The First Date~!!! A Oneshot for Mrem96!!!

Dajeong's Oneshot Workshop!!! (Temporarily Closed)

Chapter One

 

I ignore the busy cafe that my family owned around me. I had just got off of work after 5 long hours. I leaned back in the cushioned black seat that sat at one of the many tables around the cafe. For some reason, I was starting to get tired, so I quickly popped in my headphones and picked a random song on my Ipod playlist. Listening to the song, I suddenly got a burst of energy. I mouthed the words and started to dance the parts; ignoring the weird looks people started to give me.

 

"Mae Rin?" His voice stood out from the music. I looked up. His brown hair hung just above his brown eyes, a smile plastered on his perfect oval shaped head.

 

"Hey Mir!" I said happily. I put my music away as he slid in the chair in front of me. I pushed my plate of chocolate chip cookies to him, watching as his smile grew even bigger. The thing I admired most about Mir was how something this small could make him the happiest kid alive.

 

"Yummy!" He exclaimed as he started on the cookies. Watching him eat them, made me want some also. I reached for one of them my mouth starting to water a little when,

 

SMACK!

 

I looked up at Mir in surprise. Did he really just smack my hand away? He smiled at me like nothing ever happened. I reached for one again, receiving yet another smack on my hand.

 

"Mir, look! Its a blue hippo!" I yelled, pointing to the door behind him.

"WHere?" He looked behind him and I took that chance to steal one of the cookies I made. I stuffed it in my mouth but it was too late. He turned to look at me as I stuffed it in my mouth.

 

"Ahhh!" He yelled pointing his right index finger at me accusingly. "You tricked me so you can steal a cookie!" He tried to hold back laughter.

 

"Not uh!" I said through a mouth full of cookie. A crumb laid in the corner of my mouth.

"Evidence!" His eyes got wide. I shoved the crumb in my mouth and looked at him with innocent eyes.

"Where?" Once again, my mouth was full.

"Mae Rin, Are you eating the customers food again?" My brother Junjin asked, playfully glaring at me.

"Yes she is!" Mir answered for me. I quickly finish chewing. A piece of cookie caught in my throat. So, before I could choke, without thinking, I grabbed Mir's coffee and took a sip. His eyes were wide with shock and so was my brothers.

 

"All better?" Mir asked sarcastically, still holding back a smile. I nodded happily.

"Choi Mae Rin!" My brother yelled astonished. I giggled a my brother as he left the table to go back to work. I sat there for a few seconds saying nothing to Mir. The silence wasn't the awkward kind of silence you would get around people you don't know. Mir and I were friends and have been for a while so the silence felt comfortable.

 

"Lets go out for a walk?" Mir asked. Without waiting for my answer, he grabbed my hand and yanked me up. I followed him down the semi-busy street of Seoul, South Korea. We made it to the park only minutes later. The weather was perfect. It was sunny but not hot. There was a light breeze, but it wasn't chilly. Automatically, we went to the swing set. I sat down on one swing, and instead of sitting next to me, like usual, we pushed me.

 

"Mae Rin, do you have a boyfriend?" Mir asked curiously. I started to swing high.

"No, do you?"

"No, I don't have a boyfriend." Mir joked and I giggled.

"What is your ideal first date?" I asked.

"My ideal first date.." he started, then took a nervous breath. Why was he so nervous. "would be spent with-"

 

"Mae Rin!" My brother interrupted, coming into the park. "I know your off, but can you stay longer? We have a sudden rush." I nodded and jumped off the swing landing gracefully on the ground.

 

"I'll see you later Mir." I told Mir giving him a smile and started after my brother.

"Wait." I turned around to face him. "Lets hang out later ok?" I smiled, nodded, then started to exit again. Mir grabbed my hand and yanked me to face him. I stared up at him, surprised and slightly confused.

 

"I mean as a date." I started to tell him, we should go out just as friends. I mean, Mir and I have been friends for a while. I realized I was staring at him, so I answered what came to my mind first.

 

"Yea, sure." I told him. My blood rushed at the sight of his smile. I wanted to stay near him, to stare in his eyes all night.

"Mae Rin." My brother caught my attention. I snapped out of this weird spell.

"I'll come by your house at eight." He said and I nodded.

"Bye." I whispered and followed my brother.

 

 

Chapter 2

 

Time seem to pass by slowly. My parents didn't let me go after the rush they had in case there would be another rush. My mind wondered. Me? On a date? With Mir? I do I even feel that way about Mir? He's cute and sweet and-

 

"Mae Rin. Take this to table four." I grabbed the sauce and made my way to table four.

"Here is your sauce." I smiled to the nice looking couple and bowed. They gave me a smile in return and a thank you. I walked away quickly.

 

Why would Mir ask me on a date? Maybe he likes me. No, I shook my head. Cant be. But what if he does? I shook my head again. He doesn't. I told myself. There is no way.

 

"Mae Rin. Take this drink to table seven." I nodded. I went to the table and sat the glass down.

