kisses and desserts.

Puddings and oppa.

“Yah Kwon YooEun get back here and give me my pudding!!” Hoya shouted as he tried to dash past the busy lunch crowd in the cafeteria to get the girl who was already sitting at her usual table eating the pudding that was taken / snatched off his tray about, let’s say 1 minute ago.

“Hah what if I don’t, horangi (tiger) ~” YooEun snickered at the nickname before continuing to devour the heavenly caramel pudding that was exclusive to the first 100 students at the cafeteria today.

“It’s Hoya, not horangi! Having canine teeth doesn’t mean I’m a tiger!! Now stop eating my pudding and give it back!” Hoya said while he briskwalked over to the table and grabbed the pudding off her hands. “Look, now I only have ½ of the pudding left!” He whined and pouted.

“Don’t use your aegyo on me Howon you know it doesn’t work. And stop whining, if you don’t want that half you can give it to me and make it zero pudding for you.”

“That’s oppa to you, and NO I WON’T LET YOU HAVE MY PUDDING AGAIN YOU PUDDING SNATCHER.” said Hoya as he put his hand protectively over the leftover pudding.

This was a typical day for the students of Woollim High, to have this two idiots bickering over the slightest issue. Pudding, banana milk, math homework, and the weirdest squabble happened yesterday, over a paper clip. These 2 have been at loggerheads since anybody can remember, and they will probably be at loggerheads for as long as they live. The loudest moments that anyone can remember will probably be during lunch break, where YooEun never fails to eat half of Howon’s dessert since YooEun was known to have a sweet tooth and Howon was known to be one of the most blur kid around. However, what nobody knows is that these two squabbling kids have the HUGEST crush on each other since like….forever.

YooEun would always snatch Howon’s dessert not only because she has a sweet tooth, but mostly because she knew Howon would chase after her and use his fail aegyo to try to get his dessert back. She would always pretend to be unfazed by it when her heart has melted endless times because of those pouty lips, puppy eyes, not to mention the slight appearance of his cute canine teeth.

On the other hand, Howon might seem like the blur kid when he’s far from it. All these years he’ve been secretly putting his desserts at a certain angle so that it’ll be easy for a certain someone to snatch it away. Then he would never fail to heave a sigh of “annoyance” (it’s probably a first sign of hyperventilation from being too excited) before shouting “angrily” at her and running off to chase her to retrieve his stolen sugary goodness. He would then show off the aegyo that he secretly practises at home in front of the mirror before hiding his disappointment that she was unfazed by it, and how she refused to address him properly considering he was 2 years older. He would then snatch the dessert back and sit on the other side of the table, facing away from her and eat the pudding to make it look like he was mad at her when he was swooning and trying to hide the blush while knowing the fact that they’ve once again shared an indirect kiss.  

This went on for awhile, or should I say, around 2 years.

However, all of this changed one day, when a hoobae of both Howon and YooEun, interrupted their daily squabble.

“Erm, H-Hoya sunbae, m-may I talk to you for a moment?” She shyly asked, looking at the floor as if it’s the most fascinating item she has ever since in her entire life.

Hoya turned around and looked at her. “Uh, sure, so, what’s up?” showing his usual awkward smile.

“C-can we talk p-privately?” She said, glancing over at YooEun as if to hint that she was being a little ‘extra’ in their conversation.

“I’ll be right back.” Hoya said before walking away with the shy hoobae towards the empty corridor.

He turned around and asked “So, what did you wanna say?”

The girl breathed in deeply before saying “IreallylikeyoueversinceIsawyouduringorientationatthestartoftheyearcanIbeyourgirlfriend?”

“Uh, come again?” Hoya raised his eyebrows.

“I said, I really like you ever since I saw you during orientation at the start of the year, can I be your girlfriend?” She boldly looked him in the eyes, trying to search for an answer within those dark brown orbs.

“Uh… I’m sorry but I can’t accept your confession because I already like someone…?” He answered uncertainly, as if he was afraid that his answer would break the girl’s heart into smithereens.

“B-but, I really like you? Can’t you even give me a chance?” She looked at him desperately.

“I’m afraid not…” He replied, feeling guiltier by the second.  

“Is the girl YooEun sunbae?”

“Huh?”

“Is the girl you like YooEun sunbae?”

“uh…. Yea-“ Howon’s eyes widened as his back hit the lockers when the girl’s weight collapsed over him, with her lips on his.

It took him awhile to get to his senses before pushing her away, giving her the deadliest glare he could come up with, and stomping away furiously.

He walked back to the cafeteria, hoping that YooEun didn’t follow behind them, since he knew that she was always curious and loved to sneak in on people’s conversations.

Well, let’s just say that his hopes were dashed and he wasn’t the only one feeling down that day.

After that day, YooEun stopped snatching Howon’s desserts. She changed a table and sat alone while eating the dessert that she bought herself. Howon would be greeted with disappointment each day, when the specially angled dessert was not harshly grabbed off his lunch tray. Things would always be awkward between them, YooEun would avoid unnecessary conversations and skinship with Howon, while Howon tries hard to act as normal as possible around her.

 

One month passed and that was it. Howon’s tolerance level was filled to the brim, he couldn’t stand it anymore. At the start of the lunch break he ignored his growling stomach, stomped towards the girl, grabbed her tiny wrist, and dragged her to their usual hideout: the rooftop.

“Yah, let go of me!” She shrieked before harshly pulling off his grasp on her now red wrist.

“Fine, tell me what’s wrong with you.” Howon said before turning around and looking at her.

“Nothing’s wrong, now if you’ll excuse me I’m going back to class.” She tried to go back when Howon held her shoulders.

“No, something’s wrong, tell me what’s wrong, you never avoided me like this!”

“I’m not avoiding you Hoya now let me go back to class!!”

“JUST TELL ME WHAT THE HECK IS WRONG SO THAT I CAN SOLVE IT AND SOMETHING IS OBVIOUSLY WRONG BECAUSE YOU WOULD NEVER CALL ME HOYA!” Howon shouted, unable to control the fury surging within him.

“WHY DON’T YOU TELL ME WHY ARE YOU STILL TRYING TO ACT LIKE NOTHING’S WRONG EVEN AFTER YOU KISSED THAT GIRL THE OTHER DAY?” YooEun finally told the reason for why she had decided to avoid him.

“Y-you saw that?” Howon stuttered.

“Yes I did so stop asking me for the reason why I’m avoiding you! Just go spend time with your new girlfriend or something.”

“Who told you she’s my girlfriend?” Howon asked.

“Well, she confessed and you guys kissed, so I though-“ She silently gasped as she was cut off by a pair of lips. Howon’s lips to be exact. She melted into the kiss quickly and wanted to put her arms around his neck when she realised that he had kissed her even after he kissed her hoobae. She quickly pulled away and shouted at him.

“Yah! You c-can’t do that, you’ve already kissed-“  “ I like, no, I love you. “ She stopped as she stared at him blankly while trying to process what he just said.

“You what?”

“I said I love you.”

“B-but, you a-and her…”

“Nobody said she was my girlfriend. She did confess but I rejected her and we did kiss but she was the one who forced a kiss. I never said I like her.”

“S-so, what you’re trying to say is…”

“Yes, I love you not her gosh why are you so dense?!” /smack/ you smacked him in the head and said “Yah I’m not dense alright! And you could’ve told me earlier!”

Howon raised his eyebrows. “How would I know you saw everything and started assuming things and got jealous?”

“W-who said I was j-jealous?” You were still blushing from the kiss and you didn’t want him to see so you looked down.

“Oh really? Who’s the one who avoided me ever since the day I was confessed to? Who’s the one who exploded because you thought I was dating the girl? Anddddddd, who’s the one who’s blushing like mad right now from the kiss just now?” Howon smirked.

“W-whatever.” You were gonna walk away when he engulfed you in a back hug, which undeniably made you blush more than ever.

“So, girlfriend, shall we go eat our lunch before going back to class? “

“Yah, who told you that I’m your girlfriend?!”

“You said as long as I confessed and kissed you, you’ll be my girlfriend since it works that way with the hoobae isn’t it?”

“Don’t use my words on me!! Fine, but…”

“But what?” Howon tilted his head.

“I CALL DIPS ON YOUR DESSERT FROM TODAY’S LUNCH MENU HOWON!!!!” She laughed before running off to the cafeteria.

Howon laughed and shook his head before replying “YAH THAT'S OPPA TO YOU, AND REMEMBER TO LEAVE HALF OF IT FOR ME!!!! “ before running off.