Fear?

What Is This Feeling..?

*Taemin's POV

 

The sunlight seeped through the blinds. Today, I know something unforeseen will occur. I just know it....

 

At School:

"TAEMIN!" Key squealed jubilantly across the hallways. His eyes were shimmering. What is he up to...?

Onew was chasing after him, screaming something that I didn't pay much attention to.

Jonghyun was chasing after both, Onew and Key. What is with all this chasing after one another?

When Key was close enough, he tackled me. The tackle wasn't strong enough to make me fall though. Quickly, he sprung off of me.

I grinned. He never fails to amaze me.

"Key, you shouldn't run around tackling Taemin." Jonghyun took a deep breath and sighed.

"What? Are you jealous?" Key asked sarcastically.

Jonghyun blushed slightly and look down, obviously trying to avoid answering the question.

"We should get to class." I stated. Key started to pout.

"Now, don't get all pouty with me." I poked his cheek and chuckled.

"Fineeeee." He rolled his eyes and started to walk inanimately to class. Onew headed off with him.

I began to amble towards my classroom with Jonghyun.

"So, you were jealous?" I teased.

"Shut up.." Jonghyun shook his head and I smirked.

I took my seat in my plastic, aquamarine chair.

"Alright, class. Today, you to be assigned a project. This project requires a partner and I will choose your partner for you, so that you won't pick a friend who will distract you from your work by babbling. This project will count for 45% of your grade. The due date is this Friday." I'm so overjoyed that it's Monday, only because of the due date.

I zoned out until I heard my name called.

"Lee Taemin, your partner is Choi Minho."

My heart dropped and my eyes subconsciously bulged a bit. Why am I nervous all of a sudden? Am I afraid of him? No way. Minho's just a classmate, not a delinquent. He's done nothing horrible to me. It just didn't make any logical sense why I felt this way.

"Class, start discussing ideas with your partner."

Marvelous... I wonder how I'll react to Minho this time.

Minho strode up to my desk. His expression was all smiles. I wonder if that face is just a coverup and maybe he is as perturbed as I am.

It started to become scorching hot as Minho snatched the nearest empty chair and sat down.

I placed my one of my hands on my cheek. Why am I blushing?!

"So, I thought we coul-," Minho instantly stopped discussing his plan with me and looked at my face. "Taemin, are you feeling alright?"

"I-I'm fine!" I insisted looking down as I felt my face become a darker hue of scarlet.

"Are you sure? Your face is all r-,"

"I'm perfectly okay!!!" I nodded my head up and down. I probably look like a bobble-head.

"Okay then. So, I think we should start this project at the library. I'll give you my phone number incase you get lost or something of that sort." He began to scribble on a sheet of paper. Scribble? Who am I kidding. This guy so flawlessly, it seemed like the paper and pen were ecstatic over the rhythm of his hands movements.

"Let's try to meet up tomorrow, okay?" He gave me that cheery expression again.

I tried to open my mouth, but all I could do was nod.

"Wonderful. Thanks for being so cooperative, Taemin."