"Excuse me?" I looked up at a girl sitting by herself. "I didn't order this." I glanced around.

"I'm sorry." With a bow, I left the table that I realized was table two, and made it to table seven. The man didn't look up from his book. I set it down and quickly went to the back.

 

Why would he ask you out if he doesn't- NO! I signed. Why hadn't I ever thought of him any more then just a friend?

 

"Mae Rin." I jumped up at my father's voice. He smiled at me. "You can go home now. "

"Thank you." I bowed to him and rushed out the door. It was almost six. I quickly ran home and took a shower. I wanted to look my best for my very first date. Instead of leaving my hair straight, like usual, I decided I wanted it to be curly tonight. I applied a little bit of make-up and choose a cute outfit.

 

If you don't think of him like that, why was I trying to look so pretty? Shut up stupid head! I thought to myself. Is it too much? I thought as glanced in the mirror. No, it's my first date. I can look pretty if I want to. Even if- Didnt I say to shut up? I laughed at myself.

 

"And now, I'm talking to myself." I said out loud nervously. There was a knock at the door. I glanced at the clock. 7:50. He's ten minutes early. I opened the door.

 

"H-hey Mir." I stutterer nervously. Looking up at him, he was gorgeous. Breath taking, even. He laughed.

"Come on." Slowly I walked toward him. He laughed again, as if he could see my nervousness through my expression. He grabbed my hand and yanked me out side. "Lets go to the fair." Mir said. The evening sky was dark, but the full moon made the night comforting.

 

"Ok." I said quietly. Why are you so nervous? Shut up, its all of your fault. We walked in the direction of the fair. We walked in a nervous silence. I hope he doesn't take the silence as awkward and change his mind about the date? I sighed. I really wish I could shut you up. I told myself.

 

"Are you ok?" Mir asked. I looked up to see the fair entrance and nodded. "Ok well, lets play a game!"

"Ok!" I said smiling at him.

"From here on out, we have to talk in questions. ok?" I nodded excitedly. "Who ever wins, gets to tell the other one to do one thing. "

"Ok." I said. "Starting now." I said starting the game.

"You want me to pay?" He smiled heading to the ticket booth.

"Thats ok, I can-" I started to make it a statement then switched it up. "pay, if you want?"

"Do you mind if I got this one?" He smiled innocently and paid the ticket collector.

"Which ride do you want to ride first?" He grabbed my hand and held it in his. I ignored the feeling of butterflies flying around in my stomach that I got.

 

"Do you want to choose first?" He asked.

"Do you want to choose second?" I retorted as I held back laughter.

"Sure?" He asked it like a question, even though, that wasn't really a question, I let it slide continuing to playing the game.

 

"How about this one?" I pointed to the first one we came too. It was a caterpillar. More of a kiddie ride, but it still looked fun.

 

"What about that one?" He pointed to the one next to him. I knew he only asked because he was running out of questions, so I had to mess him up.

 

"Didn't you say I could pick first?" I giggled as he laughed at me.

"Can I ask you a question?" He asked, stalling.

"Isn't that what the object of this game was?" He smiled but he was serious.

"Can I ask you after the ride?"

"Do you think the game will last that long?" He lead me to the ride I had picked first.

"Do you want to sit in the front or the back?" I smiled at him.

"Hows the middle?" I lead him to a random seat in the middle. He still held my hand in his, but I tried not to think about that. The ride was too loud for us to say anything and be heard. The ride swayed side to side, up and down, only to stop 3 and a half minutes later.

 

I followed Mir off the ride. Once again, he grabbed my hand and held it tight. He smiled.

"That was fun." He said not looking at me.

"That wasn't a question." I pointed out. "So I win?" He smirked, but still didn't look at me. He started to fidget with his hands.

 

"I let you win." I giggled at him.

"So I get to choose one thing for you to do." I said and pretended to think. "I'll have to think about this. I wanna make it good."

 

"Ok, Now I wanna ask you a question." He took a deep breath. Why was he so nervous?

"Mae Rin, Will you be my girlfriend?" It took me a few moments to realize what he meant.

"Yes." I whispered low, but we were so close, I know he heard me. My eyes locked with his. For the moment, even if though there were thousands of people rushing around us, we were the only ones standing there. He inched his face closer to mine. I closed my eyes and felt his lips brush against mine. I started to pull away, but someone behind me, bumping me back to Mir. Our lips reconnected as I lost my balance, but thankfully, his arms wrapped around me, holding me up. His hand slid behind my head, holding it against him. His lips pressed gently against mine, making electricity shoot through my veins. A shocking jolt flew through my blood, going through all of my body. We separated seconds later. I felt my cheeks go red. I glanced up at him. His cheeks were flushed red just like mine causing me to giggle.

 

"My turn to pick a ride." He smiled down at me, and grabbed my hand, leading me to the scariest ride at the fair. I looked at it nervously as I walked hand and hand with my new boyfriend.