantly, the memory of what happened at the cafe growing in their minds. Everyday, for practically a month, Taekwoon and Tori dwelled on those two moment in their lives, thinking about how things would have been had Taekwoon never opened his mouth to answer Hakyeon's accusation. How it would have been had Taekwoon answered truthfully. But none of the thoughts were helping them move forward in their daily lives, if anything, the thoughts that Taekwoon and Tori dwelt on were knocking them back a few hundred steps. They just couldn't find it with in them to forget, because at the end of the day, it was hard for one to forget the person they loved. Even though Taekwoon and Tori were at somewhat of a stalemate, they did their best to act civil. Taekwoon and Tori tried their hardest to make it as pleasant as possible when they were together in the same room, they tried their absolute best to keep things mutual and friendly, but when the one thing that was keeping two people that loved each other apart has not been said, every day that those three words went unsaid, were like walking through hell and would continue to be so until the words were finally spoken.
 
Taekwoon laid in bed motionless, no intention of getting up what so ever, 
 
What was the point...it's not like I am going anywhere today... Taekwoon thought somberly, his heart sinking at the sudden feeling of loneliness. For a while there was never that feeling of loneliness to dwell inside of Taekwoon because Tori was always there with him, they were always together doing something, anything, everything. But now, he had nothing, and even if he did want to go out with his friends, his heart would not let him, because Taekwoon knew, as well as anyone else, that Tori would be there with Jaehwan, and he was not prepared to see the couple together, not yet. Not when Tori still owned all of his heart. With a small sigh and a groan, Taekwoon grabbed his pillow and used it to cover his face, frustrated with everything and everyone around him.  Not too long after Taekwoon took his pillow and muffled his sighs, did his phone start to ring, the obnoxious sound only making him all the more irritated. Taekwoon sat up abruptly and grabbed his phone, glancing down at the screen with a grimace on his face, 
 
HYUNG (HAKYEON) The screen glowed, a groan leaving Taekwoon's throat as he slid a finger over the glass screen and placed his phone to his ear.
 
"Yeoboseyo?" Taekwoon spat. He was sure that an excessive amount of annoyance was present in his voice simply because of Hakyeon's reaction, 
 
"Ah!! What's bothering you kid? You sound troubled..." Hakyeon chuckled into Taekwoon's ear, his tone turning serious not two seconds afterward.
 
"Nothing...what do you want Hakyeon?" Taekwoon breathed, rubbing a hand over his face as he waited for the older to respond, 
 
"Touchy aren't we? Well whatever, I was just calling to see if you wanted to go ice skating with us...we'll be leaving in about an hour... then we are going out for a bite to eat. So...how about it?" Taekwoon looked around his room, he hadn't done a thing all day, he had not seen anyone all day, and the idea of going out with his friends sounded the least bit enjoyable. But Taekwoon knew, that when Hakyeon said we, he meant himself, Ravi, Hyuk, Hongbin, Jaehwan, and last but not least, Tori. And Taekwoon did not want to be anywhere near the budding couple, not when his heart was taking such a long time to heal, if it ever would heal that is. 
 
"I can't...I have to um...i have to help Mr. Park prepare for tomorrow's exam...looks like you'll ha-" Hakyeon snorted at Taekwoon's quick and hesitant response, knowing all too well that he was only turning down the offer to hamg out with them because of Tori.
 
"...what are you running from Taekwoon? Huh? Are you running from Tori, because... I'm telling you... the more you run from her...the harder it will be for you to get back to her...the harder it will be on your heart...on her heart... " Taekwoon fell dead silent, Hakyeon's comment stinging his heart, rendering him breathless, and dumbstruck, lost for words.
 
...it already is hard on my heart...and I know it's hard on hers... Taekwoon thought as he focused on breathing, his heart still aching at Hakyeon's blunt and truthful comment, his mind flickering to images of Tori's red eyes when she came back into his apartment that evening when they almost kissed.
 
...I need to see her. Taekwoon thought, his eyes shutting as image after image of Tori bombarded his mind. The slight feeling of her thick supple lips brushing airy over his, the jolt of electricity that coursed through his body at their every moment of skin contact,  all of it washing over him at once, her voice but a faint whisper in the distance.
 
"...I'm not running from anyo-" Hakyeon exhaled heavily,
 
"Taekwoon we haven't seen you in a month! But of course...you're not running from anyone...you're just what then? Hiding? Thinking? Sulking? Hesitating?" Taekwoon clenched his hand into a fist and pressed it into his thigh, baring his teeth as a growl surfaced in his throat.
 
