Day 2 (part 2)

Into something beautiful

Ever since you got home you checked out the clock about every hour. Zico and Taewoon’s invitations were replaying on your head and how much you wanted to ignore them, you couldn’t. “This is bull. How come I can get this distracted?” You asked yourself and really wanted an answer, but there was no one to answer that. This is why you need friends. And if someone there thinks why you didn’t call to Jun, it’s just because he’s a guy and you really needed a girl’s advice.

Last time you checked out the clock it was something around 9pm and you gave up thinking and crawling in bed. It was time to grab your self from the neck and get your together. You got up from the bed, walked towards the living room and opened the TV. It was Saturday and you were sure, there was playing even one good movie. But after you had browsed every single channel, you gave up with that too. “Seriously now! Can this day get any more worse?” You were literally dying on the floor before you found out you had bought a movie for the last weekend but then you hadn’t time to watch it. Now was the perfect time.

“Please be good and make me think something else…” You prayed as you put the disc on the player. When the menu popped up on the TV you screamed out loud. There was this scary man looking at you and then he had raised a gun in the screen and pulled the trigger and the screen turned all bloody and red (no Sherlock…). It just came so quickly you hadn’t time to react what to do and screaming seemed right. “Oh . What kind of movie did I just buy for myself?” You sighed and ran to the kitchen to make yourself some popcorn and tea. They didn’t fit together, but the tea was all you could drink at nights…

When you got back to the living room you put the popcorns next to you on the couch. Your way to sit was everything else than feminine. You were slouching like sloth… After watching the movie about 10 minutes you got already hooked. It was pretty good actually. So thrilling and the jokes were so cheap they made you laugh so hard you were scared your neighbors would get annoyed. But the best part is, you got your thoughts away from Zico.

-

When the movie was over it was already 12pm. You weren’t tired, at all. Usually you would have get into bed by now, but today everything felt just… wrong. You checked out your phone and for your big surprise he hadn’t called you even once. Though you were sure he would have called you to ask what you were doing, or what had you ate or how was your night etc. Jeeeez. And there we go again. Now you had the feeling you could just crawl under your blankets and disappear forever.

You squeezed the phone on your hand and put it close to your heart (or lungs) and walked to your bedroom where you just fell on your bed dragging the blanket over your body. You still didn’t feel the fatigue so you grabbed a book on your bedside table starting to read that. It was pretty y story about Stockholm syndrome (and if someone wants to know something about the syndrome it means that a victim falls in love with his/her kidnapper…)

You kinda liked it, because you wanted to be as rebellious as the characters in the story. But you knew you couldn’t disappoint your family, or yourself. You were always doing great, why change now? Besides, maybe you were born this way. There had to be good people on this planet too? If not, there wouldn’t be anyone who could take a good care of those badass punks. And the one reason you also liked the story was because you had this fantasy in mind where the main characters would be you and Zico… Oh gawd. How awkward.

-

You had read about 100 pages when you heard the doorbell ringing. And it didn’t just ring once, it rang twice and then 4 times after that. It took you minute to get your dressing gown and teddy bear slippers to cover your shoulders and toes. “What the is going on?” You asked silently millions of times before getting to the door. You quickly put the safety lock on and opened the door to see Zico standing outside leaning on the wall next to the door. And he was in terrible condition. Smelling like cigarettes, alcohol and Dior Homme’s Sport perfume. Actually you felt a bit the smell. You had just read a book about forbidden love and this was getting so much alike the fantasy you had. And then the fantasy just got all fuzzy when Zico opened his mouth.

“I ed up. I ed up so bad… Don’t hate me.” He started and got his hand out from his pocket to wipe his lip with his finger. When he got his hand to the light you could see some blood in it.

“Oh my god! Zico, what happened!?” You shocked at the sight and shut the door for a moment to get the safety lock opened. After that you put your hands on the both sides of Zico’s head and looked at him carefully. His lip was swollen because of a several punches (you had seen them so much you knew when someone had had a punch in their face) and the corner of his eye was also bleeding pretty badly.

“Please don’t hate me.” He said silently and you had no clue what he meant by that.

“I don’t hate you, yet, but we need to fix you. Now. Come inside.” You said and before he could answer you pulled him inside your house and lead him to your bathroom where you had your medicine cabinet. He was so drunk it took you about 2 minutes just to walk ten meters from the door to the bathroom.

“Sit on the toilet.” You said and let go of his hand, so he had to balance for himself for a second. Luckily he sat down perfectly and didn’t fell off as you got out some cotton wool and cleanser.

“This might bite a bit, but don’t yell or hit me, ok?” He nodded silently and you started to pat the stuff in his lip. It made him utter a bit, but after couple seconds he didn’t even make a sound as you changed the cotton wool and started to clean the eye.

“The good news is that you don’t need any stitches and the wounds will heal in couple days. The bad news is that you have to deal with that hangover tomorrow and the black eye will get bad. Like purple and yellow, but I think you can handle all that.” You said after you had put some Disney patterned bandages on his face and threw the wools on the garbage can. You saw him shrugging his shoulders like it was no big deal. All right. So this wasn’t new to him. You should have known…

“Ok, so what’s your story?” you asked crossing your arms above your stomach looking him with another brow up. He looked at you so apologized you wanted to hug him and tell him, whatever it was, you were not mad at him.

“I… I made something bad a-and it will not make you happy.” He said and turned his eyes on his hands.

“It can’t be that bad…” You started and then he just broke down.

“I was with a girl.” He said and turned his face back to you. And yet you hadn’t any clue what he was talking about.

“So you were with a girl… like that? Or…?” You asked and he shocked his head.

“No of course not! We didn’t do that! We just… Umh. I-I kissed her. And his boyfriend saw that and then he hit me couple of times and we got into a fight and then my brother got mad at me of that and then we got into fight too and and and… I’m sorry I kissed that girl.” He told the whole story in 3 seconds and it made you laugh out loud.

“Zico. Honey. You’re drunk…” You said and he was trying to interrupt you by saying he didn’t drink anything.

“Well your body says otherwise. And because you’re drunk you don’t need to feel bad about kissing that girl. Besides, we are nothing? Right? I’m not your girlfriend…” Saying things like that broke your heart. How madly would you have wanted to be his old lady.

“B-But. I really like you. And I think, what I did was wrong, and I really need your forgiveness. I love you.” He said and it hit you harder than the menu of the movie you had watched.

>Ok. Stay calm. Crazy talk. He’s drunk. Don’t let it get to you. Though… No. Nope. Drunken people can be wrong. What they always say is not true…< You said to yourself in mind and stared at Zico.

“You can sleep on the couch tonight. I’ll get you some sheets.” You said and before he could answer you disappeared from the door and got couple sheets and pillows from the utility room and with those you walked back to the living room where did still smell a little like popcorns.

When you had got the couch ready you came back to the bathroom to face Zico who was again looking at the ground.

“I got your ‘bed’ ready. Is there anything you need?” You asked and when he shocked his head you lead him to the living room where he fell on the couch as soon he saw it.

“Though you didn’t want anything, I think I might get you some water.” You smiled and got a glass of water from the kitchen on the table next to him.

He just thanked by making some kind of little high note noise. You decided to leave some lights on to the downstairs when you walked back to your bedroom.

-

You couldn’t sleep at all. You just turned from the side to side on your bed and focused on the noise the clock made as the time went on. For time to time you tried to listen if Zico was still breathing, but you didn’t get any clue, cause the clock was too loud.

Now you had stopped the rolling and just lied there on your left side facing the wall and the window. You closed your eyes breathing deep.

Soon you felt your bed moving behind you. You recognized the smell of a cigarette, alcohol and the same perfume, which hadn’t lightened up a bit. You didn’t know what to do and you shivered when you felt an arm getting over your body.

“Zico…?” You asked and heard a mumbling and felt deep breathing on your neck. You thought to leave it at that. Besides you couldn’t do anything for a drunken guy at this time of the night.