Sweet lips.

Little Miss Ice Cream

Kris' P.O.V.

Oh god the sun is killing me.

Talk about Sundays when the sun's is trying to melt me alive.

Walking down the streets of Seoul in under the scorching sun is too much. Especially when it's just way too hot. I walked along the sidewalk, looking for the nearest air-conditioned shop. And there it was. An ice-cream shop. What good timing.

I entered the shop, the smell of ice-cream lingered under my nose. Nobody was inside. It was silent. Except for the drumming sound of the ice-cream machine. Then, I heard some footsteps from the kitchen area. And there, came out this petite sized girl. Her eyes were large and round, with pretty brown orbs and a sharp nose which fit her face perfectly. 

Pretty.

"O-oh welcome. Sorry to keep you waiting sir. What would you like to order?"

I was caught off guard when I realized I was staring at her face.

"U-umm, sir?"

I snapped out of my little thoughts and tried my best to stay cool. 

"O-oh I didn't see you there. Uhh...one vanilla-raspberry ice cream, please?"

"Neh, coming right up, sir. Anything else?"

"No, thanks."

She gave a little bow and went back to the kitchen area to prepare my order. The kitchen area was opened so I could see every single thing she was doing. I watched as she moved back and forth to prepare the order. 

You must be kidding me, Kris. You can't fall in love at first sight.

She turned around with my ice-cream order in her hands as she walked towards me. Placing the ice-cream onto the table, our gazes met for a second before she averted her gaze and scurried off to the kitchen.

I played around with the spoon and made little ministrations onto the little lump of pinkish white ice-cream, a little skeptical as to why she'd want to open a shop just to sell ice-cream. To me it didn't have much charm to it, it didn't have toppings, the colour wasn't all that amazing. It looked pretty much like those you'd find from the typical ice-cream stall at the market. But I guess it wouldn't hurt to give it a try.

Oh how wrong I was.

 

 

This ice-cream is really good. 

 

It was if time stopped the moment the soft, velvety ice-cream made contact with the surface of my tongue. It was weet, but not all that sweet, sour too, but not all that sour. Little bits of raspberry chunks danced around in my mouth, with a bit of vanilla to compliment the sweet-sour taste. It melted off my tongue, it was addicting, but what made it addicting? I just couldn't figure it out. It looked ordinary, but definitely didn't taste ordinary at all. One bite, two bites, soon, the bowl was clean.

I took a tissue and wiped my mouth as I walked up to the counter to pay up. The girl didn't realize I was there as she was busy writing something. I took a closer look and saw that she was writing a recipe. 

 

 

'Double vanilla-oreo ice cream'

 

 

Does that mean, the ice cream I ate a minute ago was actually homemade? Wow thhis girl is amazing.

She looked up slowly and quickly closed her 'recipe' book and hid it behind her back as she saw me.

Cute.

"Y-yes? May I help you s-sir?" she said, lowering her head, flustered. Chuckling lightly, I told her that I wanted to pay for the ice-cream. She took the little recipe book and kept it in her apron pocket, head still lowered. This girl, she has her ways of intriguing me. 

 

I want to know her more.

 

"What's your name?"

She turned to me, eyes wide. I passed her the money, our hands slightly making contact. She walked to cash register silently.

 

"W-why would I tell my name to a stranger?" her hands, making quick movements on the buttons of the cash register. 

Propping my elbows on the counter with my chin resting on my palms, I stared at her, smiling to myself. She tore of the bill that printed out of the cash register and handed me the change.

 

"H-hey, why are you staring at me like that? It's not as if staring at me would allow you to know my name..."

I tilted my head, gave her a wink, took my change and walked to the door. 

 

"I'm Kris. And hey, I might not be stranger you know. I might come here often. Your ice-cream was pretty dang good. I'll see you again."

 

 

 

YOUR P.O.V.

Kris eh? Tch still a weird customer.

After making sure he already left, I took out my recipe book, and started writing again. 

Hopefully this flavour will bring up the shop's business. I couldn't let omma and appa down. Business' been quite slow lately.

Yes, I own this small ice-cream shop. My parents were too old to continue this business. I've done loads of part-time jobs just to buy this little shoplot to open up this ice-cream shop. I could admit that my studies were pretty good, even though I claim that myself, my family was poor so I couldn't continue my studies. I didn't want my parents' business to die out so I sacrificed my studies just to continue this business. 

I wrote the last few ingredients and closed my book. Somehow, my mind flew to the previous customer.

One really tall guy, and quite good-looking I must say.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Oh look, it's 9.30 already. Should close up by now.

I got up from behind the counter and went to the back of the kitchen to get the broom and the mop to clean up.

After half an hour of cleaning, I packed my bag and took the keys locked the entrance of the shop. Turning around, I realized that I forgot my torchlight, for the umpteenth time. It was dark, the streetlights weren't functioning, only the light of the moon illuminated the streets. It was safer to use the long way, but it was already late, plus it was cold, and I didn't have any sweater with me. Either use the long way and get sick, or use the shortcut and get a hot bath.

 

 Shortcut it is.

I turned left, and disappeared into the dark alley. I took slow, careful steps. My hands gripped on the straps of my bag, my knuckles turning white. Two steps later, I heard something

 

Somebody was following me.

 

 

Walk faster, Jenny. 

 

Faster.

 

Faster.

 

 

Run!

I started running, my breath vaporizing before me. My hair flying with the wind, my chest alternating between rising and falling. My legs gave way and soon I had to stop and catch my breath. 

"Yo."

 

I jumped in shock, turning around with my right palm resting above my heart. The person emerged from the dark, the moonlight illuminating his face. A senseof familiarity washed over me as I squinted to see who it was.

"Kris?"

 He now stopped in his tracks, gave me a smile and waved.

"Didn't know we'd bumped into each other like this," he said, rubbing his neck.

I scoffed. "Bumping into each other? Pshh bull. You were following me!! That's what you call being a stalker!"

Kris widened his eyes at my words, surprised with my sudden outburst. In fact, I was surprised too. Never have I raised my voice at someone I just knew. 

"O-oh no. I'm-I'm sorry I shouldn't have raised my voice-"

"There's no need to apologize." He said chuckling. "I'm the one who's supposed to be apologizing anyways."

"Even so...I mean I raised my voice. Anyways, what are you doing here?"

"I was about to go to your shop just now but then I saw you closing up already. I was about to turnback but then I saw you walking towards the dark alley and I was scared..t-.that something might happen to you...i mean since the alley was dark and , y-you know, it might get dangerous at night and you're a girl plus it's not safe to walk alone at night and-"

 

I chuckled, stopping his words. Despite his cool demeanor this afternoon, he was still able to stutter.

 

"W-what?'

 

"Nothing, thanks for accompanying me though. I reall need to head back. To return you favour, I guess it's only right that I tell you my name, since you told me yours. I'm Jenny," I said, with a smile suddenly forgetting that I was the one who was all stuttery this afternoon. "See you tomorrow Kris."

I was about to walk away when he s grabbed my wrist.

"Hey, you forgot something."

 

It all happened too fast, one second I was being pulled by the waist and the other, he was kissing me. 

 

Kissing me.

 

He pulled away, and cupped my cheeks before lightly pecking my forehead.

 

"See you tomorrow I guess, Jenny?'

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: lol i changed the whole story plot, still unlogic tbh xD sumimasennnnnnnnnn