"...I'll be there...arasseo?" Taekwoon whispered softly, his tone taking on a bit of an edge. Hakyeon knew that he hit a nerve when he mentioned Tori's name, but what kind of friend would he be if he let Taekwoon wallow in his misery, if he let his friend run away from a problem he ultimately created, if he let him lose the girl he had so clearly fallen in love with? Any one could see that Tori and Taekwoon had it bad for one another, that one meeting they all had enough to confirm that the two were madly in love. Hakyeon will never forget how bright Taekwoon's face was when he saw him enter that cafe, the gorgeous girl's small hand hidden inside of is, smiles as vivid as the sun wide across their lips. It was a sight to see, Taekwoon and Tori. Never has Hakyeon seen two people look at each other the way Taekwoon and Tori looked at each other, and there was no way he was going to let his friend's pride and cowardice get the best of him, he was not going to allow his friend to let the love of his life slip away.
 
"Yes! Cool! Alright, see you at 7:30!" With that Hakyeon hung up the phone,  Taekwoon sighing heavily as he pondered about what it was he just agreed to do, as he thought about what it was he planned to do when he met up with the guys, when he stood face to face with Tori.  Running his fingers through his hair, Taekwoon stood up to his feet, glancing between his dresser, closet, and the bathroom, processing in his head what it was he needed to do first, prioritizing his list of things to complete before he could step out of his door to head for the ice skating rink. With out a second thought, Taekwoon walked across his room and grabbed a pair of socks and boxers before going over to his closet and pulling out a pair of light tan khaki pants, a long sleeved shirt, a scarf, a sweater, and his coat. Taekwoon laid his entire outfit out on the bed and looked at it one time, nodding his head slightly before grabbing a towel and disappearing into his bathroom to wash.
 
It took Taekwoon about a full hour to get cleaned up and dressed, the clock showing a safe time of 7:08, the perfect amount of time left that he needed to get to the skating park. Slipping his coat over his arms and buttoning it up, Taekwoon headed for his door, grabbing his keys and wallet along the way and sliding them into his pocket. Taekwoon was anxious to meet up with his friends, mainly so he could meet up with Tori,  the notion of finally ending their little stand off present in his mind. In fact, the entire time it took for Taekwoon to get to the skating rink, he found himself thinking about the moment that he tells Tori that he loved her, the moment she became his. As Taekwoon approached the entrance to the skating rink, he could see Ravi and Hongbin standing outside, the both of them chatting intently, their eyes searching the bunches of people who entered the large building.
 
They must be waiting for everyone else to arrive... Taekwoon thought as he approached them, their heads turning toward him, their lips turning up into bright smiles.
 
"Ah! Taekwoon you made it!" Ravi exclaimed,  his hands buried deep into his pockets, his face red and stiff,  the cold was kicking his .
 
"Annyeong Taekwoon." Hongbin mused,
 
"It's cold. Why are you guys standing out here?" Ravi and Hongbin exchanged quick glances before looking at Taekwoon,
 
"We were just waiting for everyone else to show up. I mean me and Hongbin were sitting inside at first but got bored watching everyone else skate." Taekwoon nodded his head,
 
"Uh huh, okay. So, where's everyone else?" Ravi pulled out his phone,
 
"Hakyeon said he'll be here in five...he went by to go get Hyuk, and Jaehwan said he and Tori would be here soon, they are walking up the street." Taekwoon looked over his shoulder then, his heart racing at the thought of seeing Tori and Jaehwan so suddenly. 
 
Why are you so surprised Taekwoon, if you would have left any later you just would have run into them on your way here. At least now you have a bit more time to prepare for the moment you see them...together.... Taekwoon looked forward at Hongbin and Ravi, flashing them a small smile, 
 
"I'm going inside..." Taekwoon said abruptly, taking long smooth strides inside of the building, his mind still churning as he tried to set himself straight before Tori and Jaehwan arrived. Hongbin and Ravi came walking in right after Taekwoon, the both of them walking over to where he was stand at the glass, absently watching the kids and parents, the groups of friends and couples, skating around in circles, cutting across the ice, giggles erupting from their lips.
 
Pathetic. Taekwoon thought as he watched a couple skate, hand in hand, giggling to their hearts content, the male pulling the girl into his arms and hugging her tightly. 
 
When did i begin to resent love? Taekwoon thought as he turned his eyes away from the scene, stuffing his hands into his pockets and sighing deeply.
 
"There he is!" Ravi exclaimed as he and Hongbin hurried over to meet Taekwoon by the glass, 
 
"Hakyeon and Hyuk are here." Taekwoon looked over Ravi's shoulder to see the two males hastening inside, both their faces red from being out in the cold wind, their lips turned up into wide smiles, 
 
"You guys are terrible friends....the least you could have done was wait for us at the door...not run away!" Hakyeon exclaimed as he glared at both Hongbin and Wonsik, Hyuk paying the three men no attention and branching off to go say hello to Taekwoon.
 
