Just Tell Me

Just Tell Me

{Taemin's POV}

It felt like I was floating in darkness. Is this how death feels? I searched around, only to spot no one. "Omo... It's too dark..." I want to see Minho. I LONGED for Minho. I just wanted to see his face, and pour out my feelings before I would die. If I was going to die. I faintly remembered a faintly familiar figure trying to protect me before the car accident. Playing with my newly bowl cut black hair, which I mentally thanked Key for making it work again, I looked up.

Who was it?

The feeling from their touch felt familiar.

The flaming aura radiating from the person felt familiar.

The comfortable and calm feeling when the person protected him felt oddly familiar.

Oh God.

Minho.

No way. It wasn't possible. He would never leave Yuri so suddenly like that. My heart finally felt numb from me being so negative on myself. Damn you, Taem. Get a grip on yourself. Stop hurting yourself. My feelings became confused. Minho hyung probably just tried saving me because I was his loyal bandmate. Yeah, that's why hyung would do that.

"I love you... Taemin ah..."

Those words lingered in my mind. I resented them. It was probably some heavenly dream once I passed out. Or some happy hallucination. I'm a male... I'm a male... Minho doesn't love me. Minho doesn't love me. He loves Yuri. He loves Yuri.

He loves Yuri...

I hid my face in my hands, feeling something wet and warm falling into my palms. I felt mucus going down my nose as I cried all my grief out. Shisus, I was uncontrollably irresistably in love with Minho and I couldn't help it. I just couldn't help it. I continued crying all the tears I prevented to let fall and felt like a young kid again.

I felt something bright slightly seeping through the small lines between my fingers. I looked up and squinted. There was a spot of blindingly pure white light. Was this my chance? I quickly floated higher and tried to reach onto the light.

I'm coming for you, Minho.

{END OF POV}


Taemin awoke, his eyes slowly opening. He was suddenly attacked by his beloved hyungs. Kibum hyung... Jinki hyung... Jonghyun hyung... They looked like they were all crying for Taemin. The dancer puffed his cheeks and weakly looked around. He was in a hospital bed. He felt some wires on his arms and other places. He looked around frantically. He couldn't find Minho. He looked at his other hyungs pleadily.

"Minho hyung... Where's Minho hyung...?"

"Minnie... You do know... he pretty much saved your life?" Key hesitantly asked. The young maknae widened his eyes and sat up. But the others nearly screamed ("Nono! No! Ohmaigod!" Jonghyun screamed in English.) and gently forced the younger back onto the bed. The latter glared at all three of them.

"I want to see him."

"I know you do Taemin ah, but-"

"I WANT to see him."

"Taemin baby, he's currently being operated on right now so you'll have to wait..." Key explained.

"Besides, you'll probably pounce on him and injure him again." Jonghyun piped up.

Both Key and Onew smacked him in the head.

That was when Taemin decided to go to sleep, ignoring the others. The others sighing, shaking their heads at the boy. "I can't understand that boy," Onew murmured under his breath.

The young dancer smiled the second before he drifted to sleep.

---

Minho's operation was successful and he was able to live. He had many scars but he was alive. He ended up being in the bed next to Taemin's. The maknae flinched whenever he saw his hyung fall in and out of consciousness. He blamed himself for this whole time. If he didn't run into the street, if he didn't see Minho kiss Yuri, if he didn't love him, none of this would've happened. The other members grew concerned as they watched the boy mostly stare out the window and into space.

One day, Taemin sipped his banana milk silently. He stared at Minho who was still unconscious. God, he looked so... indescribable. Loud slurping sounds echoed the hospital room as he in the last drop of the milk. Pouting, he set it down on the tray next to him. Being in the hospital was so boring. He couldn't even move his legs as strong as he used to yet.

Calling for a nurse, Taemin was helped into a wheelchair. As soon as the young nurse went out bashfully to tell her co-workers, he wheeled himself toward Minho. He admired his charismatic face and his short hair. He didn't know how he got enough courage to do it, but he kissed the rapper's forehead and rested his own on his.

"Minho hyung, fighting." He whispered.

A day passed, then a week, then two weeks, and Minho finally awoke. He looked around then spotted Taemin, snoozing to his content innocently. He sighed, still weak from the strong impact the car gave. He couldn't believe what he had done for his dongsaeng. Was it out of common sense? Was it out of friendship? Was it out of... love? Ah, the tall boy recalled the previous incident. But... why did he do it?

{FLASHBACK}

Minho kept on staring widely at Taemin's retreating figure. Yuri grabbed his hands tightly, angry at his sudden behavior. But the young man continued to stare at Taemin until he was out of sight. "Ugh! MINHO! Will you stop worrying about Taemin?! He'll be fine, you know. He'll be okay..." Yuri insisted.

