Hiccupping

Hiccupping

“Heung-hic-soo!” A certain curly haired boy called to his friend in the next room, “Heung Soo-hic-ah!”
                “What!” His friend yelled back obviously annoyed by the insistent calling. He walked into the room to see his friend sprawled out on the floor surrounded by a mess of pillows and blankets. “Aish. . . You’re going to melt in this weather if you don’t take off that sweater and clean up that mess.”
                “Hic- Heung Soo I can’t stop –hic- hiccupping,” Nam Soon said acting like a child while pouting.
                “Yah! Stop acting like a child. And have you tried drinking water.” Heung soo said crossing his arms, and giving him a look that said ‘you’re acting like you’re Byun Ki-Deok’.
                “. . . No. . . . But-hic- Heung Soo it’s too hot -hic- to move” Heung Soo walked over to Nam Soon and hit him lightly on the head. “Then take off your school sweater you bastard!” Heung Soo proceeded to kneel in front of his friend pull him into a sitting position. He reached towards his friend tugging on his school jacket, only to throw it across the room in a heap, soon followed by the gray sweater.  Nam Soon’s hiccupping was starting to annoy Heung Soo to no end, so he pulled Nam Soon until he stood and all but dragged the boy to the kitchen.
                “Now, drink some water and stop complaining!” Heung Soo said throwing a bottle to Nam Soon who decided lying on the floor with an arm across his eyes was a good way to stop hiccupping. The bottle hit Nam Soon in the stomach, before the boy on the floor could get up to grab one.
                Nam Soon drained the bottle only to hiccup again a few seconds later. Heung Soo sighed and lied down next to Nam Soon, “If only it was that easy. . . Try holding your breath . . .” Nam Soon sat up and pulled in some air.
                About thirty seconds later a red cheeked Nam Soon was panting and lying on his back covering his eyes with his arm again. again . . . still hiccupping . . . “Heung- hic-Soo-ah, it didn’t work!

            Heung Soo seemed a bit hesitant and was slightly blushing, “before I resort to . . . that method . . . let’s look up some ways to get rid of hiccups . . .” Nam Soon looked at Heung Soo confused, “What method?” Heung Soo just shook his head, “Your phone gets internet right?”  Nam Soon nodded taking out his phone.

            Soon the friends had found a few websites . . . though some of the things seemed unrealistic. . . Nam Soon tried pulling his legs up to his chest, putting a few drops of vinegar in his mouth, and even tugging on his tongue like the website said . . . but ten minutes later the insistent noise coming from Nam Soon was slowly driving Heung Soo insane. Heung Soo had admitted to himself the fact that he liked (maybe even loved) Nam Soon, and at first comsidered the little noise coming from Nam Soon to be cute . . .But after ten to fifteen minutes of the hiccupping it had become annoying and bothersome.

             Nam Soon had sat up and crossed his arms while pouting, hiccupping all the while. Heung Soo smiled a bit at this. “Well I guess I have no choice. . .” He said smirking a bit at the boy whose look changed from one of pouting to one of confusion. “What do you mean” He said looking at Heung Soo a little skeptically. “It’s not like you can do the scaring method, ‘cause I can expect it, and everything on that website failed”

             Before Nam Soon could say any more, Heung Soo reached over and pulled Nam Soo by the collar down so his face was inches from his own. Nam Soo had to put his hands on either side of Heung Soo’s head to steady himself from whole bodily falling on top of his friend. After a few seconds of the boys staring into each other’s eyes, Heung Soo had enough and pulled Nam Soon to him, kissing him gently. When Heung Soo felt no response he pulled Nam Soon back slightly to see him wide eyed, quite surprised and not hiccupping. “Looks like my plan worked.” Heung Soo said smiling a little regretfully at the lack of response.
            But before Heung Soo could push Nam Soon back into the position, Nam Soon smiled a bit and leaned down close to Heung Soo’s face again, “If you had warned me about what you were going to do, I would have given you a better response.” “If I warned you, your hiccups wouldn’t have stopped now would they you bastard. . .” Heung Soo said pulling Nam Soon’s head back down to him.