"Oh! I didn't know you were coming Taekwoon!" Taekwoon nodded his head and smiled softly, 
 
"Hakyeon....he um...he talked me into it..." Hyuk stuck his hands in his pockets, leaning against the cool glass of the window looking out at the rink. He knew that Tori and Jaehwan were going to be there as a couple, so the fact that Taekwoon came even with that factor at hand, shocked Hyuk. Looking away from the people skating Hyuk peered over at Taekwoon and grinned, his hyung was so strong, he didn't know what he would do in Taekwoon's situation, especially considering that he amd Tori shared such a close bond. Just the thought of seeing the girl that he had grown so close to, that he had grown to love, with another guy, his friend, made Hyuk ill. Shaking his head free of the image, Hyuk parted his lips to speak, 
 
"Well that's good...I don't know what I would do if you would have left me here with those three..." Hyuk tried his best to take Taekwoon's mind off of Tori, who he was sure he was thinking about, with a little weak attempt at a joke. Taekwoon looked over at Hyuk and smiled, he could tell that the younger boy was trying to make him feel better, he could feel his genuine efforts as he attempted to take his mind off of Tori. 
 
"...i couldn't do that..." Taekwoon nudged Hyuk's shoulder, nodding for him to follow him to get a pair of ice skates. Hyuk nodded his head and smiled triumphantly, proud of himself for helping his hyung ease his mind, happy that he took away some of the pain eating at his heart, even if it were only for a quick second. Taekwoon and Hyuk were engrossed in light conversation on their way to get skates, not at all paying attention to the commotion going on behind them. Tori and Jaehwan both arrived a few minutes after Hyuk and Taekwoon left to go get their skates, bright smiles on both their faces, Hongbin, Ravi, and Hakyeon rushing over to greet them.
 
Taekwoon and Hyuk both turned around from the counter, skates dangling from their hands and beagn back to their original spot, only to see the others crowded around a couple. Taekwoon stopped dead in his tracks the moment he saw Tori, that bright smile of hers spreading across her full supple lips, lips that he almost truly kissed a month ago, lips he could not erase from his memory, not matter how hard he tried, no matter how much he wanted them gone. Hyuk glanced up at Taekwoon, his eyes wide and innocent as he noted the tension  in his hyung's face, as he noted just how swiftly the atmosphere became somewhat hostile. Glimpsing over at Tori and Jaehwan, Hyuk knew right away how much of a challenge it was going to be for Taekwoon to remain cool this evening. 
 
I thought she liked Taekwoon? Hyuk thought as he nudged his hyung's arm and motioned for him to tag along as he went over to great Tori and Jaehwan. 
 
"No I'll just go and find us some lockers..." Taekwoon said, his voice cold, his words clipped, Hyuk could tell he was upset, and he couldn't blame him either. If it were Hyuk in his situation, he did not know how he would react, or what kinds of emotions would be running through him, the simple knowledge of knowing the girl he developed feelings for was seeing one of his friends painful to even ponder about. Hyuk let out a heavy exasperated breath, his tongue darting across his pink lips,
 
"...it's only going to get harder if you prolong this....just...just go over there, say hello and then we can go look for lockers while they grab their skates." Taekwoon glanced at Hyuk and groaned lowly, his eyebrows knitting together with irritation, his heart beating rapidly in his chest at the thought of approaching Tori after what happened last time. 
 
"Taekwoon..." Hyuk warned as he watched the older shake his head. Taekwoon sighed softly and glanced over at Tori to see her peering over at him, her normally bright eyes, saddened and dark.
 
Is that what i do to you Tori? Do I make you miserable? Taekwoon thought as both he and Tori held eye contact, a painful smile tugging at his lips, 
 
"Okay..." Taekwoon muttered quietly, Hyuk glancing over to see Tori looking in their direction, to see her holding eye contact with the older boy. Averting his eyes suddenly, Hyuk began his way over to the group, Taekwoon following in behind him.
 
"Hey Jaehwan! Hey Tori! What have you two been up too? Glad you could make it...." Hyuk chirped as he gave Jaehwan a quick hug and then moved over to give the small girl a big warm hug, squeezing her until she squeaked. 
 
"Oh Hyuk! I missed you too kid, now let me go...i can't breathe..." Tori muttered as her head began to grow light, she and Hyuk were pretty close considering they were the same age, the both of them often texting each other about random everyday things. They even made it a point to meet each other up during the week, just chatting it up over a latte or lunch. 
 
"Oh sorry, haha, I've been good...i took your advice and went for a run a few days ago. I see why you do it so often...it is hmm...refreshing...." Tori giggled, 
 
"See I told you." Tori retorted, her eyes traveling to settle on Taekwoon as he just stood there watching her, his eyes trained on her face as she spoke with Hyuk. 
 
"...hey Taekwoon....ho-how have you been?" Tori's voice was much quieter than it was when she was talking to Hyuk, and her eyes were trained on the floor instead of on Taekwoon's face like they normally were when they spoke to one another.
 
"I've been...better...how about you? You've been well I hope..." Taekwoon found himself saying more than he intended to say as curiosity got the best of him. Truth be told, Taekwoon missed Tori, he missed seeing her beautiful round face, hearing her sweet melodic voice, watching those lovely lips of hers curl up into that magnificent smile she possessed,  he missed everything about her. He didn't know how much longer he'd be able to go without talking or acknowledging Tori, he felt for her too much to completely cut her off from his life. Peering down at Tori, Taekwoon could tell that she was having a hard time producing a response, he could see the emotions glistening in her eyes, just like the tears he were responsible for causing did. 
 
"...I've been...well...just a little...tired I guess..." Tori's voice was soft and gentle, her eyes sparkling with tears that she did not want to fall, that she did not intend develop. Tori in a shaky breath and looked up at Taekwoon, her hands shaking and her body trembling. Tori really was not feeling well.
 
"...you haven't been pushing yourself too hard have you?" Taekwoon asked suddenly as he looked up into Tori's eyes, noticing just how tired she looked, taking  note of the way her hands and body trembled. Despite the exhaustion, that had become a norm, tugging at her body, Tori felt her heart shattering as the concern in Taekwoon's voice settled on her mind, 
 
Why does he even care so much? Tori thought as she brought her shaking hands up to her eyes, wiping away the tears that were collected at her bottom lashes.
 
"...i'm fine Taekwoon...you'd know if I was working myself too hard...you'd know if I weren't feeling okay..." Tori whispered harshly, not entirely sure where the sudden burst of hostility came from. She hated to admit it, but Taekwoon was right, she had been working herself too hard, and all so she could forget about him and the relationship they had developed over the time being together. If she wasn't spending hour after hour running, she was up until three in the morning trying hard not to think about Taekwoon. But it was all inevitable, because no matter when or where, if she wanted it to happen or not, she found herself thinking about Taekwoon. Even when Tori was with Jaehwan, she found herself thinking about Taekwoon. Which made it all the more difficult for her to stand there in front of him and pretend everything was fine and dandy, because they weren't, things were far from fine. Tori missed Taekwoon with all of her heart, and to hear him speaking to her with such concern in his voice, made her want to cry. Taekwoon watched as Tori's heavily lidded eyes fell shut,  as she brought a hand up to the temple of her head, she had not been doing well and he knew it. Just looking into her face Taekwoon knew that Tori had not been doing what she needed to care for herself properly.
 
"Tori? Are you alright? Do you need to go sit down?" Taekwoon asked, reaching forward to grab her hand but she flinched and pulled away.
 
"I'm fine, Taekwoon..." Tori spat as she took a few steps back toward Jaehwan, who had been engulfed in conversation with Hakyoen, Ravi, and Hongbin.
 
"...Don't you dare lie to me Tori! You are not okay!" Taekwoon exclaimed in response, drawing the attention of Hakyoen, Jaehwan, Ravi, Hongbin, and Hyuk. Tori stopped in her tracks and turned back around to face Taekwoon, her eyes narrowed, her lips pursed.
 
"...I have nothing to lie to you about Taekwoon...so do me a favor and stop worrying about me okay?" Tori spat before taking rushed steps toward Jaehwan, attempting to run away from Taekwoon. But Taekwoon was swift, and began after her almost as soon as she walked off, reaching out and taking her wrist up in his hand. 
 
"...Taekwoon you better let go of me or i wi-" Taekwoon yanked Tori close, hoisting her up onto her tiptoes so that her face was a tad closer to his, 
 
"Or you'll what? Hit me!? Go ahead...do it...I deserve don't I?" Taekwoon breathed, his eyes delving into Tori's soul. He didn't know what it was that had gotten into him, all Taekwoon knew, was at that moment he was not going to let anything hold him back from saying what he needed to say to Tori. Nothing was going to keep him from letting Tori how he really felt about her, even if that meant taking a couple of blows from her, or his friends. Taekwoon watched as the tears glittered in Tori's eyes, he listened as she stuttered her response, her trembling lips clear evidence that she was being hesitant, that she was being overcome with emotions, emotions that would not be bubbling within her had he not been foolish with his words. 
 
