Park Sun Young

Taking a break from the idol life

               Park Sun Young. That was her name.  She missed it so much. Ever since her debut, no one had ever called her “Sun Young” the one her loved ones had done it ever so fondly. As she sunk her teeth into the crispy chocolate pie, she let out a sigh. It was so good that it drowned her senses momentarily. Just as she was going to take a second bite, a distant phone ringing knocked off her train of thoughts. Jinyoungie.

               It was her twin sister. The two of them had not talked in ages. Life as an idol was as hectic as one could ever imagine. Boy was she happy to receive her twin sister’s call. However, as soon as an “Annyeong” escaped her lips, her manager barged into the cafe. His brows were knitted and beads of perspiration were trickling down his forehead. His chest rose up and down in a hefty manner as his beady eyes darted back towards his watch. Just as his eyes met Sun Young’s, she sent him an apologetic smile before sprinting towards a cab with all her might. Trust her, no one would be foolish enough to stay there and await his wrath.

               She was far from a rebel. In fact, she was the model idol who hardly gave the management any trouble. She would attend all her practice sessions, jot down tips for her singing and even go for diets just to keep up with the expectations of her management (though she was perfectly contented with the shape of her body). Though SM did not make it a rule for their idols to be balls of sunshine 24/7, she figured she might as well be the member to take up the role as the Vitamin.  Throughout these four years, she would never fail to make a mental note to herself and squeeze out a smile once she stepped on the stage. All of this was not supposed to be suffocating. This was what she had wanted since she was young. There had always a burning desire for her to live her dream as a performer.

               However, with the public eye fixed on her, she felt breathless. The supply of air that used to gush into her system and keep her heart pumping was decreasing at an alarming rate. Wasn’t the supply of air supposed to be infinite? That was a silly question but she would find herself asking the same old question every single night. All these negative comments and lack of sleep were finally getting to her. As much as she tried to block them out, her attempts were clearly failing. Her walls of defence were crumbling and there was nothing she could do about it.

               It was days like this where she wanted to escape. And drop her identity as Luna.

 

               It was ironic.

               She could still remember how she had shed tears of joy upon receiving news regarding her debut. Though she had failed to attain the role as a main dancer and had to debut with a name so cold and distant like the Moon hanging in the night sky, she was contented. She would not say that everything was going smoothly according to plan but hey, her situation was after all way better than that of many trainees. Though it was a little far from what she had hoped for, she was contented and thankful.

               Yet, that form of contentment was slipping away from her finger tips.

               “Close the curtains, Sun Young.”

               “Let’s skip school, Sun Young.”

               “Stop trying to wake me up, Sun Young.”

               “Park Sun Young, are you listening to me?!?”

               It was four years ago when she was still behaving like a little kid, seeking refuge under her blanket. The way her twin would call for her in that incredibly high pitched and squeaky tone had always made her cringe and cup her hands over her ears automatically.  She would be hiding under her blanket, mumbling a string of words on how she would make it clear to Jin Young that she would have to pay for all the damage she had caused to her ears from all the shouting. It was definitely an exaggeration but she could care less at that moment. It sounded ridiculous but whenever the word “Sun Young” exited the lips of her twin, it would irritate her to no end.

               Yet, she knew she would really miss it now.

               Don’t get her wrong. It was not that she hated her career let alone the name “Luna”. It was just that everyone needed a break at times but being an idol would also meant that such privileges to have a break according to their wishes would have to be taken away from them. As cruel as that might sound, Sun Young would not blame anyone. After all, it was this career that had opened her eyes to many things. She had never imagined herself as someone capable of appreciating the simple things of life. It was this career that made her embrace her birth name wholeheartedly as well as the (somewhat overwhelming) hug given by her beloved twin, Jin Young.

 

               As much as she enjoyed performing on a stage as an idol, today would be an exception. She would be a rebel for once and live her life just like a typical teenager named Sun Young.


 

Hi all, I would first like to apologise for this random storyline and for any atrocious grammar or vocabulary mistake. I wrote it in a rush as I really wanted to get it off my chest. I mean, I have had this storyline within my head for months but I was always preoccupied with other things. Oh and before I forget, this story was inspired by (http://halcyondusk.livejournal.com/12450.html). It's not really similar but I thought I would give it a try to write something about the names of idols. You can give it a try if you like Kris from EXO. It's a really beautiful piece of work so please do go ahead and read it.

I am aware that I have yet to start on my "One Step At A Time" and I'm incredibly sorry for that. It's just that I have three different storylines for Lunjoe so I don't even know which one I should write for them. (I think you can briefly gauge my standard of English from this story and if you find it horrible, you can definitely unsubscribe that fanfic. However, I will be pretty sad. Haha.)

Please leave some comments and let me know what you think about this story.

Thanks! Have an awesome day ahead! :)