Chapter 6

Stranger Than Fiction

The following morning the five members of SHINee had managed to get ready uneventfully and head into SM’s building for dance and vocal practices. With their promotions soon coming to an end there was no break up ahead, as Minho knew summers always meant promotions and festivals. With the upcoming SMTown performances all over the world, they would be working harder to keep up with the demands of their job.

It was times like these where Minho felt completely pushed to his limits, and it was a feeling he actually enjoyed. It meant when he got to rest, it was well deserved.

Key didn’t hold the same values as he did however, and dropped to the ground after they came to the end of their song Replay. “Why do we even have to practice this song when we know the routine off by heart?”

“Stop complaining.” Jonghyun joined the boy all the same, going over to their bags and sitting down as he reached in for his drink bottle. Jonghyun had grabbed the wrong bag however, and was soon laughing. “What the hell?!”

Minho turned to see the shortest member holding up the all too familiar pair of underwear. Jonghyun looked incredibly amused, and twirled the garment around on his finger.

Taemin snorted. “Oh my god hyung, who’s are those?”

“Key’s,” Minho blurted out and then blushed. Key shot him an accusing glare.

“No, they’re not.” The boy in question approached Jonghyun and yanked the red out of the lead singer’s hands. He continued to glare at the others who were all laughing. “They’re Nicole’s.”

“Why would you have them?” Taemin asked and then pointed his index finger at Key. “Are you two-”

“Don’t be ridiculous, I don’t like her like that!” Rubbing the side of his shaved head, Key then dumped the underwear back in his bag and zipped it up. He looked uncomfortable with the topic and Minho began to wonder why. “You guys are so immature. Have you not seen a pair of lady pants before?”

Jonghyun folded his arms across his chest and smirked. “I have, but not in a guy’s bag before. That’s a new one.”

“Hyung, doesn’t it mean if you carry girl’s underwear around, it means you won them as a trophy?” Taemin grinned at Jonghyun who nodded his head and broke into a rowdy laugh.

“How would you know that?” Onew wondered and Taemin shook his head.

“Taemin-goon seems to be surprising everyone lately,” Minho mentioned casually, and the youngest snapped his knowing eyes towards him. “He’s growing up.”

Jonghyun went over to Taemin and pinched his chest. “How could our widdle Taem ever look like a grown man to us?”

“Get off!” The shaggy haired boy shoved Jonghyun back. “I am not a kid anymore.”

“God you’re all so noisy lately,” Onew stated and walked over to the wall, picking up his bag, and heading over to the door suddenly.

“Where are you going?” Minho enquired to the leader, who shook his hand as he walked out of the room.

“Uh, did we do something wrong?” Jonghyun wondered blankly, receiving a slap around the back of his head from Key.

“If you hadn’t of made a big fuss over the underwear, then we could still be practicing together!”

Jonghyun poked Key hard in the chest. “Well if you weren’t carrying around girls-”

“I SAID THEY’RE NICOLE’S OKAY?!”

“What is going on in here?” Choi Jin, their manager stepped into the room, looking on curiously. “Why aren’t any of you practicing? Do I have to monitor you all?”

“Hyung, we just are taking a short break.” Jonghyun clapped his hands together. “Let’s get back to it yeah?”

“Without Onew?” Taemin asked and Key shot him a look.

Their manager nodded. “Onew has a vocal lesson right now. Carry on.”

The boys got back into formation, practicing quietly over their songs. Minho tried to get back his focus, but all he could think of was what had happened during their argument. He glanced over at Key, who was working harder than he had been all morning. The boy still had make up on from the day previous and Minho eyed the glitter on his eyelids closely.

“Hyung, watch what you’re doing!” He collided with the younger boy and caught Taemin before he fell down.

Jonghyun sighed at the interruption. “Minho, it’s not like you to stuff up.”

“Are you hurting?” Key wondered, eyeing up all over before resting on his face. They all waited expectedly for an answer.

Grinning sheepishly, Minho bowed in apology to Taemin and then went over to the radio to restart the song. As he stepped back into place, he knew he was going crazy with his over analysing.

It was time to contact Maddie for answers. 

 

___________

Author's Notes...

Again I'm late. I'm sorry for that! Going to post a second chapter today to make up for it... thanks to those reading :)