"Don't i deserve it!? After what i did to you, don't you think I deserve to be hit? To be punished? Huh?" Taekwoon said, shaking Tori a bit. All around, innocent bystanders watched as Taekwoon handled Tori, as he allowed his frustration for himself to get the best of him. 
 
"I don't know what you're talking about Taekwoon..." Tori sobbed as she peered up into Taekwoon's face. All of the hurt, and pain that was stored inside of Tori's heart, reflecting in Taekwoon's face, in his eyes. 
 
"You know exactly what i am talking about Tori! Don't act stupid! Do you even know how hard it is for me to be facing you right now!? After what i did...after what I said, do you even know how difficult it is for me to stand here in front of you?" Taekwoon asked, his voice stressed as he resisted the urge to shout.
 
"...i wish i didn't know what you were talking about..." Tori whispered, trying to pull her hand out of Taekwoon's hand, 
 
"...please...just let me go..." Taekwoon shook his head at Tori's soft spoken request, 
 
"...I can't do that...I can never let you go...no matter how much i try..." Tori stared into Taekwoon's face, her cheeks growing warm and her heart beat increasing in speed. 
 
"Why are you saying this Taekwoon? Just stop! It's already hard enough knowing your disposition of me...of us...so why say something like that? Why stand here in front of me, talking as if you...as if i'm more to you than just a friend. You can never let me go?! Pft! Last time i checked, it was pretty easy to let a friend go." Tori spat, her voice laced with so much venom, that those around them listening in knew something major was going on between the couple. Taekwoon brought his unoccupied hand up and rubbed it across his face, 
 
"...but you are more to me, than just a friend Tori...you're...you're much more...and I..." Taekwoon could feel his throat tightening up as the words surfaced in his mouth, 
 
Why am I freezing up like this!? Taek, just say it! Tell her! Looking over at his group of friends, their eyes wide as they watched him and Tori talk, Taekwoon could not help but get even more chocked up. They were all there last time he slipped up and said that he and Tori were just friend, every single one of them with the exception of Jaehwan, who had just walked in when all hell broke loose. Now they were all here, standing motionless, watching Taekwoon and Tori's emotional scene, Jaehwan's mouth partially agape, his hands trembling as he internally contemplated whether or not to intervene. Taekwoon peered down into Tori's eyes, 
 
It is now...or never... Taekwoon thought as he looked all around at the audience he and Tori had acquired, his nerves getting worse as the seconds passed, as the eyes lingered on them. Shaking his head and glancing down at Tori, Taekwoon pulled her toward the exit, his legs springing into a swift run, causing the girl to fall behind quiet some bit.
 
"Taekwoon what are you doing?! Slow down!" Tori screamed as she bumped into some people, her eyesight blurred as tears rushed out of her eyes. She did not know it would be so hard to face Taekwoon again, that even after four weeks of keeping their distance, that she'd break down the moment she heard his voice and felt his touch. Once the couple was outside, Taekwoon pulled Tori over away from the entrance, pushing her up against the brick wall, placing a hand on the wall on each side of her, trapping her between his arms and body. Inhaling deeply, Taekwoon parted his lips to speak, the chilly winds biting harshly into his skin. Tori looked so tired, so beat, like she had been out running for day on end, nonstop, she looked drained and lifeless. And it was all Taekwoon's fault. Tori shrank back into the wall as the wind slapped her in the face, rendering her momentarily breathless, 
 
"...Ta-Taekwoon...why are we out here?...look i do-don't have time for your nonsense...it's fre-" Tori stuttered as the wind tore into her skin. Inhaling once more, Taekwoon moved his lips to speak, cutting the girl off mid complaint.
 
"...Tori i am... so sorry for hurting you...and i mean that with all of my heart. You don't know how hard it has been for me...to see you and not elicit a smile from you, but a frown. You don't know how hard it was going to sleep, every night, knowing that you were just next door and that I could not see you without upsetting you...without hurting you...and seeing you with Jaehwan it just..." Taekwoon paused for a bit as he d his mind for what to say next, watching as Tori, now racked her brain for a response, her lips trembling as a new wave of tears crashed over her. 
 
"Taek-Taekwoon please you don't hav-" Taekwoon cut Tori off again, 
 
"Tori I miss you....I miss you so much...I miss....being with you...spending time with you...I miss your laugh and that amazing smile...I miss your eyes gorgeous eyes and that sweet voice of yours...and it's only been four weeks....four weeks....and honestly, I don't think i'd be able to make it another day without letting you know how I feel...how i truly feel..." Taekwoon allowed his voice to die off as the wind whipped around him and Tori. Shutting his eyes, Taekwoon let the cold winds bleed into him, his heart beat quickening in pace as he opened them and looked down into Tori's face. Her cheeks were drenched in tears, her hands were covering as she tried to muffle the sobs that were falling relentlessly from . 
 
"...Taekwoon don't do this to me again! Please...I already know how you feel about me....about us...and frankly...i have already come to terms with it...so i don't nee you telling me lies to make me feel better." Tori said shaking her head, her eyes darting around as she tried to cease the tears from rolling down her cheeks. Taekwoon shook his head this time, muttering soft nos under his breath, 
 
"You haven't come to terms with anything yet! Because I haven't...and I know that if i have yet to come to terms with how things are turning out for us, that you surely have not." Tori's lips set into a thin line upon hearing Taekwoon's conclusion, her eyes narrowing as she glared at the male.
 
"... I don't care if you haven't come to terms with what you said Taekwoon! I don't care about you! Why should I? Huh?! After what you sai-" Tori bit her lip, cutting herself off this time before she revealed too much of her innermost emotions.
 
"For the record...you don't know anything about me... " Tori whispered viciously, her teeth bared as she braced herself against the cold winds. Taekwoon was silent, Tori's words cutting deep into his heart, inflicting upon him a fatal wound. 
 
"...if you don't care about me, why are you crying?" Taekwoon asked, his voice disappearing in the wind. Tori peered down at her feet, watching as the warm tears fell from her eyes and onto the ground,
 
Because my heart...won't stop crying...
 
"...here I was thinking this entire time that we were together, that we were more than just friends...but when you...when you told Hakyeon...when you said that we were just friends...it hurt...and it only took a few minutes for me to realize that I was... heart broken..." Tori chuckled dryly,
 
"...because during the time we were supposed to be developing feelings to form a friendship...I some how developed....more...but boy wasn't I dumb? Now, I'm heart broken and suffering every single day because i was stupid and fell in love... and there isn't damn thing that can help heal my broken heart..." Tori sobbed each word, her tone so thick with animosity that Taekwoon was a little afraid to tell her that he loved her, that she wasn't the only stupid one because he too, fell just as hard as she did.
 
Feeling each of Tori's words bury themselves in his heart, Taekwoon brought his hands down from the wall, each one falling to cup the girl's tear strewn cheeks. Brushing a thumb over Tori's trembling lips, Taekwoon faintly smiled,
 
"...if you're stupid for falling in love...then I'm insane because...I'm in love too...with you Tori..." Taekwoon whispered each word as if they were the most fragile most precious words on the entire planet.
 
"I love you, Tori." Taekwoon breathed, resting his forehead against Tori's,  her body now shaking violently as she gave way to more cries,
 
"...no you don't...Taekwoon...you don't..." Tori cried quietly, turning her head away from Taekwoon's, her eyes now trained on the concrete ground that led into the ice skating rink, her shaking body quivering even more as what he just said sunk into her brain. Tori didn't understand why she was having such a hard time believing that what she was hearing come from Taekwoon's lips was real, that when he said he loved her, that he actually, and truly meant it. Maybe it was because after all this time that she tried to coop, she only wound up numbing her emotions and even logic, making it harder for Tori to see that as Taekwoon stood there in front of her, telling her what she wanted to hear for so long, he meant it with all his heart. Or maybe it was because, after all this time that Tori suffered emotionally, waiting, wanting, longing to hear Taekwoon say those very words, it was finally happening. 
 
does he really love me? Tori wondered as she bit down onto her bottom lip, trying to muffle her growing cries. 
 
Why is it so hard for me to believe him?! Tori mentally screamed as his words replayed in her head, she wanted to hear those words for such a long time, that now they were actually being said, she found it difficult to fathom. Shaking her head, Tori continued to deny Taekwoon's confession, to her, it was too good to be true.
 
"...n-no you don't Taekwoon! Don't lie to me!" Tori bawled, bringing her hands up to Taekwoon's arms, grabbing on to each on tightly as the strength in her knees dissipated. Taekwoon, feeling the girl slipping, brought his hands away from Tori's cheeks and wrapped his arms around her waist, pulling her body into his. For a second, Taekwoon said nothing, he did nothing, except stand there holding Tori against him, being the support and foundation that she needed so that she did not come crumbling down. 
 
"...I am not lying to you Tori...I swear..." Taekwoon whispered against Tori's cheek, bringing a hand underneath her chin and pulling her face toward his.
 
"Look at me Tori...listen to me...I love you..." Taekwoon murmured, leaning forward to press a kiss against Tori's trembling lips, the taste of salt and pain filling his mouth at once. Upon Taekwoon's lips touching Tori's, the girl completely broke down, the tears that were rolling down her cheek, rolling even faster, the amount of water pouring out of her eyes plenty. Tori pulled away from Taekwoon after about twenty five seconds into the kiss, her lips still trembling, 
 
"...Taekwoon I don't...but you said that we wer-" Before Tori could finish her choppy declaration of confusion, Taekwoon pressed his lips against hers, rendering her silent yet again. Taekwoon pulled away from Tori's lips and peered into her bewildered face,
 
"Tori I messed up...and I apologize for that. Not only did I hurt myself in the process...more importantly, I hurt you. Which was something I did not intend to do. I was...I was so scared, when those words came out of Hakyeon's mouth. Afraid that if i said yes, that you'd...that you'd say otherwise...afraid that if you really were my girlfriend that i wouldn't be good enough for you. And after everything i put you through when we first met...i just couldn't...i'm sorry for...for breaking your heart..." Taekwoon whispered against Tori's lips, searching her eyes for a response, for a spark, for the spark that he saw before everything was shot to hell. Nodding her head, Tori slithered her arms up and around Taekwoon's neck, her eyes delving into his heart, into his soul, searching for sincerity and finding it immediately, her lips curling into a faint smirk. 
 
"...yes...you did mess up..." Tori murmured under her breath, leaning in to close off the space that was in between their faces, pressing her lips firmly against Taekwoon's, something she desired to do for a long time. Sighing into the kiss, Taekwoon parted his lips and teeth as Tori brushed her tongue along the inside of his bottom lip, her request for entrance one he was more than happy to fulfill. Tori slipped her tongue into Taekwoon's mouth, brushing the tip against his multiple times before moving to concentrate on another area. However, Tori did not remain dominate for too long, no, the feeling of her tongue roaming around his mouth only made Taekwoon more eager to take control, to show her just how much he did love her, if he could in just this one kiss. Taekwoon pushed Tori back against the wall, tilting his head to the side as he furiously worked his lips against hers, nipping lightly at her tongue, putting a stop to the brash muscle swimming around in his mouth. Eliciting from her a small moan that originated from the depths of . Tori tangled her hands into Taekwoon's hair, pulling him closer to her, deepening the kiss. Taekwoon began to lightly at Tori's lips, alternating between before top and bottom, his tongue repeatedly brushing against hers as he switched. Tori gasped as the warm sensation trickled through body, her body still shaking. Tori untangled her hands from Taekwoon's hair and grabbed at his shoulder, her head growing light the longer she went without air. Tori clutched onto Taekwoon's shoulders as the world beneath her feet slipped away. softly, Tori pushed the faint feeling that engulfed her body away, or attempted to as Taekwoon continued to kiss her passionately. After all of this suffering and hurt that Tori had been through the last thing she wanted was to have a kiss she could only dream about be torn away from her because of her own weakness, because of her own self inflicted sickness.
 
Why do I feel like this? Why do I still feel so...ill? Taekwoon confessed...he...he loves me...so why do I feel so...numb? Tori wondered as she, once again,  slipped her arms around Taekwoon's neck, trying to keep herself up right. Despite the fact that her back was near a wall, Tori still felt like she was going to fall through the ground.
 
"Mmm~" Tori moaned loudly, partly because of the wonderful feeling Taekwoon was provoking with in her, and because of how gone she felt. Pulling away abruptly, Taekwoon peered down into Tori's face, noting how concentrated and pained her expression was.
 
"Tori?! Tori, did I hurt you?" Taekwoon asked as he watched the girl's eyes flutter open, moving his arms to encircle her tiny quivering body.
 
"N-no Taekwoon I'm... I'm fine I... I'm just a little...tired~" Tori breathed, her eyes falling shut as her arms went slack and her body crumpled to the ground.
 
"Tori!" Taekwoon shouted as he caught her up in his arms, hoisting her up to her feet,
 
"N-no...Taekwoon I'm okay...I just got...a little... dizzy..." Tori whispered, her lips barley parting as she spoke. Taekwoon kept a tight grip around Tori as she slipped in and out of consciousness.
 
"...this can't...this ca-can't be... happening...now~" Tori whispered, her hands groping at Taekwoon's shirt and arms despite the fact that Taekwooon was holding her. Taekwoon pressed a hand against Tori's cheek, then her forehead,  feeling for a temperature as he noticed just how hot her body was against his regardless the bone chilling weather. Bringing his hand away from Tori's head, Taekwoon gasped, she was burning up.
 
