Enthralling

자유 True Beauty
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Enthralling [in-ˈthrȯl-ing] verb - to capture one's attention completely; fascinating; spellbinding

 

Mihyun returned to the cages the next day at an ungodly hour of the morning, and she greeted the sleepy Noyes with heavy bags under her drooping eyes.

“You look exhausted, Mihyun,” Baekhyun frowned as he rubbed the sleep away from his eyes.

“I’ve just been busy, that’s all,” Mihyun murmured sleepily as she stumbled towards them in small strides.

Sehun felt worry consume his chest, and he immediately left Luhan’s side to go to Mihyun’s. He stood firmly next to the girl’s swaying figure, ready to catch the weak body if it were to collapse. “You shouldn’t have come. You should have gone home to rest.”

“You told me to come back soon, didn’t you?” Mihyun murmured through drooping eyelids.

Sehun was both embarrassed and amazed that she had heard his silent request, and he couldn’t help but feel a sudden happiness burst through his chest. Still, he refused to let his glee show on his face, and he forced his eyes to narrow at the exhausted girl. “Not if you were going to come like this. You should go home to rest.” No, don’t leave.

“I can’t,” Mihyun murmured as she sunk to the hard ground. She pulled her knees up to her chest and rested the side of her face against her knee caps. “I already sent my driver away for the night.”

It was beginning to get even harder for Sehun to force the frown on his face. “You like being so much trouble, don’t you? Well, since there is no choice, I guess you can slee—”

“You can come sleep with me, Mihyun!” Baekhyun piped up cheerfully as he patted the open space next to him.

Sehun’s jaw dropped. What exactly did Baekhyun think he was doing? He should know his place, and his place was definitely not at Mihyun’s side. That was Sehun’s place! It was Sehun that Mihyun had chosen at the hallways, it was Sehun that belonged to Mihyun, and it was Sehun that the girl had called beautiful. How dare his Hyung even offer to share his scrap of blanket with his master?

“It’s quite alright, Baekhyun,” Mihyun responded as she closed her eyes. “I would take up too much room. Just return to sleep, alright?”

Baekhyun and Sehun would have laughed at the words that the girl stated if they didn't want to interupt her rest. How could a girl of such small size actually think that she would consume too much space? Baekhyun opened his mouth to protest, but through the dim moonlight that came through the barred window, he accidently met eye contact with Sehun. The other’s angry orbs were enough to tell him to shut his mouth. “I… I’ll be getting to sleep then. Goodnight.”

The other’s fake snores that came seconds after were much too obvious, and Sehun resisted the urge to face palm himself. Luckily enough, Mihyun was simply too exhausted to care for distinguishing the differences between real and fake snores.

“Come,” Sehun stated silently as he scooped the small girl into his arms. She gave him weak protests as he transported her over to his scrap of a blanket, and laid her across the thin protection from the cold floor. Sehun frowned when the girl shivered, and he never hated the poor living arrangements of the cage more. He lied down next to Mihyun and slid his arm underneath the girl’s neck, transferring her head to his strong chest as a better source of warmth and support.

Sehun was overjoyed when the girl didn’t protest against the new sleeping arrangements and his lips spread so wide that he was afraid they would have ripped when the small female curled closer against the radiator of heat. Her quiet, even breaths that sounded seconds after were enough to tell him that she had fallen asleep, and now he dared to open his eyes and stare at the small girl.

He couldn’t see much except for a nest of hair, and internally cursed himself for positioning her at such an angle.  Now how could he admire the girl’s delicate, doll like features?

Sehun’s eyes immediately widened in realization, and he would have slapped himself if his arms weren’t all too comfortably wrapped around Mihyun’s small shoulders. He let out a long, quiet groan as he thought about the current situation. He was giving in to the girl much too quickly for his liking. He found it utterly ridiculous that after 3 years of knowing Baekhyun and Chanyeol, he still didn’t completely trust them, yet with only a week of knowing Mihyun, he was already willing to give up his life for hers if a situation were to demand it.

That scared him. He never cared for anybody other than Luhan before, and the fact that those that he needed to watch over and protect doubled in numbers, scared him.

Sehun quickly decided, however, that he would erase the fearful thoughts from his mind and simply enjoy life as it was. Life in the present. Life with Mihyun.

Little did Sehun know that he wasn’t the only who had changed so quickly after the introduction of a new character into their life. Mihyun had transformed her character in an even more dramatic way than Sehun had. No longer did the petite girl speak in soft tones of such few words at a time. Although her character stayed rather monotonous when she was home, she seemed to slip under a whole new persona when she was with the boys. She was still soft spoken of course, and wasn’t fond of too much excitement, but she enjoyed herself a lot more. She spoke complete sentences, stringing several of them together at a time. She found herself actually making an effort to talk to the boys, and to sneak them food and medicine, to care for them. Most importantly, she found herself smiling with them.

The boys had made her smile more in the past few days then she had in almost her entire life.

It seemed as though fate was working rather quickly in turning the gears of their relationship; as if it to make up for all the time lost.

 

 

Sehun woke up the next, or to be more exact, later on that morning from the hushed giggles and whispers that flew across the room.

“What the hell is going on?” Sehun grumbled as he rubbed at his eyes. He tried to get up, but a light weight against his chest reminded him not to. His face softened as he felt the warm puffs of air from her lips skitter across his thinly clothed chest. Due to his restraint, he strained his eyes to see the faces of his giggling hyungs.

“You got cozy with the angel pretty quickly,” Jongin stated with a smug expression and crossed arms. “The two of you look as if you’re glued to each other with the way you’re sleeping.”

If it wasn’t for the fact that Sehun didn’t want to interrupt Mihyun’s peaceful sleeping, especially with how tired she had looked earlier that morning, he would have thrown the girl off to strangle Jongin to death.

“S-S-Sor-Sorry S-S-S-Seh-Sehun,” Kyungsoo stammered as he fiddled his thumbs together. “I-I t-t-told th-th-them to b-be qu-quiet, b-b-but th-they would-wouldn’t l-l-li-listen to m-me-me.”

“Kyungsoo, your stammering hasn’t improved the slightest bit these past three days. Did you no

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter