DARK WATERS

FLASHBACK

 

“Hey, wake up. Miss, Miss.”

Someone is shaking me. I can’t open my eyes, who is it? Am I dreaming?

I started coughing as I felt a warm sensation on my lips. It felt like I want to throw up; my lungs heaved for oxygen. I coughed some more, water spilling out my mouth. It tasted like rock salt, my eyes were burning. I realized I am wet and grasp the ground beneath me.

Sand. I’m on the beach?

“Hey, hey. Are you okay?”

I slowly opened my eyes and I saw the most beautiful man, ever. He had these almond shaped eyes that house his dark brown orbs that look at me with worry; his long lashes, fluttering with every blink of curiosity. He has a sharp nose that contemplates well with his serene face. I could see some stubble growing along his strong jaw line. I stared at the magnificent creation above me.

Am I hallucinating? I bet I am. Wait, he kissed me.

He kissed me, right? I thought to myself as I saw his thin lips, slightly parted as he was shaking me to consciousness.

“Yah!” I snapped back to reality when the man shouted at me. Never mind his beautiful face. I sat up immediately and glared at him.

“Why did you do that?!” I shouted back and gasped in pain as I clutched my throbbing head.

“Yah, are you okay? Does your head hurt?” He asked me, wearing a pained expression. He’s speaking in Korean. I looked at him and nodded my head. “Yes, I’m okay, just a little headache.”

“Are you sure?” I just nodded again. Why am I speaking with a Korean man, who doesn’t look like a Korean man? He looks like he’s from the West.

“If you say so, I’m Jonghyun by the way. Lee Jonghyun. What happened to you anyway? What’s your name? I should bring you to the hospital.” The man named Jonghyun said.

“Yeah, where am I? What happened to me? Why am I wet?”

“Sorry, I couldn’t quite understand English. Please speak in Korean so I can help you. But I need to know your name first.” Jonghyun said in a calm tone. He’s soothing my nerves.

“I… I… My name is… My name is… I don’t know.”  I don’t know my name. I don’t know myself. I don’t know me.

“I don’t know. I can’t remember anything.”