"But... Taemin was crying..." Minho noticed. He suddenly got confused. The feeling from his and Taemin's dance still lingered.

"He probably hurt himself somewhere."

"No, Yuri. He was looking at us. Then he started to cry."

"No!"

"Yes."

"No!"

"YES!"

"So?! Since when did you care about Taemin sshi this much?! Taemin ah. Taemin ah. He's all you ever talk about. Taemin ah danced great. Taemin ah's wearing a cute outfit today. I swear, I think you love Taemin more than me! Who will it be, Minho?" Yuri exploded angrily.

Minho glanced at the exit then at Yuri. He repeated the same actions for a while then finally forced off Yuri's hands. "I'm sorry, Yuri. Taemin before you. I should've realized this sooner." He was stupid. He was really stupid for being so oblivious. It was Taemin he was in love with. But the fact that his beloved dongsaeng was a guy kept on distracting him. Yuri wasn't like Taemin. She wasn't as accepting and kind as Taemin was. Yuri will never be perfect for Minho as he felt perfect with Taemin.

"Hyung, how would you feel if I told you I liked guys?" Taemin had whispered in his ear earlier. God, that hint should've hit Minho right then and there.

"So... it's over? Fine! I see how it is." Yuri stomped away.

Minho quickly rushed out the exit and tried to catch up with Taemin. He could see the younger was still crying and gritted his teeth.

Minho heard honking and beeping, widening his eyes. Taemin ran into the streets with a car headed his way. "TAEMIN AH!!!!" He screamed with all his might, running toward him. He didn't what he was doing but he had to save Taemin. The latter turned to him with tear-filled eyes then turned back to the car, reacting the same way.

Minho quickly wrapped his arms around Taemin but was too late. The car hit both. Minho received most of the impact and screamed in pure pain. He fell on top of Taemin, his arms still protectively wrapped around him. His vision turned blurry and then black. Warm crimson-red blood spilled constantly out of Minho and some of Taemin. Tears fell down both boys' faces as the rapper hugged the boy tightly with all the strength he currently had.

"Taemin ah... I love you..." He whispered as everything went black.

    

Minho sighed. No wonder Taemin always got flustered when he saw him. Now he probably thought the rapper had no feelings whatsoever for the smaller boy. He decided to settle this. Tomorrow.


---


Taemin slowly opened his eyes and he lifted his head, surprised to see his hyung watching TV. "M-Minho hyung!" Minho looked at Taemin, smiled, then looked back at the TV. The maknae stammered more incoherent words then blushed dark red. He turned away from Minho. "I-I'm sorry... hyung..." He glanced back at him as the other merely motioned the smaller to come closer to him. As soon as Taemin was helped into a wheelchair, he came towards Minho nervously. "Hyung... I'm so relieved that you're alive..."

Minho grinned at the innocent boy and cupped his cheek with one hand weakly. "If it was for you... I'm fine with it." Taemin widened his eyes, color darkening his face. The rapper brought the boy's face closer forward so that their faces were centimeters away from each other. The latter looked at him confused, obviously not understanding the situation.

"W-What do you mean, hyung?" He asked, but that just led the other a centimeter closer to him.

"Taemin ah... can I kiss you?" The tall boy asked. Taemin's face went darker, if it wasn't up to its maximum already.

"E-Eh?! W-Why?!"

Minho brought their faces closer and closer, until they were a mere centimeter away from each other. They locked eyes and felt shivers going down their spines. "Because I love you, Taemin ah. I love you so much that I can't stand it anymore." He closed the small distance between them in one swift move, their lips locking gently. Taemin closed his eyes and wrapped his arms around his neck, deepening the kiss a bit more. Not caring both were still slightly injured, their bodies entwined sweetly as the sunshine hit both of them.

They didn't want to waste a breath to exchange "I love you's" as they continued to kiss like they've never been kissed before.

---

Jonghyun covered his ears with his pillow as he let go of Key's waist. He groaned, cursing at the thin walls. "We should've gotten sound-proof walls like Onew has! We should've just made them stay at the hospital." Key giggled, flustered at his childrens' actions. It was been a month since the two became an official couple. The other sighed, wrapping his arms around his boyfriend again. But the two silently listened again as they heard Taemin moan out Minho's name. Jonghyun cheered victoriously. "I knew Minho topped! You should've had more common sense, Kibummie~ You owe me 20,000 won."

Key sighed and handed the money to his childish boyfriend, resting his head into his neck. "At least Minho finally told him. He's even spaced out of his own feelings."

The next morning, Taemin found himself tangled with Minho, with just a blanket to cover them. He smiled softly and leaned forward to kiss his hyung on the cheek before snuggling closer to him. The other slug his arm around the skinny boy's waist and pulled him closer. The maknae no longer regretted anything.

He no longer wanted anyone to tell him anything else.