I love you

I love you

Peniel felt happy with his preparations. It was their one year anniversary, and Sungjae is about to go home from his schedule.

‘Everything’s all set.’ Peniel smiled proudly at his accomplishments. ‘Better get ready then.’

“Oh hey Peniel hyung, your cooking smells delicious!” Ilhoon said as he sniffed the sweet aroma filling the dining room.

“Don’t dare eat this okay? It’s for Sungjae. I’ll just go get ready.” Peniel hummed as he walked.

“Sungjae is very lucky to have you Donggeun.” Hyungsik said.

“Thanks hyung.” Peniel went to the bathroom to shower.

After 15 minutes of showering, he went out. As he passed the dining area, he noticed that the food he made was all gone.

“What happened to the food?” Peniel shouted as he looked at Ilhoon.

“Don’t look at me, it was Sungjae.” Ilhoon shook his head innocently.

“He’s home?” The other members nodded.

“He looked a little tired too.” Eunkwang added. Peniel nodded and went to his shared room with Sungjae.

He slowly opened the door and found Sungjae already sleeping. Peniel chuckled.

“Hey, sleepy head.” Peniel slowly nudged the top bunk. Sungjae groaned. “Wake up”

Sungjae sat up.

“What?” He said in a low voice.

“You just ate, you might get nightmares if you sleep right away.” Sungjae groaned and looked away.

“I’ll be fine.”

“You okay? You seem a little off.” Peniel took Sungjae’s hand, but the latter quickly pulled away.

“I’m tired.” Sungjae said.

“Oh, then you should go rest then. We’ll talk tomorrow okay?” Peniel turned around.

“No, I’m tired, tired of you, tired of this.” Peniel was taken aback and faced Sungjae.

“What do you mean?” Sungjae went down.

“I’m tired of you hyung, it is what it is.” Sungjae said without any regrets.

“What are you trying to say Sungjae?” Peniel said, avoiding the younger’s eyes. He didn’t want to cry, but his tears betrayed him.

“I’m breaking up with you.” When Sungjae finally said it, Peniel fell on his knees.

“Why? Did I do anything wrong? Please, let me fix it, please Sungjae, don’t do this.” Peniel cried his heart out, but Sungjae didn’t care.

“Aish, stop it hyung! I hate it when you cry, it irritates me.” Sungjae back faced him. “I just don’t feel that connection anymore. I guess it was never there to begin with.”

Peniel was at lost for words now. He never knew the other felt this way.

“Then why didn’t you say anything? Why didn’t you tell me that this was all a facade?” Peniel could barely stand up, but he managed to do so.

“Because I didn’t want to hurt you.” Sungjae said in a low voice. Peniel bitterly chuckled.

“Then what are you doing now?” Sungjae faced him.

“Do you think I want this?” Sungjae said, closing the gap between them. “This is hard for me to you know!” Sungjae shouted at Peniel’s face, but the other still kept his composure, even though he was broken deep down.

“You broke up with me so easily.” Peniel now faced the taller boy. “You said those words so easily. Breaking up with me is so easy for you.” Sungjae wanted to answer back, but no words were coming out. He just sighed and turned around.

Before he could reach the door knob, Peniel had a few more words to say.

“Are you sure about this?” Peniel eyed the blurry figure in front of him.

“I’m sorry.” Sungjae closed his eyes.

“No, I’m sorry I wasn’t enough for you. You’re free then. I guess you really mean it this time. Happy anniversary, if you still want it, you can open your present. I hid it in the closet. Please take it, okay? It would really mean a lot to me. Please lock the door when you leave.”

Sungjae wanted to apologize for what he did, but he just locked the door and walked away.

“What happened?” Eunkwang asked. “I heard shouting.” Sungjae shook his head.

“Well, what happened? There wouldn’t be any shouting if you nothing happened.” Changsub said.

“I broke up with Donggeun hyung.” Gasps filled the room.

“What? Why? Where’s Peniel?” Hyungsik asked. He walked to the door. “Why is it locked?”

“Peniel hyung asked me to.” Hyungsik took Sungjae by the collar.

“Are you stupid or something? Why did you do that? What if he does something stupid?” Hyungsik said, furious with the situation. Sungjae’s eyes widened.

“I-I...” Before Sungjae could speak, Hyungsik dropped him.

“Ilhoon, go get the keys, hurry.” Ilhoon nodded and left right away. After a few seconds, he came back, with keys in hand. Hyungsik quickly took the keys and inserted the key to the locked room.

“Why won’t it open? This is the right key.” Hyungsik was starting to panic.

Sungjae just stood there.

“Maybe he blocked the door.” Minhyuk said. Hyungsik shouted and started to ram the door.

