Trepidation

자유 True Beauty
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

tredpidation [tre-pə-ˈdā-shən]  n. - a feeling of fear that causes you to hesitate because you think something bad or unpleasant is going to happen.

 

“You’re crazy, aren’t you?” Baekhyun asked as he stared down at the photo on Mihyun’s phone with disbelief. “You’re crazy, crazy, absolutely crazy.”

“How the hell did you do this?” Chanyeol asked incredulously; he didn’t know whether he should be impressed that Jongin had managed to capture a picture of the map, or furious that the other had even tried.

“If I tell you you’d get mad,” Jongin answered simply as he smiled smugly down at him. “So I’m not going to say a word.”

“Kim Jongin, seriously what did you do?” Sehun asked with narrowed eyes and crossed arms. He was actually incredibly impressed that Jongin had managed to achieve such a success, but refused to give the other any bit of satisfaction. Jongin could have died for what he had done, and Sehun wasn’t about to congratulate him for getting lucky.

There was a long pause as Jongin contemplated as to whether or not he should confess his actions. He glanced around the room to gauge the expressions of the others before training his gaze onto the ground, deep in thought.

“Jongin,” Baekhyun called out in a warning tone. He held his hand up threateningly, not afriad to smack the boy upside his head if he didn't confess.

“I may have knocked the guards out or something like that,” Jongin admitted under his breath.

“You did what?!” Chanyeol exclaimed incredulously as he slammed the palms of his hands down against the floor. “Oh god, you’re dead. They’re going to come looking for you and take you and kill you – what have you done Kim Jongin? Oh god, oh god.”

“Relax, they didn’t even see me,” Jongin dismissively waved his hand at him. “And I didn’t punch him or something like that; I just mixed a few chemicals around and smashed it in his face."

A small smile spread across his face as he recalled the memory, "It was kind of funny to be honest, he just fidgeted around for a few seconds before going limp." The smile quickly disappeared once Baekhyun shot him a deathly glare.

“That’s even worse than if you punched them!” Chanyeol cried as he threw his arms up into the air with disbelief. “How did you know what you were doing? You could have killed them!”

Jongin rolled his eyes at Chanyeol’s nagging, and simply shrugged him off. “You know I work in the chemical storage after all. There was this one time one of the newbies knocked over a few bottles, and the combination knocked him out for a few hours. I just mixed them together in a little bottle, soaked it in a bit of cloth, and shoved it against the guy’s face.”

“You’re either a genius or an idiot,” Sehun sighed as he shook his head.

“An idiot is my pick,” Chanyeol muttered under his breath.

“Why can’t you guys just be appreciative?” Jongin sighed as he rolled his eyes. “What’s done has been done, and we wouldn’t be able to make it anywhere without this, so you’re all welcome.”

“Kim Jongin.”

Jongin flinched against Mihyun’s hard tone, and he glanced meekly over at her, “Yeah?”

Mihyun continued to stare blankly at him for a few more seconds before softening her expression, “Thank you.”

A wide grin quickly spread across Jongin’s face and he held a thumb up, “No problem!”

“But if you ever try something like this again, we won’t have to wait for the guards to kill you because I’ll do it myself,” Mihyun continued with a sharp look. “Are we clear?”

Jongin let out a silly smile and pressed the side of his hand against his forehead as a salute, “Yes Ma’am!”

“I’ll look this map over tonight, and organize areas as to where we should plant the bombs,” Mihyun nodded as she carefully tucked her phone into her pocket. “There’s going to be a browsing event in a few days, so security around certain places will decrease by a lot.”

“If it’s a browsing event, doesn’t the security tighten up?” Chanyeol asked with a confused expression.

Mihyun shook her head and explained, “Most of the Noye house security is stationed in the main hall where all the guests will be attending, which means security in other places that won’t be visited by the guests will be loosened.”

“And so where do we come in?” Yongguk asked as he stepped back into the cage with the other boys in tow.

Mihyun smiled up at them as a greeting, “Just in time. You all will be split up into pairs and will be assigned a specific area to plant a bomb in. Unfortunately I won’t be able to directly help you on the day because I have to be one of the guests attending the browsing event, but I will be keeping my eyes and ears open for anything that might be happening. I’ll organize everything tonight and inform you all of everything tomorrow.”

“This is going to be dangerous, and although it isn’t likely that you’ll be caught, it still remains as a possibility. If you don’t want to take the risk, tell me now and I’ll remove you from the planning,” Mihyun continued, training her eyes mainly on Youngjae as she spoke.

“You don’t even need to tell us that,” Jongin smirked as he folded his arms. He turned his gaze over to the latest additions of the group, and narrowed his eyes at them. “Well?”

“We’re in,” Yongguk nodded his head firmly as he shot Youngjae a hard look.

Youngjae opened his mouth to protest, but reluctantly closed it after being nudged in the ribs, courtesy of Himchan.

“Looks like things are finally starting to get interesting around here,” Jongin smirked as he cracked his knuckles. He slid his hand into his pocket, and clenched his fingers around the small scrap of paper Kyungsoo had sacrificed his life protecting. “It’s about damn time.”

 

 

“Why can’t I be with Baekhyun?” Chanyeol whined as he flailed his limbs childishly around Baekhyun’s waist. “No offense to you Luhan Hyung, but I can protect Baekhyun much better than anybody else!”

“I don’t need your protection, giant,” Baekhyun rolled his eyes as he elbowed his way out of Chanyeol’s grip. He wrapped his arm around Luhan’s shoulders and grinned, “I’m perfectly fine with my partner!”

Luhan smiled gratefully up at Baekhyun, causing the latter male to reach out and happily stretch the elder's cheeks for "looking so damn cute!".

“No complaints, Chanyeol,” Mihyun shrugged simply as she handed him and Minseok the area they were supposed to infiltrate. She had the picture Jongin had taken on her phone blown up, and was incredibly grateful for the great detail the map possessed. “I split you up into pairings after a lot of thought. You and Minseok go best together because you work in the same area that I’m assigning to you, and therefore know the surroundings a lot better. Luhan and Baekhyun both work in the guard house often, so they’re the best pair for that area.”

“But they are both two little shrimps,” Sehun added in, holding his hands up defensively when both Luhan and Baekhyun shot him dirty looks. “If they get caught who’s going to protect them?”

“The guard house is the safest place there is,” Mihyun explained as she tapped her finger against the said area on the map. “It should be completely abandoned because any guard caught slacking off on the day of the browsing event will suffer dire consequences. They know better than to even set a single foot in their resting house.”

“I’ll slowly be bringing the explosives over the next few days, and you all must take great care to hide these from prying eyes,” Mihyun continued as she pulled her bag from her shoulder to set in front of her. “They vary in sizes, and I’ll go over where each specific bomb is supposed to planted in your designated areas.”

“I’ve already hacked into the security base of the Noye house, and there are very few cameras installed anywhere, so you won’t have to worry too much about being caught on

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter