On how a girl managed to snatch Kim Jongdae's heart

EXO One-Shot Collection

The first time he saw her was in the bus bound for his university.

 

 

 

Kim Jongdae was looking for a vacant seat and saw one at the rear end of the bus.

Weaving his way to the seat, concentrating hard on balancing himself on the moving vehicle, his eyes happened to pass the hunched figure of the girl.

Earphones plugged in her ears, a book on top of her backpack and her long black hair tucked inside her white sweater to prevent it from blocking the text in her book.

It wasn't long after he sat down when he saw her pass a quick glance at him, making the part of her hair slip out of her sweater.

 

 

*thump thump*

 

 

He didn't know what has gotten into him. He don't even know why his eyes seemed like it was made just to stare at the girl across him.

 

Bringing him back from his own little world, his handphone buzzed from his pants pocket, a text message from his lab partner and roommate.

 

From: Yixing Ge

You brought our lab notes with you, right?

 

His eyes widened upon reading the message. He remembered printing it and putting it in his desk last night, but what he didn't remember is if he was able to put it in his backpack. And so, putting his phone back to his pocket, he opened his bag and rummaged it, finding the paper neatly tucked in between the pages of his physics book.

 

Letting out a sigh in relief, he quickly closed his bag, eyes travelling to the girl across him once again. And then... He saw her smile. Not knowing if it was because of the book that she's reading or because of him, Jongdae found himself smiling with her.

Throughout the ride, his eyes were pinned on the girl. Every time the girl would look up from her book and fix her hair, their eyes would meet which would, in turn, make him look away (maybe even making his cheeks flushed). Everytime she smiles, he would find himself smiling with her. It was as if her smile is infectious.

 

Almost half an hour on the ride, Jongdae looked around and saw the coffee shop where his friends, Baekhyun and Chanyeol, works part-time. It has always been his cue to get up from his seat and go down the bus. And so when he saw the girl standing up from her seat exactly the same time as him, he was genuinely surprised.

 

It turns out that they both go on the same university.

 

Their eyes met once again as she waits for the driver to stop, as if asking on who should go down first. He answered her with a smile and stepped one step back, as the bus door opened. And then, before going down the bus, the girl looked back at him and smiled. Jongdae has to bite his lips to prevent himself from grinning like an idiot at the sight of the girl's smile. And directed to him too!

 

Ah~ really. Could this day get any better?