“Donggeun-ah! Open up! Please!” Hyungsik kept ramming the door, until he finally broke the door, causing the cabinet to fall down.

Hyungsik quickly stood up and entered the room.

“Donggeun-ah!” Hyungsik ran to the other who was unconsciously lying on the floor. Hyungsik carried Peniel.

“Get out of the way!” The others moved away. Hyungsik ran towards the door.

Eunkwang and Changsub followed.

“Let’s talk about this later okay?” Eunkwang said to Sungjae.

When they left, silence was all Sungjae could hear.

“You messed up Jae.” Minhyuk shook his head and left.

“I just hope you don’t regret this.” Ilhoon also left.

For a while, Sungjae just stood there.

Even though it’s too late, he decided to check the gift Peniel left. He walked up to the closet and found a yellow box. He took it out and went to his room. He sat at Minhyuk’s bed and slowly opened the box.

He took out the scrapbook and held it in his shaking hands.

He noticed a letter taped in front and decided to read it first.

He unfolded the letter.

Hey Jae!

Hello my lovely Sungjae. Happy Anniversary! So you might be wondering why I made a scrapbook, well the main reason is, I wanted to keep our sweet moments forever, well I wanted YOU to remember them forever.

Before I anything else, always know that I love you okay? I love you so much Yook Sungjae.

I have terminal Leukaemia. Don’t be shocked, this type of cancer can happen to anyone, any age, and any place. Even chemotherapy couldn’t cure this illness, it would only make my life longer, but not for a very long time.

The doctor said I could leave any time now, so I now you realized why I made the scrapbook right?

I’ve compiled pictures from our trainee days, up to our latest comeback. I wish you would cherish them as much as I do.

Please don’t be sad, I don’t regret anything. I can still remember the first day I met you, it was love at first sight! <3

I know our relationship is kind of in the rocks right now, but even with our ups and downs, I’m thankful because God gave me you.

I love you so much Yook Sungjae! I wish that even if I’m gone, you would still live your life.

  • Peniel

Sungjae felt his heart ache.

‘What have I done?’

Sungjae quickly stood up and rushed out to follow the others. He guessed they would go to Seoul hospital, because it was the nearest hospital from their dorm.

He ran, not caring about the rain, not caring about his image, he wanted to kill himself for what he did.

After minutes of running, he rushed inside.

“Jae” Eunkwang said, crying.

“Hyung, where’s Peniel?” Sungjae said in between of breaths. Eunkwang just shook his head and continued crying. Tears started to stream down Sungjae’s face.

“Where is he?!?” Sungjae shouted. Eunkwang weakly pointed at the emergency room. Sungjae rushed inside and found Peniel, accompanied by Changsub and Hyungsik.

“Sungjae” Peniel said in a weak voice. He gestured for Sungjae to come close. “What are you doing here?”

“Hyung, I’m sorry. I’m so sorry.” Sungjae took Peniel’s hand. Hyungsik and Changsub left the room. It was heartbreaking for them.

Peniel shook his head.

“It’s okay.” Peniel caressed Sungjae’s cheek. “I love you, so much. Don’t ever doubt that.” Sungjae nodded.

“I love you too hyung, so much.” Peniel smiled.

“I guess you opened your gift.” Sungjae nodded. “Thank you.” Sungjae started to cry hard. “At least you’ll be the last one I’ll see.” Peniel Sungjae’s hair. “I love you.” He said in a whisper.

He slowly closed his eyes, the grip on Sungjae’s hand slowly weakening.

“Hyung, please, wake up hyung.” Sungjae nudged Peniel. “Hyung, please!!! Wake up!”

Sungjae opened his eyes and sat up. He started to breath heavily, sweat dripping from his forehead.

He quickly went down of his bunk and went out of his room. He ran through rooms until he found the person he was looking for. He rushed to the person and hugged him.

“Hyung” Sungjae hugged the person even more.

“Hey Jae, what’s up? Everything okay?” Peniel asked, eyes still on the screen.

“Nothing hyung, I just had a very bad dream.” Peniel now faced Sungjae.

“Aish, don’t be scared, it was only a dream. Look at you, you’re sweating like crazy. Come on, let’s get you a new shirt.” Peniel stood up. Before he could leave, Sungjae stopped him and gave him a kiss.

“I love you hyung, don’t ever doubt that okay?” Peniel blushed and nodded.

“I love you too Sungjae.”

From that day on, Sungjae treated Peniel like a princess. (Sort of)

Fin

 

 

 

 

 

I'm really sorry for scaring youuuuu!!! Lol, I ship PENJAE!!!!! <3 Please leave your comments kay? ^^