On how a girl reaquaints with her feelings and Oh Sehun's stupid guitar

EXO One-Shot Collection

Slumping down on her seat, the girl sighed tiredly before burying her head in her arms.

 

Six days. Six days and thirteen hours, give or take, since the last time she talked to Sehun and quite frankly, she's beginning to regret it. Six days that she had gone avoiding her best friend, the longest that they have gone without communication in their years of friendship. But what can she do? She felt scared, suddenly felt insecure. 

The Oh Sehun that she grew up with, shared everything together with, suddenly blurted out something that she never imagined she would hear in her lifetime. And just like whenever she gets to sit down in silence these past few days, her mind suddenly decided to flashback 'The Thing' that happened almost a week ago. 

 

 

They were walking together to the bus stop under the guitar that Sehun was holding when the boy suddenly talked.

"This feels really weird, like a deja-vu."

"Glad you know what 'deja-vu' means, brat." The girl snickers, looking up her best friend to find him glaring at her, and then continues, "And it did happen, remember? High school garden? Chan oppa's guitar?"

"Yeah, I remember. You know, Chanyeol hyung freaked out and called up all of us that night because he thought his guitar was stolen. Giant didn't even know he forgot it in the music room after the club meeting." The girl laughed at the image of their friend freaking out over the phone for his beloved guitar. She then asked if Sehun told him that it was with him, not knowing how the story went because she fell sick the next day and wasn't able to attend school that day.

Hearing his best friend's question, Sehun billowed a loud laugh before saying no and recounting the story of Chanyeol almost bursting into tears the next day when he saw his guitar in his seat.

 

 

It should have ended that way, them reaching the bus stop still laughing out loud because of their friend's past blunder.

But no! She just have to ask Sehun why he even have his own guitar when he can always borrow one of their friends'.

God, she and her stupid mouth!

 

 

"Yeah, I don't think you want to know that now." Sehun said, smirking down at her from his seat in the bus next to her.

"But, why?! Wait, are you seriously thinking of courting someone now?" She asked, eyes shining in delight for the progress of her best friend's social and love life. Instead of answering her, Sehun just stared at her with a smile in his face.

 

 

God, she should have known by that time!

His eyes weren't even leaving her face when she keeps on nudging and nagging at him about his stupid guitar and his stupid decision of wanting to court someone!

 

 

Finally, finally, his resolve broke.

They were walking down their usual path to their neighborhood when Sehun just stayed still and stood near a lampost, eyes still on her. The light from the lampost illuminating his face as he took a large gulp of air and opened his mouth.

"You really want to know?" Sehun asked, gazing at her standing next to the lampost few steps away from her. She then looked up from her phone, finally (and surprisingly) seeing that he stopped walking next to her and is seriously looking at her.

"I do! What kind of a best friend am I if my other half isn't confident enough to entrust his secrets with me, right?" She said, smiling widely at Sehun from the other lampost and is motioning for her to come back and stand in front of him again. So she walked, eyes still shining in delight with the promise of her best friend trusting her with his own little crush.

 

 

Yeah, 'own little crush'. If you could even categorize a quarter-of-a-lifetime pinning over a girl that has been there with you since diapers a 'little crush'. She groans, knocking her head against the library table a couple of times.

 

She's still knocking her head on the table when a hand suddenly s between her head and her arms and cusioned her head.

"You." A familiar voice ringed at her ears making her groan even louder than before (but, of course, still soft as to not disturb the other students studying near her).

"I can even hear what he said now, oh god." She said softly, talking to herself and burying herself in the soft hand that was in her table.

"You know I would really like you cuddling with me, but, ow! Your head's really hurting me!" The voice said again, Sehun's, her head supplies, which threw her off. She then looked up and came face to face with the boy that she had been so keen on avoiding all week.

 

She reacquainted herself with his face, the all too familiar face that's been with her since she was just three years old and is still into her thumb, and Beanie Babies. The bags under his eyes were more prominent than they were when she last took a look at him properly, his recently dyed black hair much messier than when she was there to pat it down for him in the mornings.

"What? Missed me that much to look at my face with your jaw hanging open?" The boy across her said, eyes twinkling in amusement and a hint of tiredness, closing that has been left hanging open. "You could've just texted me or called me if you missed me, you know? Or better yet, you shouldn't have ignored and avoided me like a plague." Sehun continued, putting down his bag between their seats and reaching for her left hand before folding them with his to rest his head on it with his eyes closed. 

"You look like death..." The girl said, right hand twitching and wanting to fix his mess of a hair but stopped herself and just continued, "and Sehun, can- can you let go of my hand? I have class in ten minutes." She said tugging her hand out from Sehun's who just tightened his hold onto her hand in retailation. 

"Why do you think I look this?" He replied, opening his eyes and making an eye contact with her that she broke just seconds after to look around the library instead. "And, shut up, we both know that you don't have any class left today."

Still feeling sluggish from the lack of sleep that he's been having the past few days, Sehun just closed his eyes again, brushing his face in her hand and said, "Just... let me just sleep for a little while and forget all this happened. Please." 

 

And if her heart wasn't thumping fast enough with her best friend's sudden skinship before, her heart starts beating faster with the sudden realization of her feelings. One that she has been squashing fervently since Oh Sehun came out of his shell and becoming the swooner he is now.

 

Oh god, not these first love teenage feelings once again.