Damn Howon

Damn Howon

“Hey honey..please open the door.”

Howon was knocking softly at your bedroom’s door, trying to persuade you. You just came home from shopping with him. You were so mad at Howon when he refused to let you bring home a cute little kitten you found near the supermarket. You were not really a cat lover, but the stray cat was so cute, its soft hairs and bright round eyes attracted you like a magnet and you just want to bring it home. But no. Howon just had to yank you away from the kitten saying there was no way you could raise a cat in the small apartment. You still remember how you could almost see sorrows in the eyes of the cute little kitten when you were dragged away from it.

Damn Howon.

“Go away. I don’t want to see you.”

You could hear a sigh escaped from his lips and you started to feel guilty. You didn’t even know why you were a little bit too sensitive lately. You know you shouldn’t have given Howon a cold shoulder. It wasn’t even his fault. You knew he were right. With your financial status and an apartment not that big, a cat might be a burden. Thinking about the cat, you grinned when you recalled its cute features. How you wish you could keep it.

Damn Howon.

You hugged your pillow tightly trying to forget about the cat. But the pillow smelled like Howon, a soft scent of apple and cinnamon. You eyed the pillow judgingly before throwing it across the room. You buried your face on the blanket and..damn, that also smelled like Howon! You decided to just roll around in the blanket trying to mend your broken heart. Just then you realized there was no more any sound from outside. You couldn’t hear Howon anymore.

“Howon?”

No reply. Eh..did he leave me alone? Did he just run away?!

You quickly stood up from your bed and rushed to open the bedroom door. No more Howon at your door. “Baby?” Your small voice wafted through the air and echoed back at you. The silence made the hair behind your neck rose up and you gulped. You walked across the living room to the kitchen, no Howon. You went to the balcony, still no Howon.

Damn Howon.

You wondered where he had been. You could see his wallet and cellphone on the table, but where the hell was he? You felt tears forming in your eyes and you wiped it off before it could fall. You felt guilty. Howon must be mad at you right now. You shouldn’t have treated him like that. You felt so bad for acting like a kid. You really wished he would come back soon. You missed him already. You wanted to call him but he didn’t bring his cellphone so it would be very much useless. You promised to yourself you would apologize as soon as he came back home. You promised you would cook his favourite dish every day. You promised to hug him the moment you see him. You promised to never bug him about silly things anymore. You promised to ..

Ding dong

The sharp sound of the doorbell pulled you off your trance and you instantly looked towards the door. You wondered if Howon had finally decided to come back. Wiping any tears left off your face, you literally flew over to the front door and swung the door open, ready to hug Howon..

Meoww

You were completely dumbfounded. Howon was holding a small kitten in his arms, and the kitten, looked so much like..

“I’m sorry. I know I should’ve given you a chance to raise this little kitty. I’m really sorry.”

You look at the kitten, before looking at Howon, and looked back down at the kitten.

“You..I thought you..”  were mad at me?

“I was really lucky the kitten was still there where we last left him. Oh. Yeah..it’s a him! What would you name him?”

Howon beamed at you as he nuzzled his face towards the cute little fluff. He later shoved the cat in your arms and you chuckled when it seemed to greet you happily by your face. You heard Howon let out a satisfactory sigh so you looked up at him and saw his soft smile.

“I.. I didn’t know you would go back there to get this cat.”

“You know I can’t stand it when you ignore me. If this little fella is going to make you look at me again, I could’ve done anything to bring it to you.”

You laughed at his rare cheesiness.

“So now..what should we call this little boy? Umm..Hoya?”

“Hoya? What about Wolfie?”

“Oh..Wolfie sounds nice! Hello, Wolfie. Welcome to your new home!”

You could hear Wolfie purred as you rubbed his head, a good sign from a new member of the family.

Moments later when you were so indulged in the kitty in your arms, you caught Hoya wrapping his arms around your waist. He stepped closer before planting a soft kiss on your forehead.

“Now don’t stop smiling that smile I love the most.”

You blushed a deep shade of red and you pulled away from his embrace.

“Stop being cheesy, Lee Howon. Yeww.”

You heard Howon snickered behind you and you thought you saw Wolfie winking at him.