Love

자유 True Beauty
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

love [luhv] n. - a feeling of warm personal attachment or deep affection, as for a parent, child, or friend.

 

“There are a total of 8 escape routes,” Mihyun spoke in a hushed voice as she pin pointed the locations on the map with her finger. “5 are open on this side of the Noye grounds, but 3 more will be opened after the first detonation.”

“And what will happen after we are to escape through these routes?” Jongup asked with a raised eyebrow.

“There will be people waiting for you to take you back to safety. You can trust these people, don’t worry,” Mihyun smiled lightly after getting pointed looks from some of the Noyes. “They’ll take you in and keep care over you until words comes out as to what will be done with the rebelling Noyes. Please do your best to be kind to these people, for they are risking their lives for your safety.”

“But…” Mihyun paused as a solemn expression took over her face. “They cannot take all of you. Many of you will have to fend for yourselves… and…”

Sehun pressed a comforting hand to Mihyun’s shoulder and pushed her gently to the side to signal that he would continue, “Mihyun has tried her best to guarantee everybody a spot to safety, but even her best cannot solve the greatest of problems. If you find yourself as one of the unlucky ones, quickly find shelter. Don’t trust people too easily if they are to offer you help, but don’t anger them into reporting you either. To avoid getting split apart from your friends, make plans earlier as to where you are to gather.”

“And when will this be happening?” a Noye spoke up in a hushed tone.

There was a pregnant silence, “You’ll know when it does,” Sehun responded simply.

“The guards are coming back, everybody go back to your cages,” Jongin called out in a hushed whisper as he sprinted down the hallway. He had been keeping watch at the cage entrance, for the guards had disappeared momentarily for a meeting. The Noyes scattered apart like bugs, quickly heading back to their cages to avoid being questioned by the guards.

“Do you really have no idea as to when we are to—” Baekhyun began to speak, cutting off when Mihyun pressed a hand to his mouth. His eyes widened questioningly, and she shook her head, nodding over to where a guard had just turned the corner.

She quickly pulled away her hand to avoid the suspecting eyes of the guard, and waved her good byes to the remaining Noyes.

“We’ll see you later, okay?” Mihyun smiled nonchalantly as she slipped her arm through Luhan’s. “Jaesuk should be expecting us now.”

“But you still—we’ll see you tomorrow!” Chanyeol replied, pouting at Baekhyun who had nudged his elbow roughly into Chanyeol’s side.

“The guards are getting worse, aren’t they?” Sehun asked in a hushed voice once the three of them were in safe confines of the car.

Mihyun nodded her head solemnly with a distressed expression stretched across her face, “Jaemin is rather relentless, isn’t he?”

“You have to be careful from now on, Mihyun. You can’t afford being caught,” Sehun frowned as he rubbed a smudge off of the girl’s cheek.

“Like I hadn’t known that already,” Mihyun chuckled as she swatted his hand away playfully.

The pair looked over to Luhan when he tugged at each of their sleeves, and read the board he held up. Is Jaemin going to try to do something bad?

“Get that frown off your face, Hyung,” Sehun smiled as he ruffled the front of his hair. “Even if he does, I’ll be there to protect you all.”

His words were met with a loud snort, courtesy of Jaesuk. Sehun replied by aiming a rough kick to the back of his chair, smiling with satisfaction at the cry of protest the other emitted.

“Can you two try not acting like children every time you are together?” Mihyun sighed as she gave the pair of them a pointed look.

“No,” they both responded simultaneously.

She exchanged knowing looks with Luhan who reached over to give her a comforting pat on the shoulder.

“You think… you think we’ll have to start it soon?” Sehun spoke up quietly after a brief lull in the conversation.

He was met with another stretch of silence, as each of the occupants thought over his words.

“I don’t know,” Mihyun responded honestly. “We’re just going to have to start when the time is right. I don’t… I don’t think we’re ready for it yet, to be honest. We’ve prepared for this so much, and over such a long period of time. We’ve discussed every escape route, every back up plan, every course of action, and we couldn’t be any more physically prepared than we are now… but…”

Her unspoken words were continued in each of their minds – they weren’t mentally prepared. They weren’t prepared to lose a loved one, to lose one of their own. They weren’t prepared to see the deaths that would happen left and right. They weren’t prepared for the days and weeks of fear and worry that would immediately follow.

This was something they could never be prepared for.

The death of Kyungsoo was still a fresh wound torn into their hearts, and one that would never be healed. After all, the only thing more frightening than death is the thought of dying itself.

 

 

“Do you have it?” Mihyun asked somberly as she clenched her fingers tightly together. Her palms had began to perspire, and she wiped them against her shirt to get rid of clamminess. She stared up at Yixing expectantly, ignoring the rapid pounding of her heart against her chest.

“Mihyun, I don’t think this—” Yixing began to speak up.

“I asked if you brought it, Yixing, not for your opinion,” Mihyun interrupted coldly. She sent him an apologetic expression immediately after. “Please don’t make this any harder than it already is, Yixing.”

Yixing opened his mouth to protest, but reluctantly pressed his lips together, giving her a stiff nod. He slid open an envelope and pulled out its contents to place in front of Mihyun.

“It has everything I’ve asked?” Mihyun asked as she briefly skimmed her eyes over the papers content.

“I… yes,” Yixing answered quietly, turning his head away to avoid the temptation of speaking out.

“Jaesuk,” Mihyun spoke up as she turned to the male in question.

Jaesuk tensed as he glanced down at the seated girl, “Yes, Agashi?”

“You don’t have to stand there like a rock. I know you want to say something but are worried about disrespecting me. You don’t work for my father anymore, Jaesuk, you’re free to say whatever you want,” Mihyun sighed as she ran her hand through her hair.

“I… I just…” Jaesuk murmured uncertainly, his eyes darting around the room as if the walls would respond with answers. “I don’t like this,” he finally admitted.

Mihyun nodded understandingly, “I’m sorry I’m placing so much responsibility onto you.”

“That’s not it, Agashi,” Jaesuk clarified. He clenched his fists tightly and glared down at the papers in front of her, “I don’t like the idea of you making a will.”

“Then what would happen if I die?” Mihyun asked with a raised eyebrow.

Everybody flinched at her words.

“You won’t,” Jaesuk responded without skipping a b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter