Game Over

Game Over

~*~ Game Over ~*~

Every day was the same as the one before. Tired of the dullness and monotony, I began to play a simple game.

At 7:14, I get on the bus. The bus screeched to a halt, and I got on. I make my way down, surveying the passengers, and if someone from my school catches my eye… Smiling to myself, I spotted one of the popular guys from my school sitting by himself. I seat myself next to him.

The guy glanced at me and then looked at his iPod. After a while, he took a second look, blushing. If he looks at me twice, I win. He quickly looked back to his iPod, making me smirk.

At first, I did it just to kill some time, but it was more interesting that I expected. Waking someone up from a doze, being able to distract someone from their book; the feeling you get from winning is intoxicating even though it was just a little “game” played on the bus.

The bus stopped, and I got off. “Gomawoyo,” I smiled to the bus driver.

He smiled back. “Have a nice day.”

Sighing, I walked to my classroom. Today wasn’t any different.

“Well now…” The next day, I walked into the bus. Who will be my target for today…? Peeking around, I mumbled to myself, “He looks too easy. Not him or him.” Grabbing onto the bars next to the door, I continued to look. Seems like there isn’t anyone attractive. Guess it can’t be helped.

Hmm… Distracted and troubled, I took out my commuter’s pass and looked at it. If possible, I want to avoid meeting the same people. Maybe I should start taking the earlier bus tomorrow. The bus stopped, making a guy walk pass by me. Once he took his seat next to the window, I glanced at him. A guy from a different high school than mine…

He’s not really my type, but it’ll do. It’s better than nothing. Walking towards the guy, I got a closer look at him. Not bad. I’ll make a special exception just for you. Smiling, I took the seat beside him. Hehe, I wonder how long it’ll take?

I smiled to myself, waiting for him to stop looking outside the window and look at me. We sat in silence until the bus driver announced that we arrived at the next stop. Bwo? Scrunching my eyebrows, I began to feel perplexed. Perhaps he’s fallen asleep? I glanced at him, and he seemed daze, still looking outside the window. Bwo…? My eyebrow twitched.

We sat in silence until my stop was called. I stepped out, and was frozen. The bus drove away, as I still stood there. That was odd!

Why didn’t he look at me? I twirled my pencil through my fingertips, as I sat in class. It’s only natural that if a beautiful woman sits next to a guy, the guy would look! Once the bell rang, I shut my textbook closed. I raised a fist in the air. “I have to try again!” Suzy, my friend, looked at me in surprise.

The next day, the bus stopped, the guy walked in, took his usual spot, and looked outside. I walked up to him casually, and took the seat beside him. After riding in silence for five minutes, my composure was wavering. Snapping my fingers, I looked the opposite way from the guy. I get it now! He must be too shy to look at me! Hajiman… What if I do this? I went to level one, ing the first two buttons of my shirt. After, I went to level two, crossing my legs.

It’s impossible for you not to notice this scent. Come now, look at me! Confidently smiling, I glanced at him. He was still looking outside, cracking my confidence. I quickly looked away, as he coughed and continued to look at the window. I walked out of the bus, and stood there as the bus drove away. “Aigoo~!” I wiped my forehead. “The suspense was killing me!” That’s right, that guy looks older. He probably feels ashamed to fall into the charms of someone younger…

The next day, I went up to level two again, but he still continued to look outside. And yet again, the bus stopped and I stepped out. I went up to level two twice! I cringed at my desk, ruffling my hair. A sweat drop formed on Suzy’s forehead as she watched me. He didn’t even give me a glance! I laughed to myself, as I placed both hands on my desk. The time has come for me to bring out my secret skills… The following day, I sat next to him. I ed my shirt, crossed my legs, and then I went to level three… I undid the bun I made this morning and flipped my hair.

He still didn’t look…

I am not embarrassed!! I buried my face in my arms, trying to convince myself that I didn’t make a fool of myself. It wasn’t humiliating at all! Suzy looked at me in concern.

The next morning, I texted Suzy, “I’m stopping by the hospital, so I’ll be late to school.” With this… I’m set! With a mouth mask on, a scarf covering my head and sunglasses on, I stood in front of the bus station.

Once the bus came, I rushed inside, hiding at the back of the bus. His personality, lifestyle, anything! I need to find a clue on how to get his attention! This is the determination of a high school student! The bus stopped at the next stop, making me quickly turn my attention to the door. It was empty. I slouched back into my seat, as the bus drove away. Bwo? He’s not getting on? I wonder if he’s running late… I looked out the window, and my eyes widened.

I saw the guy riding his bike, speeding past the bus. My eyes followed him until he was out of site. “Oh… I see…” I sat back down in shock. I guess… He really hates me. If you think about it… sitting next to the same person three days in a row who wears strong perfume… A gave a faint smile, as I looked out the window. It’s almost like I was harassing him. I sighed, “Aish~ That’s why he’s riding his bicycle today.”

Suzy looked at me in surprise, as she saw me walk into class. “Bwo? Weren’t you going to the hospital?”

“Aigoo~ Gwenchana.” Taking my seat, I waved my hand at her as I smiled. “Seems like it was just a slight fever.” Having received the worksheet from the teacher, I began working on it. I stopped working and looked out the window of my classroom. Sighing, I shook my head, smiled to myself and went back to work.

“Gwenchana?” Suzy looked at me in concern.

“It’s really nothing,” I smiled at her. “I’ll finish this soon, so we could head home together. Sorry to keep you waiting.”

“I wasn’t referring to that. It’s just that…” She giggled. “For the past three days, you’ve been livelier than usual. It seemed like the old you had returned. Did something good happen?”

My eyes widened. I forgot. I was always… tired of the daily monotony. I- I’m… feeling rather down right now.

The next day, the bus stopped as usual, and I stepped on it as usual. Without waiting by the doors as usual, I walked all the way to the back and sat down. I looked out the window. So this is the scene he is always looking at.

The bus stopped, as I continued to look out the window. My eyes suddenly widened when I saw the reflection of the guy walking towards me. I jumped, as he took the seat next to mine. “… Bwo?” Maybe, could it be… My eyes widened, as I kept staring at him through the reflection.

He was always looking at my reflection…? Looking at me through the reflection, he smirked, making me gasp. Beginning to sweat, I refused to look at him. “Y- You noticed?”

“I did,” he simply replied.

“Since when?”

“From when you were choosing who to sit next to.”

I looked down at my lap in embarrassment, as my cheeks began to burn. He noticed all along?! “And the bike?” I mumbled.

“Bwo?”

“Weren’t you riding a bike to school yesterday?”

“Oh, you noticed?”

“I saw you from the bus.”

“So you were on the bus… Truth is…” He smiled. “I always ride my bicycle to school. I only take the bus if you are on it.”

My face turned bright pink, so I used both my hands to hide.

“My name is Wooyoung. Jang Wooyoung.”

“J… Ji-eun imnida…” I mumbled from behind my hands.

“Ji-eunie,” he called. Grabbing my hands gently, he put them down. “Look at me.”

After much hesitation, I glanced up at him. Quickly looking away, I blinked a few times. Finally, I looked into his eyes.

Game over.

Smiling sweetly, he held my hands tighter. “You were really cute trying to catch my attention.” He chuckled. “Especially the hair flip.”

My cheeks were burning. Shutting my eyes closed, I confessed, “Level three was very embarrassing!!!”

(Kyepota~!! They looked at each other! Hoped you like it~)