Save Me From Hell

Save Me From Hell
Please log in to read the full chapter

  Kill him…

  Kill him…

  Show no mercy…

  Show no compassion…

  Kill him…

 KILL HIM!

  Hye Yun woke up with a shock. Sheen of sweat covered her forehead and beads of perspiration trickled down the side of her face. The demanding voice that was in her head all night long scared her to bits. Using the back of her hand, she wiped away her sweat and took deep breaths to calm down from the familiar nightmare.

  “You’re up?”

  Hye Yun jumped away from the direction of the voice, her hand already gripping onto the flip knife that was in the pocket of her pair of loose Bermuda’s.  Dong Hae held his hands up in surrender. He eyed her for a moment before taking a wary step forward. Startled, she took the weapon out and pointed it at him.

  “Whoa!” Dong Hae quickly took a step back. “I’m not gonna hurt you!”

  Ignoring him, Hye Yun put her feet onto the floor and stood up without taking her eyes off the unfamiliar male.

  Not him…

  Her free hand grabbed her throbbing head as the voice repeated those two words again and again.

  Not him…

  “Are you okay?”

  “Ahhhhhh!” Hye Yun let out a shriek of pain before dropping the knife and collapsing on the ground, her hands pressed against her temples as she tried to stop the pain. Dong Hae shot forward. He kicked the knife away from where they were and bent down. He grabbed her shoulders and shook her as she crumpled up on the floor in agony.

 “Talk to me! What’s wrong!”

  “My head…” She managed to say between gasps. “My head… It… It hurts…”

  Nodding in understanding, Dong Hae stood up. “I’ll get the painkillers!” He ran to the bathroom in search of the bottle of painkillers. When he found it, he grabbed the bottle harshly, knocking over the other bottles of cologne and what not that were placed in the same cupboard.

  However, just as he arrived back at Hye Yun’s side, she had calm down and her hands slowly dropped from her head.

  “Are you okay?” He asked, moving closer to her and eventually kneeling down next to her. His body was tense and ready to defend himself if she suddenly tried to attack him again. She, on the other hand, was trembling too much in trepidation and fear that she couldn’t even process her thoughts properly. Her hands formed fists on her thighs as she let the first tear drop flow down her face. Dong Hae reached out for her and lightly touched her arm and she flinched in response before she couldn’t hold it in and burst out in tears.

  “I-i-I’m s-so sorry. I di-did’n’t m-mean to hurt-t you.” She stuttered in between sobs. Dong Hae immediately softened.

  “I… There’s…. There’s something… something in my head.” Dong Hae cocked his head to the side, confused as to what the lady he had saved was saying.

  “There’s a voice… It’s… It’s telling me to kill him.” Dong Hae stiffened. Was this girl crazy? There’s a voice in her head telling her to kill someone?

  “I’m not crazy…” She answered the question in his head without him asking. “That’s why I tried to k…” She paused as she took a deep breath, trying to calm herself down. “Kill you.”

  Dong Hae nodded hesitantly, trying to take in whatever she was saying.

  “I want to get this voice out of my head. Please… Please you have to help me.” She begged and looked up at Dong Hae with earnest eyes. They still twinkled with tears and her cheeks were stained with the remnants of her previous tears.

  “You have to… Please… I don’t want to have that nightmare anymore. I don’t!” She suddenly screamed clutching her head again.

  You can’t get rid of me…

  “Please! MAKE IT STOP!” She screamed as she heard that terrifying voice once again.

  You can’t get rid of me dear. Not until you kill him…

  Hye Yun let out a shrill cry and out of instinct; Dong Hae wrapped his arms around Hye Yun. He hugged her tightly, muttering words of comfort and subconsciously her hair as she buried her face into his chest. After a few moments, Hye Yun’s hands fell from her head and lay limply at the side of her body.

  Noticing that, Dong Hae warily removed his arms around Hye Yun and pushed her slightly away from his body to see her face. Her eyes were closed and she was breathing lightly. She had fallen asleep. Dong Hae smiled to himself. Slowly placing one of his arms below her knees and one below her arms, he hoisted her up and placed her back onto the bed.

  She shivered a bit before Dong Hae pulled the duvet up to her chest area. She sighed in her sleep and to her side where she cuddled with the pillow and fell into a deeper sleep.

  When Hye Yun woke up, she immediately got off the bed to find Dong Hae. She found him asleep on the sofa. One of his arms laid over his eyes to block out the light and his ankles were crossed at the other end of the sofa. Hye Yun shook him lightly to wake him up.

  “Excuse me…” Dong Hae rubbed his eyes sleepily and sat up, ruffling his messy brown flop of hair.

  “Yeah? You’re awake? How’re you feeling?”

  “I’m fine…” She whispered before bowing her head down slightly. “Thank you.” She muttered.

  “Is it true? There’s a voice in your head telling you to kill someone?” Dong Hae asked straightforwardly. He had to be sure that he hadn’t been dreaming. Hye Yun hesitated for a few seconds before nodding meekly.

  “Please help me.” Hye Yun whispered. “Please help me get rid of it.” She looked up and stared at Dong Hae with pitiful eyes. He gazed at her for a second longer then needed. He took in her features. Big doe eyes, pale skin, light pink lips, short auburn brown hair.

  “What’s your name?”

  “Hye Yun. Choi Hye Yun.”

  “I’m Dong Hae. Lee Dong Hae.”

  “Nice to meet you Dong Hae.”

  “Hmmm.” Dong Hae nodded and stared at her for a while longer. He could sense the hopelessness and sadness that were present in her eyes and it only took him a second to make up his mind.

  “I’ll help you.” As soon as those words left his lips, her lips broke out into a wide smile.

 In a blink of an eye, months flew by. And in that few months, Dong Hae had fallen head over heels for a random girl who fainted on the street and confessed to Hye Yun over a candlelight dinner. They had been together ever since.

  Hye Yun also truly believed that Dong Hae was The One. He made her happy. He was a gentleman. He could cook. He had a stable career. He liked kids. And to top it all off, he was also absolutely dashing; as if the previous traits weren’t enough. He was everything that she had been dreaming off since she was a kid. He was her prince.

    After they were more comfortable with each other as a partner, Dong Hae tried his best to obtain some more information out of Hye Yun so he’d be able to find out about the person that she was looking for and kill. Being a police officer, he had easy access to past cri

Please log in to read the full chapter