Little Mermaid

Mermaids?!

A/N: I was thinking of not putting the name of the characters in their first appearences so you can guess who is who, just read the A/N at the end for further explanation :)


...only to be met with a blurry image of a boy around his age with pink hair and a fish tail.

-------------’s_pov

I woke up to the sunlight coming in from the window above my bed, a light ocean breeze made the curtains move and let more sunlight in.
"-------------!"
 I didn't want to get up, I wanted to stay in my dream, even if it wasn't a happy one.Two reasons as to why I like that dream is because in the dream I see a mermaid, something I've liked since I was little and it was a boy mermaid which I found interesting because I thouhgt mermaids were only girls. At the same time I feel uneasy whenever I wake up from it because it feels too real to be a dream but it also excites me that if it was real the mermaid was also real.
"-------------!"
Guess I have to go to school now, though I'm quite happy it's friday. I got up, dressed, fixed my blonde bed head, put my glasses on and went downstairs to eat breakfast. My mom asked if I was going to go swimming later so she can leave me sandwiches.

"Not today mom thanks anyway, bye" And I left for school.
  I was walking through the hall, going to first period when I felt my foot get stuck on something causing me to fall. Then I heard the familiar laughter of the bullies that would always mess with me, "Haha look, the little mermaid can’t walk on land!," one of them  told his friends as they were looking down at me.
I was in a sitting position looking at the floor,waiting for them to leave, but I knew they weren’t done yet as another said, "What? You waiting for Prince Charming to come and carry you away?" I didn't reply and kept my eyes on the floor.
 "Naw man he won’t be able to even pick him up!haha," said the third one ,they started laughing, and I bent my head lower as I started to get up to leave."Hold on little mermaid, you still haven’t answered my question" the second said," or did I strike a bullseye?" I felt my cheeks get a little warm and I turned my head to the side. I guess that answered their question as the two in the back started laughing, and  the one who asked the question just smirked and started walking away with the other two following behind him still laughing. I moved to get up and felt a stinging on my hand, I stood there for a moment looking at my bloody hand, good thing it was the left and not the right.

 

Instead of going to class I made my way to  the infirmary to get my hand checked. When I got there I opened the door to find a guy standing in front of a table with his back towards me, I walked towards him and noticed he was looking at some weird,blue,blurry pictures. "Ehm," I cleared my throat to get his attention, startled he quickly hid the pictures and turned toward me,
"Oh, I didn’t hear you come in," he looked down at my hand which was palm up so I wouldn’t drip blood everywhere,"have a seat," he said going to the cabinets to get the things he needed to patch up my hand.
 He put a bowl of warm water on the table and proceeded to clean off the blood with a little towel, I winced when the towel passed over a medium sized cut on the edge of my palm below my thumb."Sorry," he says, I look up at him, he was handsome and young, he had longish blonde hair, and dark eyes, he was around my height and he looked in shape.
 "It’s okay," I told him still looking at my hand which now revaled little scrapes as well. "I bet you're wondering where the actual nurse went" Actually no I wasn't but now that he mentioned it...
"Yea, I am"
"Well, she got fired for not doing her job properly, so I'm the new nurse."
Oh yeah I remember now, she was mostly never here and if she was she didn't bother to do anything, the injured kid had to do it themself. The nurse infront of me now was putting a cream on my palm that will help it heal faster, then he bandaged it.
"Okay all done," we both stood up, he went to put away the cream and bowl, "I'll write you a note, what's your name?"
"----------, ----- ---------" he got a sticky note,scribbled on it then gave it to me.
"You can go to class now," I started to walk towards the door, "wait!" i turned to him with my hand on the knob, "Um, if you ever need to talk or just escape classes for a while you're always welcomed, if I'm not here then I'm somewhere in the garden area so you can just look for me there."
"Okay, I'll keep it in mind." He smiled and I smiled back then left to class which was half way over.
The rest of the day was a blurr, I drew the mermaid boy from my dream again to add to my collection. When the last bell rang I ran home to start coloring it. 


A/N: (continued from the top) so what i'm trying to do is to let the reader try and guess who the character(s) is/are in the chapter, then when the character(s) appears again i will reveal who the character(s) is/are, but in the chapters where they first appear i'm going to leave the ------- for future readers :) hope it's not confusing >.< so anticipate next chappie :D Comments are welcomed and accepted so don't be afraid to comment or ask questions C: (sorry for late update XC) (lame title is lame :P)