1. Who is She?

Heaven By Your Side

As a newbie in Seoul, EunJung liked talking strolls at night. Surrounded by the sights and sounds of Seoul, she finally felt like it was home after moving to the city for five years. Whilst walking, she then recounted the incidents which forced her to abandon home: the breakup that almost took her life, her parents fighting the overall allure of leaving her comfort zone to start a new life and love afresh. Seoul seemed like a good way to go, after all, she was a fan of relentless watching of KDramas, like Lovers in Paris and Winter Sonata. After a few months of deep thinking, she got the courage to pack her bags and leave for Korea. The first few weeks were hard, as she was getting accustomed to the country, but after five months of staying in the country, she began to establish herself and started her habits, like now.

 

As she was strolling around Namsan, clad in a brown jacket and tights and boots, she suddenly bumped into a stranger, sending him to the ground. He was clad in a brown jacket, dark pants and boots that looked expensive. "Oh my gosh, I am so sorry'', EunJung said apologetically as she held out a hand to pull the stranger up. She then found herself gazing at his eyes; those deep gorgeous eyes while murmuring, "I am sorry. I should've looked where I was.'' The stranger then gave her a sad smile and replied, "Mianhaeyo, I didn't mean to because you pain. I am sorry, miss. I am". Getting up, he walked away, leaving EunJung in a state of wonder, thinking why there was such sadness in his eyes that didn't match his handsome face.

 

Siwon was at lost for words. He was sad, devastated even. Stella, his girlfriend of 7 years, decided to leave him on the night that he was about to propose. Hell, he thought that 7 years was enough, that she was ready to be his wife and the mother of his kids. He thought that after 7 years, she loved him too, to the point that she would say yes to his proposal. But Siwon was wrong. She was ready for an entirely different thing, for her freedom and her life. She wanted her independence. Her own life and it tore Siwon apart, to shreds even. He never thought that he could feel such pain much more than when his mother died, leaving Siwon with his father who, in other words, didn't give him much emotional connection. It was through Stella that he smiled again. It was through her that he began to forgive himself and started to learn how to love again. But it is now gone. His love was gone.

 

He tried strolling around Namsan, a place that held dear memories in his heart of Stella. It was in this place that they met, 7 years ago, during a benefit concert. Siwon and his team were doing a benefit for a children's foundation and Stella was one of the media personnel that covered the event. He was enamored by the tall, elegant and sophisticated lady that was shooting picture after picture of their performance. "Who is she?” Siwon then asked the production assistant who was helping them undress. "She is Stella, Hyung, but don't bother. She doesn't date people from around here", the production assistant said, with a sad smile. He then found himself walking up to her as she was finishing up and fixing her camera. "Hello my name is Siwon. You must be Stella. It's a pleasure to meet you", Siwon then replied, awkwardly extending his hand to her. To his relief, Stella smiled and accepted his hand, shaking it. "Yes, my name is Stella Kim. I got to tell you, this is going to be huge for the Changji Children's Foundation”, she replied with a smile on her face. Siwon then smiled back and said, “Would you like to interview the guys? I am sure they would like to get to know you". Stella then grinned and replied, “lead the way". And that was how they started. From coffee dates to dinners, Siwon never was late and made sure that Stella always had a good time. One evening, he then asked her, “Will you be my girlfriend?” while the latter was drinking wine. Stella replied, “Aren’t we already? I didn’t know but yeah, you’re mine” and leaned forward to kiss him on the lips.

Remembering those things made Siwon’s heart heavier. It felt like his entire world was falling apart, like everything and everyone was conspiring to ruin his life more than it was. He didn't even see the brown-jacketed girl that was walking towards him. “Oof”, he murmured as he fell on the ground. Looking up, he saw her, an angel in brown, with dark chocolate hair and kind eyes, extending her hand to help him get up. He then dusted himself off and replied, “Mianhaeyo, I didn't mean to because you pain. I am sorry, miss. I am” and started to walk away. 

He then figured out that it was better that she didn’t know who he was, that might start a wildfire of attention and for now, he didn’t need it more than he needed his Stella to come back to him