How the Great Duizhang Was Reduced to Being Ben Ben

How Kris Became Ben Ben

On a hot day, the Exo boys are fooling around in the practice room, their only sanctuary from the blistering heat. Practice had long been forgotten though, and their thoughts wandered off to food, sleep, and cooling down.

“Gege, It’s so hot! Can we go eat ice cream?” Tao asked, scrunching his face up into a pout and doing his infamous aegyo.

“Yeah, hyung! Can we? Huh? Please…?” Sehun and Jongin whine. They stick their faces in Kris’s and rub their hands together. Soon, all the other members joined in, cornering Kris. Sighing, Kris ran a hand through his hair and gave in, nodding his head in confirmation.

“Alright, but NO ONE tells the managers, you hear me? This completely goes against our diets. We could get into serious trouble for this!” He says.

Nodding their heads like obedient puppies, they all get up off the floor and filed out the door. Going back to the dorms, they quickly go into their rooms to put on their disguises. Jongin slips on some baggy pants and a plaid button up shirt, a pair of fake glasses, and a blond, curly haired wig.

Kyungsoo comes stumbling out of the bathroom wearing neon purple skinny jeans and a pink shirt that had “Respect the Beaver” on it. All topped off with fake mustache and unibrow tape.

Tao stepped out of his shared room with Kris like a true diva. All glammed up, he sported a pair of denim shorts, a skin tight yellow V-neck, and enough accessories to have him get stuck to the nearest magnet. He had his eyeliner on, and wore a snapback, a Gucci backpack resting on his back.

As Exo slowly assembled, (minions, ASSEMBLE! Sorry, it was too hard to resist doing that.) The room became a mashup of colors. No one looked recognizable.  Deeming their looks acceptable, Kris, wearing his own horrid clothing and fake hair, led the boys out of the building and onto the streets, where they immediately set off to find the closest Ben and Jerry’s.

Reaching the store, Tao chose Chocolate, Sehun Strawberry, Jongin Caramel, Kyungsoo Coffee, Suho Rocky Road, Lay Raspberry, Luhan Cotton Candy, Xiumin Blueberry, Chen Mystery, Chanyeol Mint, Baekhyun Lemon, and Kris Vanilla. Sitting in a circle at a table, they ate their flavors of ice cream happily. They had fun playing around and laughing at some stupid jokes.

As the group was walking home in a much happier mood than before, Baekhyun spoke. “Hyung, why did you choose Vanilla ice cream instead of a better, more interesting and fun flavor? Vanilla’s boring, like you.” He asked Kris, curious.

Kris was stumped. Why had, he chosen Vanilla? He didn’t know. All that he knew, was that ever since he could remember, he always just got Vanilla. But why? So he just shrugged and said, “I guess I’m pretty boring, huh?”

Heads nodded and some sounds of agreement were heard. The 12 kept walking. Suddenly, Chanyeol’s hand shot up and he smiled his 1000 watt smile. “I know!” He shouted, “For our comeback, you know how it’s going to be yearbook themed or whatever and we’ll all have nicknames? Why don’t we give Kris hyung an interesting nickname to compensate for his boringness?”

The rest of the boys took a moment to think about it. “That’s genius.” Luhan cries, throwing his hands up in the air. “Why didn’t we think of that earlier?” He asks.

Shrugs. “Whatever,” Luhan says, brushing it off. “What are we gonna call him?”

“He’s already called Duizhang, so what are we gonna do?” Tao voices. “Does anyone have any ideas? “ Asks Suho. Kris just puts on a poker face through it all. This can’t be that bad, can it? He wonders to himself.

Just then, a kid on a skateboard goes by fast, and Jongin trips while trying to dodge, falling on the ground. “KAIIII!!!!” Kyungsoo screams, and suddenly, everything combusts, and there are girls screaming, camera’s flashing, and the boys are running, a group of fangirls already forming behind them, and chasing them, hot on their heels.

“HURRY UP, BEN BEN!!!” Screams Chen. Everyone thinks who the heck is Ben Ben? But they all push the thought away. There were more important things to worry about now. LIKE THE MOB OF FANGIRLS CHASING THEM.

After reaching the dorm and returning to the safety of the living room, the boys, panting, sweaty, and missing articles of clothing, laid on the couches and tile floor to cool down once again.

Remembering, Lay sat up and asked, “Oh yeah, who’s Ben Ben,Chen?” At this, everyone else also wondered. Chen chuckled, saying “Ben Ben? It’s Kris!”

Silence covered the room. Each member digested this piece of information. “NO!” Kris sat up and whined.

But everyone else perked up. “Ben Ben!” Baekhyun yelled, and the room broke into laughter. “But why Ben Ben though?” he said.

“Because we just went to eat Ben and Jerry’s ice cream, duh.” Chen replied, making a face. “And there’s 2 Bens because in his teaser photo that we took last week, Kris had on 2 hats. Thus, a Ben for each hat, and BOOM! Ben ben.” He continued.

From that day on, boring Kris, Duizhang Kris, became the guy named Ben Ben that we all know.