"What did you do to yourself Tori?" Taekwoon asked as he brushed Tori's hair out of her face, her cheek with the back of his hand, 
 
"I...n-nothing...I'm just...tired..." Tori breathed slashed moaned, her hands still grasping onto Taekwoon as she tried to stand up right. Taekwoon shook his head, his lips parting and closing as he tried to fathom what was happening, Tori was blacking out because of all the strenuous work she had engulfed herself in when the two of them were apart.
 
"...I'm okay Taek-Taekwoon...I just..." Tori whispered as she stood back up to her full height, her knees knocking as the grain amount of strength she had with in her wavered, testing her, she was going to collapse again, and soon judging by how heavy her eyelids were hanging. 
 
"Tori you are no where near okay, you just...you just collapsed and you are running a fever." Tori shook her head, her vision blurring, so much so that it was hard for her to make out Taekwoon's face. Drawing in a shaky breath, Tori began to move her lips to respond to Taekwoon, but her voice only came out in quiet wisps. 
 
"...Taekwoon, I don't... feel too good..." Tori breathed, laying her head on Taekwoon's chest as the little bit of strength she did have left fled, her body going slack in his arms. Taekwoon's eyes widened when he realized that Tori just passed out, that she just out in his arms. Hoisting the small girl up into his arms, Taekwoon took a few hesitant steps toward the street, drawing the attention of a few passersby  who, seeing Tori in his arms, hailed a taxi for him. Thanking the older woman politely, Taekwoon slid into the backseat with Tori in his arms, the woman who had helped him grab a taxi wishing that everything was okay with him and the girl he was holding. Taekwoon thanked the woman again before the taxi finally drove off from the curb, Taekwoon requesting that the driver pick of his already swift pace. Glancing in the rear view mirror, the taxi driver nodded his head, pressing his foot on the gas and zooming straight down the expressways. It wasn't long before Taekwoon was being dropped off a few feet in front of his and Tori's apartment building, his legs carrying him swiftly up the flights of stairs and down the wide corridor that led to his door. Taekwoon threw the door to his place open and hastened inside, his eyes trained on Tori's face, hoping that maybe she would wake up. Laying her down in his bed, Taekwoon began to mutter to himself, wondering what he should do next, whether he should alert his friends or not, or whether he should call a  doctor. Nibbling harshly on his lip, Taekwoon raked his hands through his hair, standing up and taking out his cell phone, fingers furiously pressing against the screen as he dialed for a doctor. As soon as Taekwoon got on the phone with a doctor he spewed out all of the symptoms Tori was displaying, making sure to explain everything thoroughly. Hanging up the phone, Taekwoon glanced at the time in the corner of the screen, only twenty minutes until the doctor should arrive at his doorstep, ready to examine Tori and come up with a diagnosis for why she passed out.
 
Sighing heavily, Taekwoon took a seat on the bed beside where Tori lay, her chest rising and falling at a slow steady pace. Every so diligently, Taekwoon brought his hand up to caress Tori's warm cheek, his thumb brushing over her lips, lips that he finally got to kiss. Even though everything that Taekwoon wanted to happen between himself and Tori occurred that evening, he still found himself beyond hurt, his heart now breaking as he peered into his loves peaceful face. It troubled Taekwoon, to know that all this time that he sulked and hid from his feelings and from Tori, that she was out trying to forget the pain that he inflicted upon her, that she lay here in his bed, unconscious, because of the damage he dealt to heart. But Taekwoon knew, just as much as the unconscious Tori that lay next to him, that the only reason she worked herself so hard, the only reason she pushed herself further than she knew she could take, was because she could not forget, because she could never forget. Exhaling softly, Taekwoon continued to caress Tori's cheek, leaning down so that his face, his lips, were hovering over hers. 
 
"I'm so sorry Tori..." Taekwoon whispered before pressing his lips against Tori's, tears falling from his eyes and onto her face, rolling down her cheeks as if they were tears of her own. This was something Taekwoon could not let Tori see, he could not allow her to see him cry, he could not allow her to see him weak, because it was times like these when he needed to be his strongest. Pressing another butterfly like kiss to Tori's motionless lips, Taekwoon pressed his cheek against hers, laying his body lightly over hers, almost hugging her to him. Tears still relentlessly pouring from his eyes, Taekwoon lowered his lips to Tori's ears, his cheek still flush against hers, 
 
"...I love you..." Taekwoon whispered, pushing himself up into his original sitting position, his hand still lingering on Tori's cheeks. There was an urgent knocking at his door then, twenty minutes had already come and gone, the doctor was now here. Exhaling deeply, Taekwoon stood to his feet, using his unoccupied hand to wipe at the tears that still rolled down his cheek, but there was no use, because as long as Tori laid in his bed, ill and unconscious, he was going to shed tears.